SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So proud of my son...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So proud of my son... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice work there! Smile

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome to see. It brings back a lot of good memories!
Way to go pops!

Silent

Posts: 1054 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Huge amounts of being proud there David!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like you both had a great time. I am wanting to take mine soon.

Posts: 7057 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And that's what life is all about... enjoying good times together... I am waiting for our weather to warm up a bit and then it's time for my son to get some time behind the AR with peep sights, Army boot camp is only months away... Seems like yesterday that my son was that size...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That's a memory he'll hold onto forever.

Posts: 2220 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
His smile says it all; good job, Dad.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
David, it may sound odd, but that picture made me tear up a bit. Each of my boys went through their first shooting experience much the same way. As they grew and their enthusiasm increased, shooting became about them rather than about me. I see that same thing in your picture. They say love and service/sacrifice rolls down hill from parent to child. Somewhere along the line We lose ourselves in their joy and education. Now that they are all adults I am left to shoot alone again. I can't see as well. It's harder to collect my brass. Mostly though, I miss my boys. It is good to see you two together. I encourage you to do it as often as is possible. Smile

My exact sentiments. Been shooting with my son since he turned 8 yo. My favorite shooting partner. He is now gone to college and I miss those times. Dave, take the lad out as much as possible, the fun is almost too much for a man to handle.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dad! That's fine shooting and an even better time for father and son!

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great Job, to both of you guys.

Love the smiles!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Well done Dave!

It is apparent you both had a blast.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sweet Chuckie
posted Hide Post
Some fine shooting there, young man. And those smiles are beautiful....... Smile

Posts: 250 | Location: White Sulphur Springs, MT | Registered: December 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Nice job, both of you!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good job dad. Making good memories and helping him understand and respect firearms.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Good job!

Posts: 6960 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now you know what to get him for his birthday Razz

Great job, Dad!

Posts: 430 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Smiles say it all, Dave.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Dave, the beginning of a lifetime of fun at the range.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Awesome picture and what a great experience. Well done.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post