SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Discretion does not equal meekness anymore than stupidity equals bravery

But go on with your bad self. It’s easy to talk here. I expect you to advertise where you will be next July 2 with your AR. The NRA HQ might be a good idea. I will even run and grab a card from one of their lawyers for you while Fairfax county PD arrests you

quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Coming with you, where? Prison? No. That’s all you. You’re the one espousing openly admitting owning illegal items, not me.

quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
quote:
Great

Next July 2nd I will look for you standing in northern Virginia with your now illegal ar-15 telling people you aren’t hiding it because the law is unconstitutional. I commend you on your willingness to take one for the team and be the test subject for the law. After 5 years in prison, and $300k you spend in legal fees, we will all still be really proud of you as your case hasn’t made it anywhere yet just like the people who have been waiting now almost 7 years for the safe act to be repealed in new york

Meanwhile, those of us with families and jobs will be silently refusing to comply

You coming with me?

Loving this comment juxtaposed with your signature line LMAO

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
For anyone who ties this to a Trump referendum. It's importing of leftists and demographic change in the area. My local highschool is 80% plus Hispanic. When I attended 25 years ago it was 80% white and 95% English as first language speakers.

Minority growth in Northern Virginia to bring major changes to the region

I'm not sure what, if anything, can be done at this point...

Skins2881 already posted this... but if you didn't click on the link, you can read it here:

Minority growth in Northern Virginia to bring major changes to the region

There’s a demographic transformation taking place in Northern Virginia and it’s expected to continue.

The growth of racial minorities and foreign-born populations has increased over the past couple decades. According to the Northern Virginia Regional Commission in 2000, minority residents made up 34.6% of the population. That number has since grown to 49.4%.
(Courtesy Northern Virginia Regional Commission)

From 2000 to 2010, 88% of the people moving to the area were minorities. By 2018, it was 90%.

By the 2030s, the birthrate in Northern Virginia is expected to be offset by an increase in baby boomer deaths, which means the biggest contributor to population growth will be minorities.
(Courtesy Northern Virginia Regional Commission)

The majority of the region’s recent growth has occurred in Loudoun and Prince William counties as well as Manassas and Manassas Park and is expected to have a major impact on the services provided by the government and schools as the region plans for trends to continue.

The biggest drivers of the demographic shift include an increase in Asians and Hispanics, as well as the region’s economic dependency on the federal government job sector and federal contracting jobs.

According to the Census Bureau’s 2017 National Population Projections, nationwide, there will be a majority-minority population by 2045.

Northern Virginia has some of the highest foreign-born populations in the U.S.

Population growth peaked between 2000 and 2010 when it hit 42,000. It has slowed since then but the average annual gain since 2010 was 36,000.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is the shit we will have to fight

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/ar...88-b30500e2af8f.html

Virginia’s Green New Deal, unveiled

The goal of Virginia’s Green New Deal, then, is less to prevent climate change than to mitigate its impacts as much as possible by reforming society so that is more equitable and sustainable in the future

The Green New Deal Virginia legislative agenda highlights environmental measures, such as a ban on new fossil fuel infrastructure and requirements for utilities to invest in solar energy, as well as economic changes, including a repeal of the Commonwealth’s right-to-work law.

“The Green New Deal is not an environmental plan,” said Del. Sam Rasoul (D-11th), who leads the coalition in the Virginia General Assembly with Del. Elizabeth Guzman (D-31st). “…The Green New Deal is an intersectionality. It is where economic, social and environmental justice intersect.”

With 62 participating organizations from around the state that work on issues ranging from civil rights and grassroots politics to poverty and labor rights, the coalition represents a variety of perspectives in an effort to be inclusive and capitalize on its partners’ collective advocacy power.

Because they wanted to present a legislative agenda for the 2020 General Assembly session before the upcoming November elections, the coalition did not have time to delve into the “hard conversations” around issues like reparations for indigenous communities and the legacy of slavery that Green New Deal Virginia Coalition co-chair Lee Williams says she hoped to see.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia lawmaker jailed for teen sex scandal wins state Senate seat

https://wcyb.com/news/local/vi...dal-wins-senate-seat

A former Virginia lawmaker who made headlines after being accused of having sex with his teenage secretary has won a Senate seat.

Democrat Joe Morrissey won the senate seat for the 16th District in Tuesday night's election.

He faced off against Independent Waylin Ross and got more than 60 percent of the votes.

Morrissey was jailed four years ago after the sex scandal involving his secretary, who Morrissey later married. The couple now has three children.

He denied wrongdoing but entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, acknowledging that prosecutors had enough evidence for a conviction.

Morrissey lost a 2016 campaign to be Richmond’s mayor and had his law license revoked last year.

Morrissey launched a bid for a Richmond-area state Senate seat in April and won the Democratic primary in June.

He'll now represent parts of Richmond, Chesterfield County, Petersburg, Hopewell, Prince George County, and Dinwiddie County.

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should put NoVa back as part of DC, as it was originally.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Virginia lawmaker jailed for teen sex scandal wins state Senate seat

Well, not a surpise, since VA has a governor who is ok with murdering babies born alive. Man, we truly are living in a parallel universe, where everything that is wrong is right. I want to get back to my own universe.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"There is no candidate the Democrats can run that Virginia wont vote for"

I disagree

I won't go back and forth, after this post you can have the last word

In the 2016 Virginia election, Clinton got 1,871,473 votes

Donald Trump 1,769,443 votes

If we could have flipped 110,000 votes, Trump would have won VA (that is a flip of about 3%)

What has changed from 2016 ?

Clinton was expected to win
Trump was expected to lose
It was Donald Trump's first campaign

He will have almost 4 yrs as President
REP politicians were lukewarm to Trump in 2016

REPs know in 2020 the control of the U.S. House and Senate will rise or fall w Donald Trump

Warren is scaring off DEM business support
She may turn out to be a worse campaigner than Clinton

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All I am saying is that it is way too early to act like VA is a DEM lock in 2020. Even after the VA elections of 2017 and 2019.

If Northam goes full bore w gun control and green new deal, many people in VA may not be in a "DEM" mood come Nov 2020.

We are playing the "resistance" role here in blue VA, but there is still reason to keep fighting.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The Republican party in Virginia is a cluster fuck. Literally. They cluster together and fuck. That's all they are good for. Of 100 house races, 23 seats were held by Democrats and were completely uncontested. The was no Republican candidate.

Republicans in Virginia are diaper wearing thumb suckers who absolutely refuse to call out these scumbag Democrats. They are all Mitt Romney types who simply have no backbone to fight.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but gun laws may very well be lower on your list of priorities. I don't know the protocols of creating and passing laws in VA with the Dems holding the cards, hopefully not like CA.

When I finally left CA, gun laws were not in my top 5 reasons of leaving.

The dems ran on passing gun control day 1.

I realize that, but the point of my post is that guns will not be the only thing on the new government's agenda. Gun control is just the tip of the iceberg.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s all good. I’m not looking for the last word, I just don’t share your optimism. One of the mobilizing factors these last two elections has been Trump.

Where I voted for “anyone but Hillary” most Democrats are now “anyone but trump” which has expended to “Anyone not republican”

Lee Carter just won his second term. He is openly communist. He won because he had a “D” next to his name

The same is true up and down the commonwealth. Shit, Joe Morrissey is in the state senate now. He couldn’t win the mayor’s office in true blue Richmond, but now, with the “D” next to his name, he’s a star senator

Come 2020 the same people that came out in droves in 2017 and in droves in 2019 will be out to beat trump. The opposing candidate could be an overripe turnip and they will send their vote that way

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Governor Blackface was specifically asked about confiscation today...He said universal background checks, banning the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law were all top priority and 'common sense' they they (democrats) all agreed on. About confiscation, the Equal Rights Amendment and allowing cities to tear down Confederate monuments:

quote:
Asked whether he supports confiscating assault weapons from gun owners, Northam demurred.

“That’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” he said. “I’ll work with the gun violence activists, and we’ll work [on] that. I don’t have a definitive plan today.”

Northam said the legislature will take up the federal Equal Rights Amendment. If it passes, it would make Virginia the 38th and last state needed for ratification.

“It is a top priority,” Northam said about the ERA. “It’s one of those things that — a lot of those pieces of legislation — if we get it to the floor and let people vote, then it will become law.”

Regarding Confederate monuments, Northam said he’d support giving localities the authority to remove them. A 1904 state law bars the removal or alteration of public war memorials in Virginia. In Charlottesville, Confederate-heritage enthusiasts have relied on the preservation law to stop officials there from taking down two Confederate statues.

“My thoughts are, the localities are in the best position to make those decisions,” Northam said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...209e065a8_story.html

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's already started.

Not 24 hours after the GDC took control of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors, Phyllis Randall, the returning chairperson is calling for the creation of a county police department.

For those not in or around the area, Loudoun County has been served by a constitutionally elected Sheriff and his deputies. From a 16-man department 50 years ago to over 600 officers, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office has been serving the county with distinction and recognition.

But the Sheriff, who's a Republican, just won re-election. Sheriff Mike Chapman has over 40 years in law enforcement, and serves as a director on a number of related law enforcement organizations (e.g., current Vice President of Homeland Security for the Major County Sheriffs of
America (MCSA). So, what's the rub?

Plain and simple: The Loudoun County Sheriff is answerable to the people who elected him, and not to the Board of Supervisors, as are the police departments in neighboring counties. There, police chiefs are appointed and not elected, and thus are answerable to the board. Uh-huh.

So, since the Sheriff doesn't have to answer to the board, let's replace him and his large, efficient and well-regarded department with political appointees.

We're fucked.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Dear God, I'm glad I'm am old. It would really suck to be 20YO and to have to look at what's coming during the next half century. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
After Democratic legislative gains, Virginia governor vows new gun-control push

https://news.yahoo.com/democra...ly_mail&uh_test=1_02

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Every cloud has a silver lining. Ok VA will proceed asap with gun control measures. This will give plenty of proof that Trump can use to effectively demonstrate that the 2nd Amendment will be in serious danger if whoever is running against him should win.

It also could make the difference in other elections. Only proves that Beto's threats were far from empty.

VA residents need to stay and fight, not move to other states. That only ensures that the other side will have an easier time of it.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Cartoon: baby in crib with terrified wide eyes, thinking "Oh shit! No!! No!!"

Cartoon caption: Shugart discovers that the bullshit about reincarnation is true

Razz

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Every cloud has a silver lining. Ok VA will proceed asap with gun control measures. This will give plenty of proof that Trump can use to effectively demonstrate that the 2nd Amendment will be in serious danger if whoever is running against him should win.

It also could make the difference in other elections. Only proves that Beto's threats were far from empty.
Yup, they are the canaries.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the canary dies

Look on the bright side Virginia bro’s! We are soon to qualify for Q’s offer of a gun to people who escape enemy states!

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:

Yup, they are the canaries.

——————————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Look on the bright side Virginia bro’s! We are soon to qualify for Q’s offer of a gun to people who escape enemy states!
Q is gonna be outta guns soon!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post