SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Knew This Day was Coming - A Few Photos
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Knew This Day was Coming - A Few Photos Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I am glad that you and Tracy are able to share the last few steps on her "walk" together. I'm also glad there are friends like you in the world. You're both in my thoughts today.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
A quick update from tonight. We had a wonderful day together and I guess I got my wish because she didn’t pass today. She is still lucid and we can talk. They started the morphine drip today and she is now in comfort meds only.

I asked her if I could post a few photos of her to some of my friends and she said yes. So that’s later.

Funeral arrangements were made today.

I was emotionally prepared for today to be the end of her journey - we laughed about some of the things we did. Oh to be young again.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes. I am reading them to her and she squeezes my hand a lot.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Stay right next to her and hold her hand, even if you need to take a nap. As difficult as it maybe, it will be great if she is holding your hand as she goes to the the other side. You have a good heart sir. A good husband. Again.... you will be both in my prayers tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
A quick update from tonight. We had a wonderful day together and I guess I got my wish because she didn’t pass today. She is still lucid and we can talk. They started the morphine drip today and she is now in comfort meds only.

I asked her if I could post a few photos of her to some of my friends and she said yes. So that’s later.

Funeral arrangements were made today.

I was emotionally prepared for today to be the end of her journey - we laughed about some of the things we did. Oh to be young again.

Tomorrow is another day.

Thank you all for your prayers and best wishes. I am reading them to her and she squeezes my hand a lot.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
My thoughts as prayers are with both of you over the next several days. I'm glad you are able to spend this precious time with her.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
A quick update from tonight. We had a wonderful day together and I guess I got my wish because she didn’t pass today. She is still lucid and we can talk.
....we laughed about some of the things we did. Oh to be young again.

This is the best thing for both of you to do with the final moments. I hope that you cherish and vividly recall all of the good memories you made together. Giving her comfort in meantime and may ease the pain of your loss.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don’t even know what to say, man. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’ll be praying for you both.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad you’re together for this. Three times in my life I’ve missed a final opportunity for a visit and goodbye. Praying for comfort, my friend.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers and blessings for you both. As tough as the situation is, rejoice that you are able to be with her at this time.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you made it in time and you get to be there for her.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I know it hurts to say goodbye...but by being there with her, you have paid her the highest honor. May Gods grace be with you both.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it is fantastic you two were granted time to say your goodbyes. I wish both of you strength and peace in the coming days.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
God bless you both

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Lifting you and Tracy up in prayer. Godspeed

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1123 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers.

I was making funeral arrangements late this afternoon and it appears that she has slipped into a coma. I did not make it back in time so I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye.

We will know more about her condition likely tomorrow at some point but I’m returning to Tucson early AM.

Meg will be staying with her to the end.

Thank you all again for the thoughts and prayers. All are greatly appreciated and I read most of them to her.

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
She can hear you.... tell her.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I did. Trust me on that.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I know there is nothing I can say to ease your pain. All I can offer is a friendly ear or shoulder to cry on any time you might need someone. You will be in my thoughts and prayers

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Prayers for all.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thank you all

this has been difficult and I will need quite awhile to process all of this

a big part of my life is gone