SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So proud of my son...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So proud of my son... Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
I'm so proud of my first born...

.22 slow fire at 15 feet 20 rounds from a rented Browning Buckmark.

We spent a few days a week for weeks learning about gun safety, gun nomenclature, cartridge parts, proper grip, stance etc...

Went to the range, stood on the other side of the glass, then we put on our eyes and ears and went in. We went back out and I asked him if he was ready and did the noise make him nervous. He was nervous but went wanted to try.

He tried, he loved it...I loved it more than he did I'm sure

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6061 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you. It doesn't get much better than that.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Hey that's pretty great.

Posts: 8178 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Looks like two very happy dudes! Good shooting.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Good work, young man.

You too, dad. Smile

Posts: 10806 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,
You are making memories. Save that target!
Many years ago I saved my Grandson's first target.
He is 20 now and that target still brings a smile to his face.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Pix say's it all. He is a splitting image of you. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19707 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Keeping the tradition alive !!!!! Good deal.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Great job!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I'm loving the smiles! Great work to you and your son both! Enjoy the memories! My son is starting to be mature enough to learn hands-on. I have been working with him with Nerf guns for a while now.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful. Cool

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to bring my kids shooting. You both look like you had a great time. How old is your son?

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Nicely done!

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
David, it may sound odd, but that picture made me tear up a bit. Each of my boys went through their first shooting experience much the same way. As they grew and their enthusiasm increased, shooting became about them rather than about me. I see that same thing in your picture. They say love and service/sacrifice rolls down hill from parent to child. Somewhere along the line We lose ourselves in their joy and education. Now that they are all adults I am left to shoot alone again. I can't see as well. It's harder to collect my brass. Mostly though, I miss my boys. It is good to see you two together. I encourage you to do it as often as is possible. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Question is, which of you is grinning harder? Tough call.

Great pic, way to carry on the tradition.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Way to go dad! You done good.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Nice job, Dad.

I tell my friends who aren't in to firearms, eventually a boy will try to shoot or swim, even if he doesn't know how. Then bad things happen.

Awesome way to spend time with your kid. I'm training my kid for his first 1/2 marathon and high school soccer tryouts.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10557 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Good job.

My oldest and I have been talking about introducing his oldest to the .22lr. Looks like your son is about the same age. Enjoy them, they grow up quickly.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Way to go Dave and son!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post