SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021 Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Glad it went well. Take care.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12762 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good deal buddy. Sleep and rest. Some good nutrition too.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19256 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Great to hear Mark ... !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for a full and quick recovery for you!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Everything tastes really intense. Is that normal?

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you have in your mouth???

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it went well. Follow the doctor's orders and don't stress the wound.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the serious side, anesthesia can cause this. Gustofer will know for sure.

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Chicken with bbq sauce and a Lemon pop. I'm not complaining. I'm a fan of flavor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mark123,

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Oh my ... this sounds so wrong. Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Now take it easy for as long as you are supposed to! Pushing things too soon is a huge no no.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My biggest challenge so far is trying to not think of funny things. Why do they pop into my head now. For instance, I ate some gouda and the flavor was strong and the word pungent came to mind and made me think of Michael Scott and Phyllis Vance fart scene. Big Grin

Ugh! Ouch! LOL

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I just found out that a possible side-effect of the pain pill is farting. LOL Big Grin ouch. Apparently fart jokes are the most painful.

posted Hide Post
The Vicodin posts are starting.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
The Vicodin posts are starting.
No Vicodin. I got it last time and it did nothing other than give me wild dreams and a pounding headache. This time is oxycodone which also has no effect other than sleeplessness and body aches. My elbows, legs and hips are achy and I got exactly 0 minutes of sleep tonight. I’m done with that crap.

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I hope you are not in pain or that it is manageable.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Make sure you're WALKING!!!

I stayed at my brother's the first week after I had my (day) hernia surgery. I'd watch TV and when commercials came on, I'd walk "laps" around the couch. I should note my scrotum was enlarged to the size of a big orange. Not the friggin' "Cuties". I'm talking a massive, honkin' Florida orange juice oversized orange!!! I was waddling like a pregnant goose...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Too much detail! ^^^^^^^

Posts: 11866 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
No Vicodin. I got it last time and it did nothing other than give me wild dreams and a pounding headache. This time is oxycodone which also has no effect other than sleeplessness and body aches.

The only pain killer that's ever worked on me has been Percocet (oxycodone/paracetamol). That has the side-effect of knocking me right out, too.

I had serious tooth pain a couple months back. Of course it started late Friday, after the dentist's office was closed. I had some oxycodone left over from my knee surgery. Dentist prescribed antibiotics. So oxy + antibiotics.

The oxy didn't touch the pain. You know what did? Alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen every three hours. (Recommended by dentist when I told her the oxy wasn't doing diddly.) Started with 800mg ibuprofen (also left over from knee surgery) and 1000mg acetaminophen. As the pain subsided I started halving the doses.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Finally slept. Woke up hungry. Wife made a large bowls of salad that i could eat over this week's while she's at work. I dropped a glass bowl and shattered it into the salad. Frown