SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So proud of my son...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So proud of my son... Login/Join 
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Awesome all the way around!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Nice job! To both of you!

As others have said, relish the time with him, as he'll be gone to college in a blink of an eye.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
That's awesome, well done young man.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
Hi might be a competitor shooter some day in the not too distant future! He has a great dad! So glad you are doing these things with him. He knows what happiness is!

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Both smiles say it all!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11156 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
outa sight.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dave.

My sons and daughter are all grown and trained up.
Started my Son-in-law and working on the grand kids.
Keep up the good relationship. It builds character and good citizenship.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Congrats and great picture Dave!
I'm looking forward to doing the same with my grandson this summer!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Awesome passing on the knowledge!

Posts: 6039 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Glad you got some quality time with your son. They grow up quick.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4033 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the nice words. I just ordered his own personal eyes and ears...I'm very proud of him, he's generally very "wiggly" but was so good.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Great job, both of you. I found that when we started more "grown up" activities my son's wiggles seemed to lessen also.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Start 'em young - I always enjoyed teaching my kids to shoot.

Strongly suggest you teach him the Eddie Eagle stuff as well - really helps them, IMO. It is different than the 4 gun safety rules - which you're already doing. Great job Dad!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

All solid hits!

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great pic, Dave. Very much looking forward to that day with my little boy. Big Grin

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Cool Dave, very cool. Pass the torch and some ammo please. The pic says all that needs to be said.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for both of you!

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
That is great David !!!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post