SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
and i shall be keeping place with my finger !

Hee-Yuck ! ! ! Razz

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
One of the things I find most disgusting is the effort the DOJ and FBI are putting into fighting the House investigation and congressional oversight.

I don't know how Wray ended up on Trump's short list for director, but the fact that he was confirmed with over 90 votes tells me not to trust him. Anytime both sides like someone usually meants they are not to be trusted.

Sessions was 52-47, IIRC.

You can trust him!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a bit of rambling, but this was on my mind

I woke up this morning thinking about 5 July 2016 and Comey and Steele. Sometimes your brain seems to process things while you sleep.

So after some searching around on the net to refresh memory, here are some observations.

A little earlier on 1 July 2016,
Ms. Lynch said she had decided this spring to defer to the recommendations of her staff and the F.B.I. because her status as a political appointee sitting in judgment on a politically charged case would raise questions of a conflict of interest

video at

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/0...on-email-server.html

watch this slimy sleeze bag

then 5 July 2016,

Comey briefs congress about the Clinton email investigation (or “matter” as Lynch would say). For about 98% of his speech, it sounded like he was building up to recommend charges, then “No reasonable prosecutor …”

Everyone across the country was thinking WTF ?

While Comey is briefing that Tuesday, Barack Obama is flying with Hillary Clinton on Air Force One to make his 2016 debut on the campaign trail.

Can anyone, even a hardcore DEM, believe that obama would be campaigning w Clinton when the FBI Director might recommend charges ?

Glenn Simpson (Fusion GPS) testimony to congress:

Q: When did Christopher Steele first brief the FBI about the dossier ?

Simpson: “I think it was probably right after the 4th of July”

That would be July 2016

Simpson testifies that Steele did not tell him who in the FBI that Steele briefed.

Q: Did Steele tell the FBI about Fusion ?
Simpson: “I don’t know, but probably”

Q: Did the FBI ever reach out to Fusion about the Steele matters?
Simpson: No

So the FBI ran w the dossier material, briefed obama, much later briefed Donald Trump, very likely used it to get FISA warrants against Trump campaign personnel, but never talked to Fusion GPS who paid Steele for the dossier.

Did the FBI ever ask Steele why he did this “research” ? Did Steele not tell the FBI he was doing opposition research ?

Think back to the atmosphere in early July 2016. The Republican Convention was coming up on 18 July 2016.

Bill Kristol, the Bush family, John Kasich, and most of the Republican establishment were trying to keep Donald Trump from being nominated. Almost no one wanted to speak at the convention. No Romney, No McCain. Delegates were threatening to not vote for Donald Trump even if their state voters had voted for him in the primary elections.

Now fast forward to today.

I tried to read the Top Secret FISC document of April 2017 that DNI Coats released. It is hard because of the redactions and also because it is full of court “speak” that is the special lingo of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. But it is clear that the court is bothered about the FBI. One of the report conclusions is

“provide the results of the government’s investigation of whether there have been additional cases in which the FBI improperly afforded non-FBI personnel access to raw FISA-acquired information on FBI systems”

Mueller must be feeling some heat himself. With all the stuff that is coming out almost daily about the FBI and DoJ, what would happen if Mueller tries to indict Donald Trump? For anything.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I suggest you concentrate on pages 83-86, “Improper Disclosures of Raw Information,” where the court discusses disclosure of raw information to blocked entities and personnel, agencies and sub-contractors, unnamed or redacted.

Once it is known what this was, the sweater will unravel.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
excellent advice. thanks

Here are the pages JALLEN identified.

Para: If this is too much detail for this thread, pls let me know and I will delete

I was thinking it might help all of us understand Nunes 4 pager

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
oh boy. this is good

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01...oining-mueller-team/

19 May 2017 text Strzok to Page about joining Mueller team:

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big there there.”

The FBI’s top agent on the Trump-Russia investigation sent a text message last year that one top Republican senator says suggests he saw no evidence of Trump campaign collusion.

The text message, which was sent by Peter Strzok, is “jaw-dropping,” Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, said in a radio interview on Tuesday.

In an interview with WISN-Milwaukee radio host Jay Weber, Johnson read aloud a May 19, 2017 text that Strzok sent to Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer and his mistress.

Johnson said that the text referred to the Mueller investigation, which had kicked off two days earlier. Strzok joined that team, but was removed in July after the Justice Department’s inspector general discovered his anti-Trump text exchanges with Page.

As the FBI’s deputy counterintelligence chief, Strzok was picked in July 2016 to oversee the investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with the Russian government. Prior to that, he was a top investigator on the Clinton email inquiry.

“I think that’s kind of jaw-dropping,” said Johnson, a Republican, said of the Strzok text.

“In other words, Peter Strzok, who was the FBI deputy assistant director of the counterintelligence division, the man who had a plan to do something because he just couldn’t abide Donald Trump being president, is saying that his gut sense is that there’s no big there there when it comes to the Mueller special counsel investigation,” he said.

adding:

http://thehill.com/homenews/se...removed-from-mueller

The newly released messages were sent two days after special counsel Robert Mueller was appointed to investigate possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Strzok, who was having an affair with Page, tells Page in the newly released text messages that he’s torn about whether to join Mueller’s team or take his career in another direction. He refers to it as “maybe the most important case of our lives.”

Page, however, said multiple times she didn’t think Strzok should join the investigation.

“You shouldn’t take this on. I promise you, I would tell you if you should,” she wrote.

Strzok later said he feels he has “a sense of unfinished business."

“Now I need to fix and finish it," he wrote.

However, Strzok expressed skepticism about whether the case would uncover any wrongdoing.

“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern there’s no big there,” Strzok wrote.

going to be some interesting interviews if Nunes gets Strzok and Page to the House Intel Comm

What are the chances that they will show ?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They need to stop saying "jaw-dropping". Next thing they'll say is "Find out how to read the FISA memo using this one weird trick"

"You won't believe how the FISA memo looks now!"

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I dunno. Thought it was rather ‘stunning’ myself..... Roll Eyes

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
"Democrats hate Republicans for this one strange reason..."

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The grey Ketteh's latest take on all the latest stuff going on Big Grin...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/FbAlC4_-wmo

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
WMAL Interview - JOE DIGENOVA - 01.22.18

For those of you not in the DC area. Joe Digenova is featured on WMAL, our conservative radio station every Monday morning starting at 7:06EST. WMAL is also online for those of you not in the area. Joe is very informative, down to earth, knows the law, and is like a pit bull dog in relating the injustices of the Obama administration, how it relates to the Trump presidency just like in the video. Worth a listen.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big threat there.”

Suspected autocorrect fix put in place.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Sarge1998
posted Hide Post
I am 100% thankful that this man is doing what I think is right and showing the world what corruption exists in our government. This man is no one's lap dog!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Posts: 440 | Location: Illinois | Registered: May 11, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ait-19-days-n2438338

Colleague Catherine Herridge rpts source close to Hse Intel Cmte says GOP mbrs now favor publishing FISA abuse memo, based on feedback from mbrs. Say next week is a possibility.

tweet from Chad Pergram

we will eventually find out, but I don't think these boys are bluffing.

Now it might not be so hard hitting to us because we have been talking about really ugly FBI/DoJ corruption for a long time.

A majority of the 22-member Intel panel would have to approve the release of the memo. Thirteen members of the committee are Republican.

So Nunes will need 12 of the 13 to agree to release.

House Intel Comm Republicans:

Devin Nunes, Chairman (CA)
Mike Conaway (TX)
Peter King (NY)
Frank LoBiondo (NJ)
Tom Rooney (FL)
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL)
Michael Turner (OH)
Brad Wenstrup (OH)
Chris Stewart (UT)
Rick Crawford (AR)
Trey Gowdy (SC)
Elise Stefanik (NY)
Will Hurd (TX)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Where is Hillary? Really, has anybody seen anything of her in the past few weeks? There was that women's march... no Hillary, not even making a statement to the press. She was everywhere, on tv every night. Lately? Not a trace.... That's kind of... odd, no? Cool

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“You and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I’d be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern that there’s no big threat there.”

Suspected autocorrect fix put in place.

You've never heard the phrase, "there's no there there"?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
I admit to being on record as anti-Trump. Still hold he's a crass, duplicitous individual, but he's winning me over.

Let Year II be another year where a crass, duplicitous politician is what is needed in the Republic, with a bit more Constitutional bent and 2A flavor.

*ETA spelling errors

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer....ives/article/2646843

above report provides some of the new Strzok/Page texts. The date is 19 May 2017.

James Comey was fired 9 May 2017. Andrew McCabe is acting Director of FBI

The article provides some interpretation of what the two are discussing. I will add some of my thoughts.

Here are the texts

this is my interpretation so take it for what it is worth

INBOX = Strzok , OUTBOX = Page

Strzok was DAD = Deputy Assistant Director of the Counterintelligence Division

he starts off thinking about becoming sac = special agent in charge then AD = Assistant Director

then he thinks about the Mueller team,
a case in the history books

Page says "I don't think you should do it" (go on Mueller team)

Strzok responds that he is trying to get Page to join the Mueller team

Page says why do they need me ? They have "Aaron". Aaron Zebley is on the Mueller team

they are pretty high on themselves

Page says someone told her she was the second smartest lawyer besides comey

Strzok tells her she sees the future

Strzok says "I personally have a sense of unfinished business. I unleashed it with MYE . Now I need to fix it and finish it"

MYE = Mid Year Exam is the code word for the Clinton email investigation

Page says "You shouldn't take this on" (the Mueller team)

Strzok says "Why not, re me?"

"one more AD like ..." " An investigation leading up impeachment "

"with D gone" (Comey) "and Andy leaving"
"Who says I get another promotion from DAD"

Strzok views the Mueller team as a promotion opportunity

DAD = Deputy Assistant Director

Page says what Strzok decides will influence her because they can't work closely on another case again

Strzok says they are a good team

Strzok says he will "wait to see what happens w sac wfo. I'm not expecting to get it"

sac wfo = special agent in charge Washington Field Office

Strzok says "you and I both know the odds are nothing. If I thought it was likely, I'd be there no question. I hesitate in part because of my gut sense and concern there's no there there" (re Mueller investigation)

Strzok says regardless of outcome, there is a business savvy decision for Page to join Mueller team. 600k/year doing white hat corp investigations isn't a bad exit strategy

Page asks if "C) is going tomorrow" that is the sac wfo selection

Strzok says "yep. is Andy going to the board?"

"I suppose he can't"

D = FBI Director

pretty fucking cold blooded. This was a "best career decision" for Strzok as he talked about impeaching the President of the U.S.

Pls remember everything immediately above is just my interpretation. You can compare to the actual texts and draw your own conclusions