SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
quote:
The thing that surprises me most is that some people think stuff like this hasn't always gone on, by all sides.

It is amazing to me as well. The US government and many other "parties" have meddled in elections of all sorts for as long as such things have existed. If "meddling" in an election is a crime, we would need to jail or hang every politician, foundation board member and "special interest" lobbyist on the planet. Hum....

I still don't understand the difference between this and http://thehill.com/policy/inte...larger-than-reported

There is no difference as far as I can tell.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Another prime bimbo Playboy model is hinting about the affair she can't talk about. Pretty good pics on Zero Hedge.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...9-month-affair-trump

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So...a billionaire may have dated (or had an affair with) a Playboy model?

They are so out of touch with why Trump got elected and what voters care about.

Ironically, if he raped someone the voters would care and yet when their icon was accused of it....crickets.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd just as soon that we live the silly tabloid stuff out of this thread, guys.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm sure we all remember this. Almost 3 years ago to the day this appeared in the Jerusalem Post. Obama didn't even try to hide it. The Russians are bunch of rookie amateurs.

quote:
The Obama presidential election team has set up camp in Tel Aviv with the mission to defeat Netanyahu in our upcoming election.

The “Anyone but Bibi” mission is headed by Jeremy Bird, Obama’s National Field Director in his successful presidential campaigns.

Under Bird, a group called “Victory 15” has been set up. It has recruited the young activists from Israel’s 2013 social protest movement and will man a massive social network and personal contact campaign to defeat Bibi. V15 is financed by an NGO called “One Voice” whose motto is to be “the voice of mainstream Israelis and Palestinians.” Research finds that One Voice is funded by John Kerry’s State Department.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sanctimonious hypocrites.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
There's been a new filing in the Flynn case.

https://threadreaderapp.com/th...602994938535946.html

New filing by Judge Sullivan in the Flynn case has been brought to my attention.

I want to draw special attention to THIS footnote in the filing:

Every single 1 of the 'Brady law progeny' the judge refers to - that are explained in the {1} footnote, has to do with the PROSECUTION WITHHOLDING EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE FROM THE DEFENDANT BEFORE A GUILTY PLEA WAS ENTERED.
Just in case anybody still thinks it's some kind of a huge mystery where the @GenFlynn case is headed, this is a huge clue.
Flynn's case is now a BRADY case. The gov't didn't show the defendant exculpatory evidence before he entered a guilty plea.

This is the EXACT SAME KIND OF MISCONDUCT that got the Cliven Bundy case tossed recently, and got the prosecutors in legal hot water.

Oh, to all the trolls in my TL right now with the talking point "Sullivan does this is all his cases, this is a nothingburger":

You're right Sullivan does this in ALL his cases. HE'S THE JUDGE YOU BRING IN WHEN THE PROSECUTION F**KS UP.
Judge Contreras likely f'd up big time not making sure the prosecution showed Flynn any/all exculpatory evidence before he allowed Flynn to plead guilty.

Contreras did not VOLUNTARILY recuse himself. He was REMOVED from the case.

Then Sullivan was brought in to clean it up.
Flynn is now getting access to EVERYTHING, the FISA court filings, the 302's, ALL OF IT.

More background on the judge (Sullivan) and possible ramifications. Sullivan was the judge in the Ted Stevens botched prosecution in 08:
http://www.washingtonexaminer....case/article/2649272

excerpt:
quote:
What Flynn watchers are noting today is that when all that happened back in 2009, Sullivan ripped into the Stevens prosecutors with an anger rarely seen on the bench. Sullivan was furious that the federal government had repeatedly withheld evidence from the Stevens defense and has been known ever since as a judge who is a stickler for making sure defendants are allowed access to all the evidence they are entitled to.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool interview on Ingraham tonight with James Woolsey, former CIA director. He said the Russians have been in the disinformation business since the 20’s. The only difference this time is that they used social media during this last election. He said Russia has more people assigned to disinformation than they have in their military. When asked if we do the same, he slyly grinned and said we do.

No surprises to anyone here. No surprises to Meuller or any of his cronies. Meuller, Comey, Clinton, and the Obama team are traitors. They got caught trying to bring down Trump and blaming it on the Russians. Y’all got caught motherfuckers.

People need to start going to jail.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Contreras did not VOLUNTARILY recuse himself. He was REMOVED from the case.

Then Sullivan was brought in to clean it up.
Flynn is now getting access to EVERYTHING, the FISA court filings, the 302's, ALL OF IT.

It’ll be fascinating to see if all this is really true.

Judge Sullivan is the real deal, though. The Stevens case revealed some terrible misconduct by prosecutors. One committed suicide. AG Holder was forced to dismiss the case “in the interests of justice.” The others on the prosecutors team ought to have been severely disciplined but I don’t think they were. I have links to the Report Judge Sullivan ordered, ~500 pages in all.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

https://www.justice.gov/sco

The Flynn statement of offense:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1015126/download

Flynn's actions, that he (presumably) lied about, all seemed okay for someone in his position to do. Except for paragraph 5.

Note that the FBI interview was 24 January 2017, but paragraph 5 took place on 7 Mar 2017.

Also for general interest, here is the offense statement for Papadopoulos :

https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download

Similarly, except for lying, not sure what Papadopoulos did that was illegal. (Even though his actions were before Donald Trump even won the REP primary)

He tried to set up meetings that more senior people did not want to pursue.

The FBI didn't interview Papadopoulos until 27 January 2017. Not sure how the FBI got to know so much to say he lied.

Papadopoulos got charged on 3 Oct 2017.
Papadopoulos did a plea agreement on 5 Oct 2017.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
BamaJeepster, great post, thanks for that info! Will follow this more closely now.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
While Rosenstein said there was no American who was a knowing participant with the 13 Russians who have been charged, an American was charged related to the case.

Richard Pinedo of Santa PAula, CA was charged and has made a plea agreement.

Statement of offense:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035547/download

http://www.latimes.com/local/l...-20180216-story.html

A California man who pleaded guilty to identity theft as part of the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election was a self-described digital marketing strategist who once ran a website that helped people get around security measures for online marketplaces such as Amazon and EBay.

Richard Pinedo, 28, of Santa Paula, pleaded guilty this month to one count of identity fraud as part of the investigation, according to court documents made public Friday by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.

Though Friday's news linked Pinedo to the ever-expanding investigation into Russia's role in President Trump's election night victory, his attorney painted him as an unwitting accomplice who has been cooperative ever since he was contacted by investigators.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
So, Mueller's "probe" is not over.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...ollusion-with-russia

This is a so-called investigation that can, apparently, go on forever. He might as well be investigating the existence of an anti-gravity pill that makes the user float. Let's start by interviewing and investigating Americans. What? No evidence? Okay, let's move on to Canada. Then Mexico and South America. Then....

Of course, you can always change the focus of the investigation as well. Anti-Gravity pill not working out? Now we will investigate invisible giraffes.

You can investigate things that never happened or do not exist-- FOREVER!

I think Mueller and the Deep State still cling to the hope that they can install Hillary in the White House. They need her there-- desperately-- to bury all their corruption and crimes, the shit ton of misdeeds they compiled during 8 years of Obama.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

I think Mueller and the Deep State still cling to the hope that they can install Hillary in the White House. They need her there-- desperately-- to bury all their corruption and crimes, the shit ton of misdeeds they compiled during 8 years of Obama.

C'mon Joe even they and you know Hillary is not going to be installed as President. She's closer to jail then the White House. And that should tell you how impossible this is for it to play out in any way that installs her as President. Silly talk.

The slim hope they have is to impeach Trump and then deal with Pence. The focus is removing Trump at any cost.
I believe if the Dems could install anyone they wanted in the White House it wouldn't be Hillary they'd bring Obama back.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mueller can go and on because of the wide open appointment letter

Even though the letter says to conduct the investigation that Comey confirmed on 20 Mar 2017, the letter itself doesn't clearly state any criminal act to investigate.

linking and coordinating w Russians is not a crime

adding: to be fair, here is part of what Comey said on 20 Mar 2017:

"I have been authorized by the Department of Justice to confirm that the FBI, as part of our counterintelligence mission, is investigating the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election and that includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts.

As with any counterintelligence investigation, this will also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed"

So the Comey quote above is the best description of the Mueller appointment

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
According to a Reuters story, from Wikipedia,

quote:
In the case of United States of America v. Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser to Donald J. Trump was randomly assigned to the Honorable Rudolph Contreras as shown in the two page indictment released on December 1, 2017.[11] On December 7, 2017, Judge Contreras recused himself from the sentencing hearings to take place in further hearings in the Flynn case.[12] The case was randomly reassigned to the Honorable Emmet G. Sullivan.

The Reuters story is here.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

C'mon Joe even they and you know Hillary is not going to be installed as President. She's closer to jail then the White House. And that should tell you how impossible this is for it to play out in any way that installs her as President. Silly talk.

The slim hope they have is to impeach Trump and then deal with Pence. The focus is removing Trump at any cost.
I believe if the Dems could install anyone they wanted in the White House it wouldn't be Hillary they'd bring Obama back.

Desperate people think--and do-- weird things. Comey is writing a book called "Higher Loyalty." He is set to teach a course at William and Mary College on "Ethical Leadership." Ponder those facts a while.

I think the Deep State is still determined to impeach Trump, and has far from given up on that effort. Mueller is going to keep cranking away at that "investigation."

But, thinking about it, I would restate what I said. I would not be surprised if the topmost miscreants who have the most to lose if the perp walks start-- Comey, McCabe, Lynch, Holder, Hillary, Obama-- I would not be surprised if they still cling to the hope that Trump can be ousted and Hillary elected in 2020.

Do I think there is a chance in Hell that could happen? NO, absolutely not. Could they be so disconnected from reality? Maybe. Exhibit A: Comey's book on "Higher Loyalty" and course on "Ethical Leadership." Exhibit B: Hillary's delusional book, "What Happened." There is something close to true insanity on the left, in general. Watch 10 minutes of MSNBC or CNN some time.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

quote:
In the case of United States of America v. Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser to Donald J. Trump was randomly assigned to the Honorable Rudolph Contreras as shown in the two page indictment released on December 1, 2017.[11] On December 7, 2017, Judge Contreras recused himself from the sentencing hearings to take place in further hearings in the Flynn case.[12] The case was randomly reassigned to the Honorable Emmet G. Sullivan.

Yes, that was the story that was originally put out back in December. If you read other stories the wording is different and nowhere else will you find that it says he 'recused himself'. There has been no word either way on if he voluntarily recused himself or if he was recused and replaced.

The wording in the latest filing is what is leading many who are familiar with this court and these types of proceedings to speculate that it was the latter - he was replaced due to the Brady issue.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
There's been a new filing in the Flynn case.

I guess we can finally stop the "Mueller's a great guy with high integrity and no bias" talk now. Hopefully justice is served both for General Flynn the Nazi that went after him.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

quote:

Yes, that was the story that was originally put out back in December. If you read other stories the wording is different and nowhere else will you find that it says he 'recused himself'. There has been no word either way on if he voluntarily recused himself or if he was recused and replaced.

The wording in the latest filing is what is leading many who are familiar with this court and these types of proceedings to speculate that it was the latter - he was replaced due to the Brady issue.

What other stories?

What wording?

The change to Sullivan was a few days after the plea was entered. Was there any motion or request for further discovery or was this order from Sullivan just out of the blue, very unusual.

Who would force a recusal? Usually it is the recusing Judge. In state courts, one can challenge an assigned judge and be transferred to another. I’m not sure if there are any other forces that can act to get a recusal. Pulling a judge from a case because you don’t like his handling of the case is not usual.

The assignment of cases is random. There are 14 District Court judges in the District of Columbia District, 9 senior judges and 4 or 5 magistrates. The last time I filed a case in Federal Court, the clerk took the next envelope from the drawer, opened it to get the name of the judge it was assigned to. That was ~25 years ago in the hinterlands of San Diego. There may be a more sophisticated arrangement now.

There may be some basis for the speculation that Judge Sullivan was assigned intentionally, but there is no evidence of it. The Brady order appears normal, not extraordinary.