SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
note there isn't anything in the Nunes report that one would consider sensitive to sources and methods,

except the treasonous acts of FBI, DoJ, Fusion, And Steele.

I guess that are "sources". Sources the American people better know about.

Release of this is completely justified.

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It needed to come out today and it did. The weekend is when the working folk visit with friends, family and generally have the time to discuss important matters, such as this memo. Cool

I think the timing is just fine.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The statement released by the dnc chair Perez was pure Baghdad Bob, Pravda style nonsense. Seriously, what a joke the democrats are. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
OK...the media is spinning it as a "narrowly tailored" document by Republicans. Nothing to see here people Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an earlier post from the first year Trump thread:

one of the things Nunes is trying to find out is who were the reporters that Fusion GPS paid

There is suspicion that Fusion paid reporters to spread the dossier story.

one name that might pop up is Michael Isikoff

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...-marathon-testimony/

The Daily Caller has also been told that Simpson and Yahoo! News reporter Michael Isikoff are “good” friends.

Isikoff wrote a Sept. 23, 2016 article at Yahoo! that cites allegations made in the dossier. But at the time, it was not known that the dossier existed or that the Clinton campaign, Fusion GPS, or Steele were involved in a Trump investigative project.

https://www.redstate.com/strei...trump-dossier-story/

On Sept. 23, 2016, Yahoo News’s Michael Isikoff published a bombshell story under the headline: “U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump adviser and Kremlin.” Mr. Isikoff said “U.S. officials” had “received intelligence” about Mr. Page and Russians, and then went on to recite verbatim all the unfounded dossier allegations. He attributed all this to a “well-placed Western intelligence source,” making it sound as if this info had come from someone in government rather than from an ex-spy-for-hire.

The Clinton campaign jumped all over it, spinning its own oppo research as a government investigation into Mr. Trump. Jennifer Palmieri, the campaign’s communications director, the next day took to television to tout the Isikoff story and cite “U.S. intelligence officials” in the same breath as Mr. Page. Other Clinton surrogates fanned out on TV and Twitter to spread the allegations.

this fabrication was all orchestrated and organized

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:/snip

this fabrication was all orchestrated and organized

Yes it was, those bastards!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they should release the silly Democrat memo as well. Let's have at it. This one is so dry and factual...what counter could there be? More actual evidence? (I think not)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ari Fleischer on Fox News:

"I think James Comey should do what he likes to do, hold a news conference.......and take this on"

Good stuff.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
reminder from Glenn Simpson testimony to Senate Judicary comm:

We have been writing in this thread for a long time that it looked like FBI tried to take the op research dossier and sell it as "intelligence". That is exactly what they did.

Fusion and Steele briefed news media on the contents, media wrote stories about the "intel", then FBI referenced the stories as justification to FISC. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Excellent first step. Second step is the IG report. Third step is indictments.

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
So, now that this document is out, what do we, as a country, do about it? Where do we go from here? If heads are going to roll, how would that start?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Winning!

I dare any lefty to:

A. Explain how anything in this is harmful to national security, thus justifying the irrationality of the left's deranged response.

And

B. Show any evidence that these assertions are not correct and valid, thus discrediting the conclusions of the committee.

I'll be waiting here patiently for what I'm sure will be a courteous and well-informed response.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
Sunday morning talk shows. Why hold it until Monday when it's more than likely people will be talking about Brady's 6th SB ring.

Sorry, they will be talking about Nick Foles 1st SB ring...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
I dare any lefty to:

A. Explain how anything in this is harmful to national security, ...

I believe the left's reasoning is the memo would reduce confidence in the nation's "premier" law enforcement agency. I expect that was that same agency's rationale.

Not agreeing with their argument. Just explaining what I understand it to be.

Of course: That'd be a bit like claiming that publishing the fact a bridge is about to collapse would be detrimental to the public safety, because it would reduce public confidence in the bridge.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
Winning!

I dare any lefty to:

A. Explain how anything in this is harmful to national security, thus justifying the irrationality of the left's deranged response.

And

B. Show any evidence that these assertions are not correct and valid, thus discrediting the conclusions of the committee.

I'll be waiting here patiently for what I'm sure will be a courteous and well-informed response.

My thoughts exactly. I want those warning us of grave danger and serious consequences if the memo was released to now go on TV or Twitter and highlight exactly which passages were providing this threat to national security. Please show us, I want to know.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Pelosi (earlier today or yesterday)

https://youtu.be/NVH1PMrQ8oI

Pelosi said, “First of all, it’s a bogus memo. It is not based on fact. But it does reference highly classified intelligence matters. Now we see that he is even altered the memo, so to make matters worse. If he were to release that memo, he would not only be endangering our country, but he would also be violating the rules of the Congress of the United States.”

Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Excellent first step. Second step is the IG report. Third step is indictments.

Agreed.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just heard a CBS News report about the memo release while streaming some Rush:

"controversial"
"GOP-written"
"alleged"
"GOP is critical of FBI surveillance" (exactly WHAT is not disclosed)
Roll Eyes
Fuck you, MSM

Posts: 33814 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Comey tweets, "That's it?"

Other Democrat stooges similarly claim that it's nothing, a mere scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Comey tweets, "That's it?"

Other Democrat stooges similarly claim that it's nothing, a mere scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Criminal scum. Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post