SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    100% frivolous purchases.... what have you bought? No ridicule allowed.. personal update pg 6
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

100% frivolous purchases.... what have you bought? No ridicule allowed.. personal update pg 6 Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
[/url]

What time should I arrive at your house?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I bought a new car earlier this week. A 2018 Land Rover Discover HSE TD6 Diesel.

It's our 4th car. I still daily drive my Subaru.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I bought an unissued Smith 5906TSW that I didn’t need a few months ago. Paid too much for it too.

In fact every firearm purchase since my initial P228 purchase 20 years ago has been frivolous except maybe a couple of Glocks that I actually carry.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Wagyu:

I had the opportunity to try the very same piece of meat about a year ago....be warned that it is very very rich.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I bought an Interarms early 90's era Walther PPK/s.

I have absolutely zero use for it.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10940 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Chowser, what IS that?

A lightsaber

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25451 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Regarding the Wagyu:

I had the opportunity to try the very same piece of meat about a year ago....be warned that it is very very rich.

Costco had it on sale last year for $1099.99 shipped to your door 12lb A5 ribeye. I'd be afraid that I'd accidentally overcook it by 2F and be hovering over the oven! LOLOLOL

Let us know how it tastes, I've been tempted to order one but haven't.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually I spend money I don't have on guns. This week it was a watch. I've always admired the Omega Moonwatch. The one I bought is the smaller Speedmaster Reduced. I used the " you've always wanted one of those and you're not getting any younger " rationale.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Regarding the Wagyu:

Costco had it on sale last year for $1099.99 shipped to your door 12lb A5 ribeye. I'd be afraid that I'd accidentally overcook it by 2F and be hovering over the oven! LOLOLOL

Let us know how it tastes, I've been tempted to order one but haven't.

Here you go, it's on sale, under $1,000 now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20844 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post

This 14 year old moto that goes vroom.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
15 years ago I bought a pre-model 27 (1955) with a 3.5 inch barrel and original coke bottle grips.

I've never shot it, but I love the hell out of that thing.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm voting "phxtoad".
I picked up a "05" Repsol edition honda to get me to work when gas prices were high, but that has even more decals than mine and then some. Big Grin

Posts: 7378 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Watches, guns, and knives are my weaknesses.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I bought a pristine US Arms Abilene on pure impulse. I bought an acss acog that I have no host for yet. I bought some very scarce NAA 450 magnum express virgin brass.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Does an acre of swampland in Florida count?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

You should not post photos of lightsabers without showing they work. Turn that work of art on and show us what it looks like!

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Holy Wagyu, Batman! If I may be so rude as to inquire, ~$1,500-$2k?

$1044 after state tax shipped to my door basically overnight Japan.. Seattle.. Cali..my door.. was tracked. through Costco

I figured if it looked like USDA Prime when it got here I’d take to the local store and return (after a taste

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife would say the S2000, but I would disagree.
She would also say that about most of my guns, and I can’t really disagree.
Then there are the Festool....

Posts: 18090 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A $1,300 pair of cowboy boots. I love 'em though and wear them more than any other pair of shoes I own.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30433 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another, another, another, another, and another SIG Pistol (other than the P210, fill in the model to your liking).

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post