SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hernia surgery tomorrow 12/17/2021 Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Everything is scheduled and I go under the knife at 11am. I imagine I’ll be out by 12:30. Prayers, thoughts, texts and emails gladly accepted. I’ll let you all know when I’m back home.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good luck sir!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20851 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Well that is great news Mark. Should fix you right up, good as new Wink .
Prayer for everything going well and your recovery is full and with out any complications. Best of luck brother.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Heal up quick, Mark.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If it's open surgery and you still work, don't even THINK about going back for a MINIMUM of 5-6 weeks. Laparoscopic...meh...no big deal.

Hydrocodone is your friend!!!! Big Grin You'll do great!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
If it's open surgery and you still work, don't even THINK about going back for a MINIMUM of 5-6 weeks. Laparoscopic...meh...no big deal.

Hydrocodone is your friend!!!! Big Grin You'll do great!!!

The doctor decided on open surgery. I think it’s because the other side was open surgery back in 2012. I’m basically off work until March. He said the same 6 weeks. After my last hernia surgery I was up and about in no time. They gave me Vicodin then but all it did was give me a raging headache and wild dreams.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, Mark!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Great thoughts to you.

I just had open double hernia surgery in early November. I has laparoscopic July before last.

Open was definitely more difficult recovery for me. But, all is well now.

Good luck. You’ll be fine.

Posts: 3448 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Doing hernias is a staple in my career. I wish you the best of luck and if you want to, slip the words TAP block into the anesthesiologists ear. Its not too common but you will be pain free for days.

Posts: 1996 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Easy peasy, right Mark?

Posts: 13310 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my last open inguinal on an epidural. Out of the hospital 30 minutes post-op.

You'll be fine - just make sure you sure you get mobile the following day. Short walks to start. Sitting idle makes the recovery mush worse than it needs to be.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying you you and your surgeon.

Also looking for some Vicodin induced posts here.

Posts: 1079 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Hope and wishs for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 13683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, Mark.

Posts: 12939 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you Mark

Posts: 11868 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, prayers for the surgery and recovery to go well.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Best of luck! You'll do fine.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
You should do well. I had one done last May. Just follow the orders for taking it easy.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m home and feel ok. I’m going to relax.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Excellent, rest up, don't push it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20851 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post