SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Bravo

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_kJ3oy60RhU" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

You guys love this man, don't you? How can you not love this guy? Here you have a Moslem calling a spade a spade (a shithole a shithole, if you will), calling out the fruits of radical Islam for what they are, and pointing to facts while refusing to be politically correct.

Oh, you may say, he isn't really a Moslem. He hasn't been active in his "church" in years.

Ah, but if a Catholic quits going to church, is he no longer a Christian? The fact of the matter is that Raheem Kassam is a Moslem. And he thinks and acts and has values just like a conservative American.

My life path has had me rub elbows with a lot of Moslems for long periods of time. MOST, the vast majority of those I know, have an outlook very much like the one projected in this video by Raheem Kassam. They are amazed by the stupidity of the American left, and they are highly motivated to put an end to Wahibi bullshit and radical Islam in general.

Yeah, there are lots and lots and lots of bad Moslems; maybe even a majority of them, certainly a majority if you lump those who are apathetic in with those who are radical.

But the fact remains that there are also a lot of "good" Moslems, Moslems that see radical Islam for what it is, and who are willing to fight against that radicalism. Those guys almost never get any press. Yet they quietly do their duty alongside our soldiers in-theater, and here at home in the west, and like Kassam has done in this interview.

The proof of a man's worth isn't found in what his God's name is. It's in his actions.

Yeah, I love this guy.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Conservative Treehouse site acknowledges the DiGenova video (and posts it)

https://theconservativetreehou...ruption/#more-144829

Former federal prosecutor Joe diGenova outlines the majority of the events behind the unlawful surveillance of Donald Trump and each of the participating members within the FBI and DOJ corruption.

Mr. diGenova has a solid grasp on the players and how they are enmeshed within the entire operation.

DiGenova also shares how NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers, Chairman Devin Nunes and ODNI Dan Coats began to confront the unlawful behavior and position the entire Justice Department for a complete generational reset. This discussion is like the Big Ugly audio book. [ Hi Joe – Great Job! ]

also an intriguing possibility mentioned (need to emphasize just a possibility) that the Nunes 4 page memo could be released before the 30 Jan State of the Union speech.

Now that would be something if President Trump addressed it on national tv. That's too good an idea to even hope for.

I share your hopes, but don’t get too carried away. Joe is a heavy hitter, for sure, but I recall some of his media appearances in the e-mail probe, how he understood grand juries were impanelled, etc. I don’t know if he was hoping, or misunderstood what I heard or what but I was surprised and disappointed by his assurances that were off the mark.

As far as release of the memo, in one of the posts we have made, there was a report that the committee Republicans are seriously split over whether to release or not. The committee is 22 to 13 and a majority is needed.

One of the votes against is NY Congressman who is always on Fox, Peter King, who worries about disclosing sources and methods. C’mon, man!

Refer back to my post yesterday late morning for the details.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I can't remember details but do have some recollection that DiGenova made assurances that missed the mark during the email probe.

Perhaps he, like many of us, assumed the FBI would act in a manner that resembled the normal conduct of an investigation into the improper handling of TS/SCI/SAP material.

He probably expected something w the intensity of the Mueller investigation, but with integrity.

Nunes work, which has been great, is almost worthless if it doesn't get to the American people. All of this could have a huge impact on 2018 elections.

adding: A very positive thing about the video is that while DiGenova does a nice delivery, most (all ?) of his material has been substantiated in other material & sources. e.g. FBI text messages, removal of Strzok, Baker, Ohr, retirement of McCabe, Simpson testimony, Perkins Coie ltr, continued analysis & critique of the dossier, The TS FISC report, etc.

We are way beyond speculation. My primary goal is not prosecution of the guilty; the most important thing is to get the truth of what happened to the voters. Anything else is gravy.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The FBI has not been permitted to see the memo Rep. Devin Nunes and his staff wrote about alleged abuses by the intelligence community, The Daily Beast has learned.

“The FBI has requested to receive a copy of the memo in order to evaluate the information and take appropriate steps if necessary. To date, the request has been declined,” said Andrew Ames, a spokesperson for the FBI.

Reached for comment, Nunes spokesperson Jack Langer said, “The Daily Beast has become America’s foremost publication for regurgitating the Democrats’ talking points.”

Nunes, who heads the powerful House Intelligence panel, put together the four-page memo based on intelligence the FBI showed him and a few of his staff, as well as Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the committee. More than 150 members of the House have seen Nunes’ memo. Scores are calling for its release, while Democrats say it is “a misleading set of talking points attacking the FBI.”

The fact that Republicans refuse to show the memo to FBI, which characterizes the intelligence they shared with Nunes, has Democrats concerned. One Senate aide told The Daily Beast it means Nunes’ efforts are just politics.

“If this is about FBI abuses, why wouldn’t they share it with the Trump-appointed director who wasn’t at the bureau when the abuses supposedly occurred?” the aide said. “If this is about cleaning up the FBI like they claim, wouldn’t they want Wray as an ally?”

That aide added that making the memo public without letting the FBI see it first could exacerbate tensions between the Hill and the bureau, and that it could make it even less cooperative with congressional requests and subpoenas.

Republicans, meanwhile, say the bureau shouldn’t expect any surprises.

“Sessions, Wray, and Rosenstein testified before the Judiciary Committee,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz, one of the most vocal advocates for releasing the memo. “I’ve read the memo. Nothing contained in it will surprise them. But it has surprised and horrified many of us.”

As the government shutdown rolls on, many Hill Republicans are pushing for the memo’s release. A leadership source told The Daily Beast yesterday that its release was “only a matter of time.” And there’s a significant—though not unanimous—appetite in the House Republican conference for its release.

The House Intelligence Committee decided against letting Democrats release a minority report characterizing the intelligence underlying the memo.

The memo’s release would provide fuel to Republicans’ criticism of Robert Mueller’s investigation into connections between Trump’s allies and the Kremlin. Ret. Gen. Michael Flynn’s son, Michael Flynn Jr., has been one of the most vocal advocates for its publication. Gen. Flynn is cooperating with the Mueller probe, and has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They seem nervous.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
What would you think about putting this DOJ/Nunes memo topic in a separate thread from this more general one about all things Trump?

Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
Just thought to add my two cents:
I was at the local club last night and had a table next to about six Trump Haters. Loud on Trump bashing, but, in low tones, giggling about how they were just killing the stock market!

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
They seem nervous.

I say up the heat to 11 and hope one or more panics.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
They seem nervous.

They seem a bit skittish. --- Riddick

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
They seem nervous.

They seem a bit skittish. --- Riddick

Good one . Cool

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One of the things I find most disgusting is the effort the DOJ and FBI are putting into fighting the House investigation and congressional oversight.

I don't know how Wray ended up on Trump's short list for director, but the fact that he was confirmed with over 90 votes tells me not to trust him. Anytime both sides like someone usually meants they are not to be trusted.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bravo

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_kJ3oy60RhU" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Jolly good show!

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another factor to consider in the release of the 4 page memo,

from the Nunes ltr to Rosenstein on 4 Jan 2018,

Nunes may want to have these interviews before the release

I wonder if any of those interviews have occurred ?

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
another factor to consider in the release of the 4 page memo,

Nunes may want to have these interviews before the release

I wonder if any of those interviews have occurred ?

It may well be because of those interviews we are still waiting. Once completed, I hope that we get to see the document so we can start asking questions and holding people accountable. On the other hand though: wouldn't it be funny to see the memo leaked to OAN, Fox News or any of the other Conservative media outlets? Give the Dems a taste of their own medicine Wink

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well we’re all a bunch of knuckle dragging cavemen you know.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I read something yesterday about them needing "19 working days" or something before they vote to release or not and that will take them into mid-March. Good grief 19 working days on my calendar takes me into early February. These traitors should only get paid for days they actually show up on the hill, and not a penny more.

It better get released, and any republican who votes "no" needs to be defeated in their next election. They obviously can't serve the constitution and the law. If it doesn't I do hope it gets "leaked". I want to see democrats vigorously condemn "leakers" just to show their hypocrisy (once again) to the American people.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Dopes that we are, we'd read the memo--sounding out the words-- and think it shows just how totally corrupt the FBI became under Obama, how they acted as a political arm of the Hillary campaign, and set out to destroy Donald Trump. ACTUALLY what the memo says is that Comey is a straight-shooter, and Hillary was a victim of sexism. But we'd never get that out of it. Too stoopit. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When I read the memo, my lips will be moving. Razz