SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is The Key To Happiness?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is The Key To Happiness? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I know neither the key nor happiness. I've had a relatively good life. But I can't say it's been a happy one. It hasn't been sad or angry either. I just wouldn't call it happy. Perhaps someday I'll find it and answer this poll.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I always thought it was to crush your enemies and see them driven before you? And of course to hear the lamentation of their women. Smile

Seriously though I go with God with a healthy dose of pesky free will throwing a monkey in the wrench.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is linked to attitude and gratitude.

Each of us individually has an ability to choose to be happy.

Granted there are people that can be jealous of your happiness and try to knock it down. Leftists and Liberals seem to fall in here.

I would not categorize myself as a “happy” person, rather I am a serious person with many happy times. Friends and success at whatever I am currently working on give me happiness.

Helping others in need is a source of happiness for me.

Having been blessed in so many ways, I find personal reward/happiness in “paying it forward”.

Part of the way I do this is by being the neighbor I would want to live next to.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mike_jackmin
posted Hide Post
I'll be the fourth to vote for gratitude.

Gratitude is the raw stuff from which happiness is made. It's impossible to be happy while feeling ungrateful.

I'll add that happiness is a consequence of one's attitude being properly adapted to one's reality.

Posts: 404 | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I've got a brand new pair of roller skates...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your “One Thing”. Courtesy of Curly (Jack Palance) in City Slickers.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes happiness is only realized on reflection. While in the middle of doing something that makes you happy you can be totally absorbed by the event. Afterward, thinking back about it you think “I was happy then”.

In my case I am a teacher and love teaching (shop). My time with the students in the classroom & shop are very happy memories. Especially rewarding was at the end of the semester reflecting on the growth of the students, how far they had come.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be grateful, do good for others even if it is just giving a smile. Take time, even if just a second, to see joy and beauty in your surroundings and life.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My daughter sent this video to me several years ago. I shared it at a Leadership Team meeting at work and most seemed to enjoy it as much as I did. Please take a few minutes and watch it

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
knowing your limitations
learning from your mistakes and utilizing that knowledge in the future.

and in my case
the love of a wonderful woman that
reminds me of my limitations and
my mistakes so I utilize that knowledge

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54648 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is not a goal, it is a by product.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comfortable shoes.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the pursuit of happiness is Freedom, Risk, and Opportunity.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2071 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesus:He is the key(source) to happiness and joy, plus Heaven.
Not being "religious" here, just honest and truthful. Good timing. It's Christmas also.
Merry Christmas!

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HERITAGE
posted Hide Post
Perspective. Gratitude. You can let the tough times forge you into who you are meant to be, or let then break you. It's your choice, and nobody else's. The tough times make the sweet moments that much sweeter. Do your best to lift up your loved ones and friends around you. Those acts will pay you immense dividends in happiness, sometimes when you least expect it, in ways that you can't anticipate.

Posts: 328 | Location: MI | Registered: November 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gratitude. Without a doubt, the people who have the highest overall life satisfaction, are those who practice gratitude. Find the things in life for which you are thankful, and you will find true, and lasting happiness.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
My dad's theory was that there were three things in life to make one happy; family, finances and professional life. His contention was having any 2 out of the 3 going well was happiness.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
-Knowing where your going to spend eternity and why

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post