SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lost my Dad this week
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Dad this week Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m terribly sorry.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted November 13, 2019 11:31 PM
He was a single father who did the best he could to raise me

That’s all that needed to be said.

My sincere condolences to you.

(It sucks... My Father died a few years back. The one thing I found was, after I got over reaching for the phone, I still “talked” to him... it’s strange when he listens.)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8349 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I offer my condolences.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad, Tara.
My son also got me into firearms, but my Dad did try to get me into deer hunting.
I still miss him, even after 43 years.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I’m very sorry for your loss. Sounds he was a great dad. May he Rest In Peace.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear the bad news.
Sounds like you Dad was a hell of a man. Prayers will be sent to the Big Guy upstairs for you.

You done good Pard, you raised a good daughter.
Rest In Peace.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My condolences, may your Dad RIP.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in April 2016 to a stroke.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You are in my prayers for strength and peace with the loss of your dad...I lost my dad in 2016 and I still think about him daily.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh my, I'm sorry, please accept my condolences, and May God Bless.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Condolences and my prayers for all.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. Will be praying for strength and comfort for you.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Please accept my condolences. Great pictures of a great man, Thank you for posting those. Tom

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My condolences, very sorry for your loss.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, Tara. I lost my Dad in March of 2017, and there are times when I think of the things he and I used to do together (mostly golf). You'll have great memories to give you comfort.

Posts: 4500 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Tara. God bless.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12778 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for the loss of your father. Sounds like he was a fighter and squeezed every last drop of life with you that he could.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post