SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021 Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Make sure you're WALKING!!! ...
I’m not have trouble with walking our stairs. I can feel a tightness but it’s tolerable. I’ll keep going.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just follow your doctor’s instructions. I recently had an outpatient procedure done. Kinda struggled early on making any progress. The dr. told me it took me awhile to get to the pre-surgery condition and it would take me awhile to get out of it. Made sense after I thought about it.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:... I dropped a glass bowl and shattered it into the salad. Frown

Strain it through panty hose!

No, wait. That's for broken booze bottles...

Sux when your down and things like that happen, like a kick in th... nevermind.

Speedy recovery.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Pro tip - Don't let your kids kick you in the groin. He says from experience.

To my daughter's credit, she was only about 8 months old, so it wasn't deliberate. I just didn't pick her up quickly enough.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12799 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was kind of rough, especially getting up from laying down. Today is much more tolerable.

I took the covering off of the incision today, as instructed. Unfortunately, much of the glue was stuck to the medicated pad and got ripped out. Fortunately, it only seeped for about 1 minute. The amount of blood was negligible.

Basically, I’m progressing much like the last hernia operation in 2012. I should be up and about by next week.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good news! If progressing the same, hopefully you know exactly what to expect. Heal well!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20851 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming this was inguinal? Ouch, amigo....

Glad you're on the mend, keep at it! Do they recommend hot or cold (or alternating) packs to help, or is that just torture?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I'm assuming this was inguinal? Ouch, amigo....

Glad you're on the mend, keep at it! Do they recommend hot or cold (or alternating) packs to help, or is that just torture?
Yes, inguinal. The left side this time. Cold helps a lot. The doc has me in 1g of Tylenol every 6 hours. Seems to help. You know what didn’t help? A huge sneeze this morning. Holy moly, I could have done without that happening.

I’ll be fine. Smile

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Today feels like a regular day. No issues, no pain, no complaints (the bill hasn’t arrived yet).

I have a feeling that if I weren’t off work that I’d make an attempt to go back by now.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re feeling good. Keep resting, though. It was hard for me to do, too. When I felt good I wanted to do stuff. My second surgery I made myself keep resting and I’m glad I did. I hope you continue to heal well.

Posts: 3448 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
It's been almost 4 weeks since the surgery. The doctor says 2 more weeks of light duty. No lifting anything over 10 lbs. I feel he's being a little bit overprotective and, quite frankly, I'm going a little nuts just sitting around and not doing much. I'm also gaining weight from inactivity.

I'm ready to do some stuff around here. Frown

Oh, the bill came in. Right at $3500.

posted Hide Post
Praying for you Mark, I fear I'm going to go through this when pushing mine back in isn't working

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Praying for you Mark, I fear I'm going to go through this when pushing mine back in isn't working
Thanks, brother. How long have you been dealing with yours?