SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas members, do you have any "Texas-isms" I could share?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas members, do you have any "Texas-isms" I could share? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^ Don't over look the Ports along the Gulf Of Mexico, such as Corpus, Galveston, etc. Access and Shipping to the world.

That IS a HUGE and vital asset. HUGE.
And I-35 goes all the way to Canada. Just make a deal like the one Mexico has.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever helps ya'll sleep at night .. Big Grin

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^ Don't over look the Ports along the Gulf Of Mexico, such as Corpus, Galveston, etc. Access and Shipping to the world.

That IS a HUGE and vital asset. HUGE.

Not to say that Texas should secede, but Corpus and Galveston pale beside the Port of Houston, which some years moves more total tonnage than any other port in the United States.

The Port of Houston is probably the ultimate cause of the greater Houston area growing from a population of under 190,000 in 1920 to almost 2 million in 1970 to over 7 million in 2020, and is definitely the ultimate cause of Houston having such a great international food and culture scene.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
catawampus or cattywampus, however you want to spell it, is just a step below FUBAR.

If it's a step 'below FUBAR', is it more FUBAR or less FUBAR? It all gets so confusing. Cattywhumpus sounds kind of fun, so does it fit between SNAFU and FUBAR or between FUBAR and Shit-show, which as is established is below Cluster Fuck?

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post