Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Kim Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
From the long ago days when I was the battalion CBR NCO, nukes can be used without downwind fallout. Air burst, in which the fireball does not touch the ground. Hence, no dirt, etc is picked into the fireball and become radioactive.

Used to plot the blast and fallout patterns when stationed in Frankfurt. Huge difference between ground burst and air burst.

Air burst over lil kim's nuke facilities would put them out of commission without fallout. Blast/shock and heat wave would do it.

Wouldn't the blast wave blow everything in the area into the air though, still resulting in fallout?

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
“The DPRK should cease any consideration of actions that would lead to the end of its regime and the destruction of its people.”

- Gen. James "Mad Dog Mattis

Thank goodness for President Trump and men like General Mattis!

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...tion-its-people.html

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is little use in discussing what sane rulers might do and then applying that logic to North Korea.

It is called the Hermit Kingdom for a reason. The Kim dynasty is firmly in control of the Army and government. The US state Department aided and abetted by several POTUS have convinced NK that they can get what they want through force. They are isolated enough to believe it.

I believe that with money, which NK has, they can buy guidance systems, weapons hardening and any other designs they need.

Defense intelligence now says NK may have 60 nukes, a couple of years ago NK was thought to not have any or any delivery system. Kim may believe he has to demonstrate by lobbing one into some US city. We simply don't know what is going on in his psychotic head.
Further, no POTUS can take a chance on the SOB.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Has any world leader OTHER than Kim Jong Un ever voiced in clear language an intent on launching nuclear weapons at another country? I know it has been heavily implied before, but has anyone actually said they would attack with nuclear missiles, even preemptively?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Remember China's Primier and Trump had a good time at Mar Largo. Dollars to Donuts, an unofficial aggrement was reached between the two.

This is unlikely because it would have been leaked by now. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sooo...PyAWngyang better be afraid Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/KJ_Online/...g-soft-on-n-korea%2F

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:Kim may believe he has to demonstrate by lobbing one into some US city. We simply don't know what is going on in his psychotic head.

Then what? He celebrates and his sycophant generals stand around and clap while they wait for the retaliatory strike that is certain to kill them? Does he seriously believe that actually nuking the US will get the sanctions lifted?

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by oldRoger:Kim may believe he has to demonstrate by lobbing one into some US city. We simply don't know what is going on in his psychotic head.

Then what? He celebrates and his sycophant generals stand around and clap while they wait for the retaliatory strike that is certain to kill them? Does he seriously believe that actually nuking the US will get the sanctions lifted?

Apparently he has forgotten his history. He should go back and look at what happened to the Japanese when they launched the 1941 version of a nuclear attack on the US and the eventual retaliation, then amp it up to modern times.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37966 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Everyone and there brother in law has thought of this, I'm sure including Kim and his people. Are we sure every time Kim's on a podium, it's really Kim. How many Kim-a-likes do you think he has on staff. Do we really have good enough intel in Pyongyang to make this work?

And what happens if we miss? I'm sure the first thing that happens is that Seoul gets an artillery bombardment the likes of which hasn't been seen since WWII. He'll just likely crawl into the deepest bunker he has (which is likely VERY deep) and spew everything in every direction (now including nukes.)

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Formulate a low cost, high probability of success mission to kill him.
Don't waste American lives to invade and occupy the shithole.
And then tell whoever replaces him, to play nice or its Deja Vu all over again.
Korea and Vietnam are great examples of how failing to totally and finally defeat an ememy haunts you forever.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ How would launching either an artillery strike on Seoul or a flurry of nukes help him? At that point there's no reason to not dump some serious munitions on his little head, and keep doing so no matter what the People's Republic of China says.

quote:
Sooo...PyAWngyang better be afraid Roll Eyes

Heh, heh, heh - I just got this picture in my head of Li'l Kim being yiffed to death (in the nicest possible way, I'm sure) by a horde of Canadian twentysomethings.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Everyone and there brother in law has thought of this, I'm sure including Kim and his people. Are we sure every time Kim's on a podium, it's really Kim. How many Kim-a-likes do you think he has on staff. Do we really have good enough intel in Pyongyang to make this work?

And what happens if we miss? I'm sure the first thing that happens is that Seoul gets an artillery bombardment the likes of which hasn't been seen since WWII. He'll just likely crawl into the deepest bunker he has (which is likely VERY deep) and spew everything in every direction (now including nukes.)

quote:
Korea and Vietnam are great examples of how failing to totally and finally defeat an ememy haunts you forever.

This uncertainty of permanently removing him from power requires it to be an inside job from one of his generals. The Chinese will make it known to one or two trusted generals that it will be OK to kill him and everyone will undertand what it means.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
This uncertainty of permanently removing him from power requires it to be an inside job from one of his generals. The Chinese will make it known to one or two trusted generals that it will be OK to kill him and everyone will undertand what it means.

I think that's how it will happen. There are probably quite a few generals who think he should go but don't dare be the one to set it up for fear of being betrayed and fed to the dogs.

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It is absolutely sickening how the US media is painting this as Trump's fault and North Korea is simply responding to his threat.

343 - Never Forget

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Well at least the good news is, Trump is in charge. Ego vs ego, I'll bet on Trump.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Look at the good news. His generals get to add 10 more goofy ass campaign medals to their uniforms.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This requires China to play along. They've been backing the Kims for 70 years. You think they're going to stop now just because we want them too?

Let's take this the next step. NK got up on both nuclear weapons and long range ballistic missile technology really quickly. Do you think this was all in house R&D? Do you think someone might be feeding them this technology?

Also, do you think Kim would be getting this frisky if he didn't think China had his back. In point of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing this at China's bidding. They may want the west asking for their help in suppressing NK. Maybe they'd do this in exchange for the west respecting their claims in the South and East China Seas, for one possible scenario.

quote:
quote:

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
This requires China to play along. They've been backing the Kims for 70 years. You think they're going to stop now just because we want them too?

quote:
quote:

quote:

The Chinese economy needs the US dollar to survive. They are not geared to any other economy like ours. What happens to the value of our debt that they hold if the value of the dollar drops? Their economy and people and their rich people will feel it.

That's the Chinese motive.

Posts: 4079 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, do you think Kim would be getting this frisky if he didn't think China had his back. In point of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't doing this at China's bidding.

Never underestimate the possibility that some hare-brained, egomaniacal little twit like Kim might actually expect that he can commit China by acting independently. The PRC's put up with so much crap over the years that the Kims may have mistakenly assumed that the PRC needs them in order to keep their buffer between China and the American troops in Korea.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this is where Putin could step up and announce any rogue deployment by any nation (meaning NK) against another nation will face equal retaliation from Russia.

He'll come up smelling like a rose and might win him a Nobel Peace Prize.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19665 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Unlikely. Putin's trying to displace China as N. Korea's best bud on the international scene - and trying to do it on the cheap.