SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost my Dad this week
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Dad this week Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You have my condolences Tara. Your tribute to your dad made me feel as though I knew him. God bless you.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences.

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Your Dad and Family will be in prayers this evening. John.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Sounds like a great man. May your father now have the peace he has earned.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It seems you had a wonderful, understanding relationship with your dad. That says a lot about both of you...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. My father died this summer, and it is a very hard thing.

Looks like a great dad and good man.

My best to you, and peace.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
This really sucks. I lost my dad 9 years ago. I still miss him. I can't give you any advice, but the sting will ease up on you over time.

Remember the good, the bad, and all in between. This is what has helped shaped you and the others that knew him.

Be strong and live well~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Glad you were close. Cherish those memories.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry! My condolences to you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38680 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss. I lost both of my parents 15 or so years ago when I was in my early 30's. It is a hard thing to go through, but you will make it through this. There are still moments when I want to call and ask them something, but quickly realize that I can't. Just lean on your your memories of your dad, and lean on your friends and family to help get over the rough patches.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for you and for your father.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so very sorry for your loss.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences on your dad's passing. I can understand his readiness at the end. My dad died in 1984 after 11 years of declining health following massive strokes. It was very hard to watch his condition worsening over those years, because he'd been a very vital, active man. I'm sure you have been through similar feelings.

Try to remember the good years and the wonderful times you had together. It will help--I know. My prayers are with you and your family.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My condolences and thank you for sharing him with us. May your memories be blessed.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing his story with us. There’s a special bond that sometimes exists between fathers and daughters and you two had it. He seemed like a great dad and a powerful influence and stability in your life. No doubt, you made him proud and you were the apple of his eye.

He seemed like a very honorable man and a great example for others.

GOD bless.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my Dad on March 20, 1995. I still think of him every day. Now I think of the good times rather that the end. I'm sure you well. I am sure he is proud of the person you have become. Take care,

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, Tara.

You two had a wonderful relationship, from what I read in your post.

May your father rest in peace and may you find solace knowing he can finally rest.

Hold on to the memories that give you strength and happiness.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
My condolences. That you are well liked and respected on this esteemed forum speaks volumes not just about you, but for your beloved father in raising you into the person you are today.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. The pain will never leave but I hope it becomes bearable for you.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, all our prayers, cherish the memories.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss

Posts: 189 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post