SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So how many of you say "StRUm and Ruger" when it's really "StURm and Ruger"?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how many of you say "StRUm and Ruger" when it's really "StURm and Ruger"? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I knew it was Sturm, but I tend say it with an umlaut ("Stürm"), which I think makes it "Storming Ruger".

There's no umlaut in Sturm (in either the last name or the German word for Storm).

I know. I do it because I'm strange.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
quote:
Proper names should be pronounced as their bearers desire. Wink

Yeah maybe. But there's a tiny little town southwest of Nashville called 'Sante Fe'. The locals pronounce it 'santa fee'. I just can't get on board with that

Don’t get me started on Camp Le Jeune vs Camp Le “jern”

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I simply say Ruger

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I knew it was Sturm, but I generally just say Ruger.

Regarding Leupold, I pronounce it Le Up Old.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2095 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I knew it was Sturm, but I generally just say Ruger.

Regarding Leupold, I pronounce it Le Up Old.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I say it with the long "U". Or just say "Ruger".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leopold.

That cartoon evidently dates from 1949. It’s a telling comment on how our culture has changed in 70 years to think that the producers of the cartoon could expect that an audience of children, or even adults, would have had the slightest understanding of what it referred to.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Leopold.

That cartoon evidently dates from 1949. It’s a telling comment on how our culture has changed in 70 years to think that the producers of the cartoon could expect that an audience of children, or even adults, would have had the slightest understanding of what it referred to.

If the breaking baton wasn't a tipoff, the hair should have been. Or should I say "hare"?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
It’s not Rugar?

Posts: 2307 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Aside the Super Blackhawk I call them overweight pieces of junk.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9660060564

Posts: 3510 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21bubba:
Aside the Super Blackhawk I call them overweight pieces of junk.
I have about a dozen Blackhawks (Old Model) in several calibers--I really am fond of them!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Leopold.

If the breaking baton wasn't a tipoff, the hair should have been. Or should I say "hare"?

Big Grin

I have a Bisley Blackhawk and it's got the sweetest trigger!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38730 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've never heard anyone pronounce it 'Strum'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16539 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
This is a Strum Ruger...

Custom Made Les Paul Electric Guitar Ruger by Harry Kim, on Flickr

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."