SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    100% frivolous purchases.... what have you bought? No ridicule allowed.. personal update pg 6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100% frivolous purchases.... what have you bought? No ridicule allowed.. personal update pg 6 Login/Join 
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Maybe not my most frivolous purchase, but certainly my most recent!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turbo216,

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 588 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
^ Sexy.

Posts: 17273 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
This. I'll pick her up Monday and put her in the garage till Spring. I couldn't be happier...

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One could argue that once one's basic needs are met, everything else is frivolous.

Which means pretty much everything I buy non-basic is frivolous. 19 guitars, 11 firearms, 40 pocket knives, 6 laptop computers, 2 cars...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I totally just had a nerdgasm.

I totally forgot. It changes color easily as well. Just pick a color and go.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/FRrHhcIS3ug

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8047 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought motion activated LED Lights (illumibowl) that go in the toilet bowl and make it glow. Best 5 dollars I've ever spent on something i don't need.

Posts: 382 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
I bought motion activated LED Lights (illumibowl) that go in the toilet bowl and make it glow. Best 5 dollars I've ever spent on something i don't need.

They lie...its so you don't fall in! Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16286 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:

You should get the LED shower head to go with it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Since 1964 I have gone through 47 4-wheeled vehicles and 11 2-wheeled vehicles. Of all of those the one that was a 100% frivolous buy was my '06 Jeep SRT8.

Of the 5 4WD Jeeps I have owned this one was way off the reservation; unable to tow anything, off road driving voids factory warranty, runs on premium only, 20" fancy wheels w/very low profile tires, and 10-13 MPG tops!

But F.U.N. from a stop light! It was the winner of the stop light Grand Prix 95% of the time. The fun stopped when premium hit $4/gal. and the 13 MPG only happened on a level freeway, in cruise control @ 55 MPH. It had to go. So after 17 months and 7,349 miles I re-homed it to a buyer in Las Vegas. Later I found out it made it to London!.

ditch the Gloomis and get an edge rod you will thank me later, noting comes close and I had 12 g loomis rods all replace with edge.

Posts: 5610 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Lightsabers are awesome

Cant figure out why it wont post the image right side up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10733 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

What's the fish?

As referenced by rockchalk06 it's the logo for G Loomis fishing gear.

I just liked the graphic for the 'monster' Jeep.

I do too, it's very nice. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8379 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted Hide Post
First thing I bought on Ebay about 25 years ago was a six foot wooden Indian holding cigars. Forgot exactly what it cost but it was over $1000.00. The best dust catcher I own.

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I used to have about 20 different skateboards/longboards, each a different size and setup.

But I gifted and sold a bunch and now I'm down to a more sensible few (6).

And it's best we not get into Guitar Pedals... or my designer Chair fetish.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Watches, guns, and knives are my weaknesses.
The only problem I see is that you didn't include LED flashlights and Hobby Lobby 50% off clocks.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thayer:
First thing I bought on Ebay about 25 years ago was a six foot wooden Indian holding cigars. Forgot exactly what it cost but it was over $1000.00. The best dust catcher I own.

Very cool, I have always wanted one!!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBAR15:
quote:
Originally posted by Thayer:

Very cool, I have always wanted one!!

Too late now, now they are racist caricatures and have no place in the 21st century. Should have gotten yours 25 years ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20887 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the guy w/ the 355 Ferrari wins ... Smile

MDS

Posts: 387 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I suppose this qualifies. $10,300 for this Bob-Cat Predator Pro 37hp fuel injected zero turn to mow 5 acres. I could have gotten by with a used mower but this is what I wanted for my 62nd birthday. I'm 67 now and the mower is going strong with about 250 hours.

Posts: 4712 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
A cabin in Colorado.

It burned down.

Didn't have to go there every year and do nothing but work on it while there.

Will never buy a lake house, beach house or cabin in Colorado again.

CW

Posts: 3205 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I pair of Kittanica pants. Outrageous at $169.00. Never wore them.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20328 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post