SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hard to Believe, California (my home state) Just Got Dumber. Natural gas heaters and water heaters banned in 2030
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard to Believe, California (my home state) Just Got Dumber. Natural gas heaters and water heaters banned in 2030 Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
They love to rush to be the most reviled state…idiots.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F_L:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sorry, would someone please tell me what their objection is to clean-burning natural gas? Roll Eyes

Burning natural gas releases CO2. CO2 is one of those scary greenhouse gases. Never mind that natural gas is the cleanest and cheapest of the fossil fuels, or CO2 is naturally occurring.
Or that CO2 is essential to the existence of life on this planet.
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I saw Sonny Barger, the founder of the Hells Angels died & it got me to thinking. When is Newsome going to tell the Hells Angels, Pagans, and the other outlaw biker gangs in CA that they need to change over to e-bikes? Sonny's funeral is at the Stockton 99 Speedway, and it would be an excellent time for Newsome to show up, pay his respects, then make the announcement.Smile
And the upside of that approach...the brotherhood would arrange for Newsome to join Sonny pushing up daisies.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be that big of a deal, I mean there's already more than enough hot air that comes out of California, it seems to be their number one export.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I think the real plan here is to force everyone out of California. There is no way people can live in that state if all of these laws actually come to pass.

What is next?
- Banning all live stock to reduce methane emissions?
- Probably should ban lawns to avoid the need to use drinkable water and also eliminate the need for any lawn maintenance equipment. Just concrete it and paint it green.
- Aircraft are no longer allowed to fly over California to further reduce emissions
- All plastic use will be banned to reduce impact of plastics on the environment and the use of fossil fuels needed to make them. Just put your garbage in paper bags
- Then ban all paper products as that negatively impacts forests
- Use of metal fabricated products will also be banned as manufacturing causes unnecessary drain on the over stressed power grid
- Fabrication of anything using wood will be banned for the same reason all paper products were banned, we MUST save the forests as with no metal or plastic allowed there will clearly be a run on trees
- Forest animals must also be banned from living in California as they also create methane
= Ban everything that has not been previously banned as the banning of previously un-banned items is clearly the next logical step to save the environment.
- Those who have done the banning must also be banned, and those who ban them must subsequently be banned. Those who banned those who were banned must also be banned.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Save the planet. Ha! They can’t even save the cities. Have you seen SF, Oakland, LA recently?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The discovery and harnessing of fire allowed mankind to rise above all other animals. Now they are on a crusade to eliminate fire...

Diesel locomotives are subject to Tier4 industrial regs yet, but that is only newly sold ones, the old ones don't have to be taken out of service. There is no way to power a train with a battery, but they can use 3rd rail or overhead electrical lines.

The absurdity of article is that diesel engines are much much cleaner than 30 years ago. They are so clean we have passed the point of diminishing returns - for ACTUAL pollutants like NOx and unburned HC. It takes time for the old smoke belchers to die out, but thing are way better than before, just like cars today versus the 1960's. The main difference is diesel regs didn't come into effect until the late 1990's.

And guess what - there is no electric truck with the range needed for OTR. Tesla is making promises but not showing anything that actually works. The major truck companies are trying to range is just too short except for local delivery and port-to-warehouse runs.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post