SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hard to Believe, California (my home state) Just Got Dumber. Natural gas heaters and water heaters banned in 2030
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard to Believe, California (my home state) Just Got Dumber. Natural gas heaters and water heaters banned in 2030 Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Why is anyone surprised.
Next it will be, no one is aloud to use soap when showering.
The reason, soap will hurt the environment, al tho I am sure there will be exceptions for the chosen few.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
California is what leftist want for the entire nation. Stupid is insidious and when we reach the tipping point, the rational will be along for the ride.

Posts: 1982 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
More people need to leave that state and let it collapse by its own policies. Then it will change for the better.

No, they don't. They need to stay right where they are and fix what they broke. Nobody wants them to bring their shit elsewhere.

quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
At least this particular moronic move won't affect the saner-49

See above.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Freakin’ A, Gustofer!!! Stay the f*** out!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Almost like they believe electricity just magically appears with no limit and 100% “clean”.

JC

Posts: 1276 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Huh. I thought natural gas was clean energy. That state better get busy breeding unicorns, and catching fairies by the wings, they don’t seem to permit even alternative energy site development within the states borders; I guess if the power comes in on a wire, they don’t have to think about its origin. Fukkin’ dummies.

Posts: 13311 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I think at this point the only safe bet for California residents is to plow under their evil water-thirsty lawns, and put in a Cannabis patch, not for "medicinal" purposes, but for something to burn as fuel. They'll never ban that!

I, for one, cannot wait for CA to become the natural paradise it once was where we can dance naked in the lush landscape under the moon and stars. Yes, I know it was mostly desert, but with enough wishful thinking and fairy dust (can we still say "fairy?") all our dreams will come true.

Posts: 6520 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I, for one, cannot wait for CA to become the natural paradise it once was where we can dance naked in the lush landscape under the moon and stars. Yes, I know it was mostly desert, but with enough wishful thinking and fairy dust (can we still say "fairy?") all our dreams will come true.

Burning Man is over for this year, yer gonna have to wait until next year and drive your EV there... Although no lush landscape...

Posts: 23609 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
California is an interesting case study. These people have been, and continue to vote against their best interest. They put up with things I thought no American would. Doesn't help my personal optimism concerning the state of this nation. I've always said we don't have a politician problem we have a people problem. California is exhibit A for that notion.

I wonder how many other similar, smaller scale, enclaves there are across the country just waiting to gain traction.

Posts: 2805 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
More people need to leave that state and let it collapse by its own policies. Then it will change for the better.

It will become a shithole like Mexico, and it will never change, because stupid people that remain will continue to let maggot dictators rule over them.

Well, I was going to be optimistic and “then it *might* change for the better”, but you are probably right. Sigh…

Posts: 6927 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
For a state that imports 70% of its electricity and is also subject to rolling blackouts during peak summer AC months, and also is encouraging EV to not charge in the evenings, fucking stupid.

I’m hoping to be welcomed by the sane when I can finally escape the asylum.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the average KWH usage is in the average California home today. Now add a car charger, lawn mower charger, electric clothes dryer, electric furnace/AC, and an electric hot water heater. Whats my KWH now?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4242 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
For a state that imports 70% of its electricity and is also subject to rolling blackouts during peak summer AC months, and also is encouraging EV to not charge in the evenings, fucking stupid.

Yep. All those Californians are going to enjoy sitting in the dark and sweating/freezing while jerking themselves off to thoughts of how "environmentally friendly" they are.

Posts: 32569 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More stupid created by the unelected. CARB just like the PUC (Public Utilities Commission), is a governor appointed organization. Does it need to get approved via legislature....of course not, there's a super majority in all the state-wide elected positions.

Like the PUC, they have a hard time connecting the dots, they're towing the only-electricity energy policy and pushed the electricity providers to build wind & solar infrastructure, resulting in no updating and modernizing of the existing infrastructure....SURPRISE! Majority of big fires over the last 6-years are a result of electrical distribution component failure or, vegetation contact. Replace all power lines with insulated lines or, bury them? Fuck no, build more panels and wind turbines.

The majority of homes in the Sierras and other semi-rural and rural communities run on propane, power outages in these areas usually take a week sometime longer to get restored, the gov doesn't care about you. Several counties have already banned gas stoves for new home builds; so an entire home is electrified and yet, brown outs and power warnings continue...what could go wrong?

Posts: 14708 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m hoping to be welcomed by the sane when I can finally escape the asylum.

I may be stuck a little longer. If things keep going the way they are, I may have to do a two part/two state state move so I can legitimately state “I’m moving from <some state other than Kommiefornia>.” when I move to the destination state. CA escapees already are (justifiably) viewed with suspicion. By the time I escape it may be outright hostility.

Posts: 6927 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Un-fricking believable the level of moron-ity in this state.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/...gas-heaters-by-2030/

[QUOTE]
SAN DI Woke EGO — The California Air Resources Board voted to end the sale of gas furnaces and gas water heaters by the year 2030.

I'll see your California CARB board Green energy "moron-ity"... and I'll raise you a CARB board's ludicrous push to go Woke in their continuing efforts to implement authoritarian government control. Wink

[Note: photo and hyperlinks found at linked website article.]

=================

California Looks To Ban Diesel-Powered Trucks To Rectify ‘Decades Of Racist’ Practices

JACK MCEVOY
ENERGY & ENVIRONMENT REPORTER
September 21, 2022
1:52 PM ET

(CARB) is considering new regulations to ban the sale of all diesel semi-trucks by 2040 to fight climate change and rectify a legacy of racist practices, according to a CARB report released on Aug. 30.

The proposal would require medium and heavy-duty trucks entering ports and railyards to be fully electric by 2035, according to the report. CARB believes that such freight vehicles should be banned because the diesel emissions that come from such vehicles disproportionately affect low-income and minority communities due to racist zoning policies.

“Decades of racist and classist practices, including red-lining and siting decisions, have concentrated heavy-duty vehicle and freight activities in these communities, with concomitant disproportionate pollution burdens,” the regulators stated. “CARB has legal and moral obligations to lessen these burdens.”

CARB must vote on the proposal to ban diesel semi-trucks on Oct. 27. The proposed regulations would also require state and local government vehicle fleets to be fully electric by 2027, according to the report.

“Black and Latino populations experiencing significantly greater air pollution impacts than white populations,” CARB added. “Communities in and around ports move much of the nation’s freight, and so experience pollution on a national scale in their neighborhoods.”

California passed a new regulation on Aug. 25 that will require 100% of new cars sold in California by 2035 to be electric, up from the current 12%. Interim targets also require 35% of vehicles sold in the state by 2026 to produce zero emissions, rising to 68% by 2030.

California aims to enforce its rules by penalizing automakers up to $20,000 per vehicle if they fail to meet the state’s sales quotas.

The state hopes that these measures will significantly raise the amount of EVs on the road which will help curb emissions and accelerate its ongoing green energy transition.

In July, California truckers protested a new labor law that classified the state’s 70,000 independent owner-operators as employees of the shipping companies that they work alongside, rather than independent contractors. The bill forces truckers to either become employees beholden to company regulations or pay up to $20,000 out-of-pocket for permits and insurance to handle their own logistics and remain independent.

CARB and Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s office did not immediately respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s request for comment.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Why is anyone surprised.
The reason, soap will hurt the environment, al tho I am sure there will be exceptions for the chosen few.

....they'll have to have water to shower with first.....

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Why is anyone surprised.

....they'll have to have water to shower with first.....

Ya, like they’d think that through first.

Posts: 11034 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have zero empathy for CA, the state's residents elected the people based on the idealism they embraced, clean air, free love, intersex relationships, gay marriage, open borders.

Clearly the voters in CA want single party rule and extreme government and environmental action, they want to be the leaders of the free world on these things, setters of examples, drivers of policy.

Trump was spot on going after CARB, he just ran out of voter support in the mid terms and thus, time...

Posts: 23609 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Isn’t gas more efficient per BTU compared to electric?

So thrilled to be leaving CA and looking at homes in Tennessee.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post