SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't understand it at all. If it were simply an executive order, why can't another president summarily end it? I guess I must be missing something.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, the WaPo thinks they finally found a way to "get" Trump.

Look at this biased, bullshit languge coming from them:

quote:

The White House struggled Tuesday to contain a widening crisis over its handling of domestic violence allegations against a senior official, as it reeled after sworn testimony by the FBI chief directly contradicted what President Trump’s aides had presented as the official version of events.

Oh Noes! Trump is finished this time!

"Reels", the pearl clutching is hilarious to watch

Roll Eyes

White House reels as FBI director contradicts official claims about alleged abuser

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

They don't really care about Rob Porter or the allegations against Porter....
The real target is Kelly:

quote:
Many aides blame Kelly

Inside the West Wing, a growing number of aides blamed Trump’s second White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly, for the bungled handling of the allegations against Porter. Trump in recent days has begun musing about possible replacements, according to people with knowledge of the conversations.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

May once have been true. IMO, the so-called American media have taken that spot!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMO, the so-called American media have taken that spot!

Probably true... they are just the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

They don't really care about Rob Porter or the allegations against Porter....
The real target is Kelly:

To what end? To try and destabilize the Trump WH by taking out the guy keeping him in line?

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
To try and destabilize the Trump WH

Yes, if they can get Trump to dump Kelly they think it causes disarray. They'd love to have a guy like Scaramucci back in there... Big Grin

-rduckwor

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
To try and destabilize the Trump WH

Yes, if they can get Trump to dump Kelly they think it causes disarray. They'd love to have a guy like Scaramucci back in there... Big Grin

Incompetence is always preferred, and admired. Look at who they elect to Congress!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
Trump's lawyer is likely being bribed or extorted by liberal interests.. he's done a 180 and now claims he paid Stormi Daniels to remain silent..

Little turd needs to be put out to pasture.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-out-own-pocket.html

Also, shame on Fox News for carrying this story.

You mean, if it isn’t covered, it’s like it never even happened?

Fox's job is simple, support the president as your audience is overwhelmingly behind him. Drift from that and your ratings will plummet. I turn to Fox News for positive coverage of Trump, not some worthless story about him cheating on his wife with an adult actress. In the end of the day Trump said the story is fake news so it's fake news; Fox of all outlets should have listened to him.

Posts: 628 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Incompetence is always preferred, and admired. Look at who they elect to Congress!

...in addition, look at who they have elected to represent 'the RESISTANCE'.....'themselves'.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...aises-questions.html

Mueller's investigation is a joke, and damaged beyond repair.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Uh oh, the WaPo thinks they finally found a way to "get" Trump.

Look at this biased, bullshit languge coming from them:

quote:

The White House struggled Tuesday to contain a widening crisis over its handling of domestic violence allegations against a senior official, as it reeled after sworn testimony by the FBI chief directly contradicted what President Trump’s aides had presented as the official version of events.

Oh Noes! Trump is finished this time!

"Reels", the pearl clutching is hilarious to watch

Roll Eyes

White House reels as FBI director contradicts official claims about alleged abuser

Sounds like CNN this morning. Those guys are all twittered up about the ‘scandle’

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I have to chose between the FBI and Trump I know who I'll believe.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Sounds like CNN this morning. Those guys are all twittered up about the ‘scandle’

My afternoon drive guy played a clip from CNN where this guy went to Iowa and interviewed 3 Trump voters and the CNN guy sounded downright saddened and perplexed that not a one of them had wavered in their support. They just don't get that NO ONE GIVES A SHIT about all this crap like Kelly in the WH or any of this other BS the Beltway and MSM crowd are all wrapped around the axle on. People are seeing the economy improve and their paychecks and 401k's get bigger and that's what matters!

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
Trump's lawyer is likely being bribed or extorted by liberal interests.. he's done a 180 and now claims he paid Stormi Daniels to remain silent..

Little turd needs to be put out to pasture.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-out-own-pocket.html

Also, shame on Fox News for carrying this story.

Bitch has been dying to tell her story and now she claims she can as Cohen has invalidated the non disclosure agreement according to her attorney.
Doesn't she have a gang bang to go to?
I hate to see this get any traction. But sex is involved so it will. Roll Eyes
Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/imm...-soar-184604124.html

OH, yes!

This wouldn't have happened during the Kenyan's ( or evil witch's) term.

"MIAMI (AP) — More than a dozen advocacy groups issued a warning about traveling in Florida on Wednesday saying immigration arrests there have soared more rapidly in the past year than in any other area of the country.

Leaders from immigrant rights and nonprofit organizations said new cooperation between Immigration and Customs Enforcement and 17 Florida sheriffs is also spreading fear in the state.

The travel advisory issued by 15 groups warns immigrants from other states to reconsider Florida trips or to be ready to encounter immigration agents at airports, sea ports and bus stations.

"Also, the agency last month in Florida unveiled what it called a template of a nationwide model that gives law enforcement agencies the power to hold immigrants who have been arrested for other offenses and are in the country illegally. Seventeen Florida law enforcement agencies have agreed to follow the new protocol with ICE, a decision called into question by the American Civil Liberties Union and the Southern Poverty Law Center."

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sweet - a good way to start the morning

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"immigrants?" Why do I get the impression that no "immigrants" were arrested....only people who are illegally in our country?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The difference in ICE is stark. Back in 2011 and 2012, I had to call multiple numbers in various cities to beg ICE to issue detainers on criminal illegals.

In two attempts, I never got one. Last week, I locked up one illegal for assaulting his common law wife. Just about 2 hours later the fax machine starts whirring and I have a detainer from ICE. I didnt have to call or beg.

This past weekend, I locked up another one for DUI and a few driving charges. Less than 90 minutes later - same thing. Faxed detainer from ICE on his ass too.

Thank you President Trump!! Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
"immigrants?" Why do I get the impression that no "immigrants" were arrested....only people who are illegally in our country?

It's an important point...
The left has succeeded in changing the language used to describe "illegal aliens".
Even Bill Clinton called them "illegal aliens" when he was President. The media changes the terms of the debate in subtle ways and changes opinions.

-rduckwor