SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Shop At ALDI Here? A Question
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Shop At ALDI Here? A Question Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

I have only been to Aldi’s once . . . I saw that it was not a store I would regularly shop at.
I do shop there regularly, but only for certain categories of food. Things in the dairy cooler, for example. Their "Not From Concentrate" orange juice is good, and maybe a buck less than other groceries. Eggs, half-and-half, similar. Butter for cooking (better butter at other stores for toast, etc., but more expensive). Can't beat the take-and-bake baguettes from the bread section.

All of the preceding is very fresh -- they run out of things and re-stock daily. Other side of that coin is that things are frequently out of stock, cashier asks "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

Reply, "Of course not, this is Aldi, not Publix."

Cashier asks what I couldn't find, I show her my list, she says, "Oh, we're out of stock on those items, but we will have them tomorrow." Problem is, I'm here today, not tomorrow.

I once heard Clark Howard state that he saves 40% on groceries by shopping at Aldi.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30727 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I will say that prices were definitely good. I just like going to one store for all that I need. That is part of why I don’t go to Costco much. I just don’t like going to multiple stores for certain things, but I really probably should to save money. I will check Aldi’s out again.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Blessed to have Meijer directly across street from Aldi and new Kroger 1/2 mile down. Aldi's dairy products are always less than a Kroger/Meijer sale price and quality is good. They carry a super premium only 5 ingredient vanilla ice cream that is my all time favorite.

Chili beans, black beans and diced tomatoes are favorites and about 40% less. I've been satisfied with all the canned goods I've bought. I'm trying to think of something to hate on Aldi for and come up empty.

They do get their chicken breasts from some big birds as they are huge but I've got sharp knives. I'll agree with 40% overall savings.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

They do get their chicken breasts from some big birds as they are huge but I've got sharp knives. I'll agree with 40% overall savings.

when I was new in the meat biz, back in 1981,
boneless skinless was not a thing yet,
and most whole birds, (frying hens,) were 2-1/2-3 lbs, with 3 being the big ones,

then Perdue came out with the roasting hen (We called them roosters) and the size war began,

it's hard to find a regular frying hen , or standard whole bird, that is 4lbs now, most are 6

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post