SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is The Key To Happiness?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Key To Happiness? Login/Join 
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
To me happiness comes from the ability to be grateful for what you have. I'm not saying that wanting and striving for more is bad, but without the ability to be grateful for what one already has the addition of more will never make one happy.

Also, I had a Master Chief Dirty Boat Guy who used to say that happiness is belt fed. Big Grin

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
For me, the pursuit of happiness is Freedom, Risk, and Opportunity.

I agree.

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him. It's a Zen saying which basically means that everyone has to find their own way.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is a mindset and how you perceive the things that life throws at you.

No matter what your age, wealth, or sex, life will always throw some bad and sometimes really bad things at you. It's how you perceive and work through these. You cannot know happiness, if you have never known sadness. You also can't worry about things you can't change. AND, if you can change them, do so, crying over them doesn't do jack. Eliminating worries in your life also helps bring more happiness (like getting rid of debt and not having to worry about how you're going to pay for everything).

Things are not happiness (aside from a few days), they are a distraction from sadness. The people you surround yourself with, bring happiness. Life is about all of those special moments and memories that you make.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
Your “One Thing”. Courtesy of Curly (Jack Palance) in City Slickers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1uOqRb0HU

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I think it's having someone in your life that accepts you, respects you, validates you, and makes you a better person.

So yeah, it's a dog.

That's some Sun Tzu level shit right there. Agree.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Or maybe Shih Tzu...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My happiness is all linked into these phrases. Happy Wife is a Happy Life. Or If Momma’s not Happy no one is Happy. It affects all aspects of happiness. Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What Is The Key To Happiness?

Being content

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon:
quote:
What Is The Key To Happiness?

Being content

^^^1,000%

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My immediate 'key' is warm flannel sheets in the winter...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Days like these are my keys.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post