SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The Fifth Column within the FBI and DOJ just won't give up will they?

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add this thought about the democrats and their FIVE rebuttals to the state of the union address.

If they were truely united against Trump, there would be ONE rebuttal. Not five. The fact that there are five, to me, says the democratic party is still made up of warring factions. Each one trying to pimp their particular point of view. The media may portray it as "strength" but in reality it shows their weakness. They still cannot decide on a message, and they still cannot decide who the spokesamn for the party going forward should be.

That's actually good news for us.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

If they were truely united against Trump, there would be ONE rebuttal. Not five. The fact that there are five, to me, says the democratic party is still made up of warring factions.

I don't think it's that at all, the Dems have proven time and time again just at how good they are at party solidarity, at circling the wagons, NO MATTER WHAT.

What you are seeing is fear, plain and simple. The Democrats are terrified of what's happening under a Trump Administration; the tax cuts, people getting more take-home pay, stock market doing very well, etc.

They just can't have any of that and win in 2018 and they know it.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I guess the FBI is thinking, if you don't like Steele's fabricated reports, how about Cody's ?

this actually opens up a whole new line of thinking

Steele is connected w Cody Shearer.

Shearer is connected to the Clintons and Blumenthal

Shearer is brother in law to Strobe Talbott

You can’t have just one source of information. You need confirmation from at least one other source.

There was a cartoon a few months ago where someone calls three friends to tell them whatever it is the phony news is, then they each leak to a news reporter who “has confirmed the information from 3 sources!”

If this wasn’t in the documents demanded from the FBI by the house intel committee and included in FISA mateial, then so what.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sorry to beat this so hard, but Cody Shearer is very interesting

2015 article

https://www.propublica.org/art...s-secret-spy-network

Private Emails Reveal Ex-Clinton Aide’s Secret Spy Network

long article

very high level bullets:

ties Blumenthal to Clinton
ties Blumenthal to Tyler Drumheller (former CIA)
ties Blumenthal to Cody Shearer

Cody Shearer, a longtime Clinton family operative—his brother was an ambassador under Bill Clinton and his now-deceased sister was married to Clinton State Department official Strobe Talbott—who was in close contact with Blumenthal.

One memo was sent on August 23, 2012, less than three weeks before Islamic militants stormed the diplomatic outpost in Benghazi. It cites “an extremely sensitive source” who highlighted a string of bombings and kidnappings of foreign diplomats and aid workers in Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata, suggesting they were the work of people loyal to late Libyan Prime Minister Muammar Gaddafi.

While the memo doesn’t rise to the level of a warning about the safety of U.S. diplomats, it portrays a deteriorating security climate. Clinton noted a few days after the Benghazi attack, which left four dead and 10 people injured, that U.S. intelligence officials didn’t have advance knowledge of the threat.

JALLEN, there are multiple sources

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
sdy, man, you are a fact gathering, distributing machine. Your contribution to these threads is very much appreciated.

I just had to recognize that and say thanks.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

JALLEN, there are multiple sources

I think we have a slight misinterpretation.

What I meant in my earlier post was not directed to you in any way, but to the MSM and their source leaks. It was directed at the God Damned Commies who now spring this second dossier, from nowhere maybe.

I second and share Balze’s admiration of your vast, seemingless bottomless, trove of info. It adds tremendously to our deliberations.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is wondering what the discussions are like over at CNN.

Monday Night Slaughter....could there be a bias here? Is Bernstein a journalist?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/pol...ht-slaughter-ctn.cnn

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I heard that many of the black causus were staying away because the rumor was that Trump was rescinding the Emancipation Proclamation, and they would all be sold into slavery upon conclusion of the speech.

Good grief.

Dammit! The best laid plans ...

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
How about a bit of awesome news???

Tell them where to stick their blue slip nonsense!

https://www.washingtontimes.co...a1JMTWxPT3gifQ%3D%3D

Senate confirms Trump’s 13th Circuit Court judge, disregards ‘blue slip’ protest
The Senate confirmed another one of President Trump’s Circuit Court nominees on Tuesday over “blue slip” protests from Democrats, who said the nominee never should have been given a hearing, let alone a vote.

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice David Stras was confirmed to the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals by a 56 to 42 vote, becoming Mr. Trump’s 13th Circuit Court pick to clear the Senate.

But Democrats said Justice Stras was only placed on the federal bench after Republicans disregarded the “blue slip” tradition, which allows home state senators to sign off on judges from their home states.

“This is a major step back, and another way that the majority is slowly, inexorably, gnawing away at the way this body works and making it more and more like the House of Representatives,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, said Monday.

The blue-slip tradition has emerged as an arcane but important fight in the battle over Mr. Trump’s judicial nominees. Blue slips are signs that home-state senators consent to a pick. Under the tradition, some chairman had declined to move forward with nominees unless both senators from a state returned their slips, signaling consent.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, returned her blue slip for Justice Straus, but former Sen. Al Franken, Minnesota Democrat, did not.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican, decided to give Justice Stras a confirmation hearing despite only one blue slip being returned.

“A negative or unreturned blue slip won’t necessarily prevent a Circuit Court nominee from receiving a hearing, unless the White House failed to consult with home-state senators,” Mr. Grassley said last week.

Mr. Schumer said Justice Stras is the first Circuit Court nominee since 1982 to be confirmed without both home state senators returning their blue slip.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Two senior FBI officials have now reviewed a controversial Republican staff memo alleging abuses of government surveillance programs during the 2016 presidential campaign, a source familiar with the matter told Fox News – adding that the officials “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”

The two officials – one from the bureau’s counterintelligence division and the other from the legal division – followed up after an initial review of the memo during a rare Sunday trip to Capitol Hill by FBI Director Christopher Wray.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...curacies-source.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats great news - another sharp stick in the eye of the democrats who keep forgetting THEY LOST THE ELECTION

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Good for Grassley on ignoring the blue slip.

He is an old war horse. He will be 85 in September.

BTW, Fusion GPS has blasted Grassley for revealing Fusion GPS employee names in his letter to Clinton campaign, DNC, etc.

Fusion lawyers:

“We are disappointed that your office would place politics over the safety of Americans and their families. Some of these employees are not yet 30 years old. Others have children. We all hope and pray that nothing happens to these good people, simply because of your office’s labored efforts to defend this president or please the editorial pages of the Wall Street Journal.”

so says the liars who produced the "dossier"

Don't do treasonous acts, don't get your name in the paper

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is an old war horse. He will be 85 in September.

Not long ago I saw a contemporary video of Sen. Grassley gettin’ down and givin’ ‘em 20 or 30 pushups at a meeting in Iowa. May he live another 85!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
McConnell appears to be a fair weather friend of our President. Now that things are going well, he praises him Roll Eyes

Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell heaped high praise on President Trump's first year in office.

Sitting down with Dana Perino on "The Daily Briefing," McConnell (R-Ky.) said many Republicans weren't sure what to expect from Trump after the election, but he was pleased with the results in 2017.

"2017 was the best year for conservatives in the 30 years that I've been here. The best year on all fronts. And a lot of people were shocked because we didn't know what we were getting with Donald Trump," he said, noting that Trump was doing fundraisers for Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer just three or four years ago.

McConnell said Democrats made an "incredible miscalculation" when they unanimously opposed tax cuts.

"They thought the tax bill would be for us what ObamaCare was for them politically. Totally different subject," said McConnell.

He also highlighted the importance of a record number of federal judges being confirmed in the past year.

"The Court of Appeals are where most cases end up. Only a tiny fraction make it all the way to the Supreme Court. The circuit courts are enormously important," said McConnell, adding he has made sure that confirming judges is a top priority on the Senate's schedule.

He said the impact of federal judges is far greater and longer-lasting than any one president, since they have lifetime tenure.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...nservatives-30-years

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
How about a bit of awesome news???

Tell them where to stick their blue slip nonsense!

https://www.washingtontimes.co...a1JMTWxPT3gifQ%3D%3D

Senate confirms Trump’s 13th Circuit Court judge, disregards ‘blue slip’ protest
The Senate confirmed another one of President Trump’s Circuit Court nominees on Tuesday over “blue slip” protests from Democrats, who said the nominee never should have been given a hearing, let alone a vote.

Minnesota Supreme Court Justice David Stras was confirmed to the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals by a 56 to 42 vote, becoming Mr. Trump’s 13th Circuit Court pick to clear the Senate.

But Democrats said Justice Stras was only placed on the federal bench after Republicans disregarded the “blue slip” tradition, which allows home state senators to sign off on judges from their home states.

“This is a major step back, and another way that the majority is slowly, inexorably, gnawing away at the way this body works and making it more and more like the House of Representatives,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer, New York Democrat, said Monday.

The blue-slip tradition has emerged as an arcane but important fight in the battle over Mr. Trump’s judicial nominees. Blue slips are signs that home-state senators consent to a pick. Under the tradition, some chairman had declined to move forward with nominees unless both senators from a state returned their slips, signaling consent.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, returned her blue slip for Justice Straus, but former Sen. Al Franken, Minnesota Democrat, did not.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican, decided to give Justice Stras a confirmation hearing despite only one blue slip being returned.

“A negative or unreturned blue slip won’t necessarily prevent a Circuit Court nominee from receiving a hearing, unless the White House failed to consult with home-state senators,” Mr. Grassley said last week.

Mr. Schumer said Justice Stras is the first Circuit Court nominee since 1982 to be confirmed without both home state senators returning their blue slip.

Moral of the story...shit or get off the pot, Democraps. Looks like sitting on the pot didn't work out like they had hoped it would. More winning!!!

MAGA!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just when I think that I can't possibly hate that elitist prick any more, he opens his pie hole again.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one of the rare times I agree w Chuck Schumer:

http://www.breitbart.com/video...hanks-obama-economy/

Schumer:

"Two words I don’t think we’ll hear tonight on the economy, ‘Thanks, Obama!'”

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.b25e9bb3d4a4

Shortly before the House Intelligence Committee voted to make the document public, Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein warned Kelly that the four-page memo prepared by House Republicans could jeopardize classified information and implored the president to reconsider his support for making it public, those people said. Rosenstein was joined in the meeting at the White House by FBI Director Christopher A. Wray.

Rosenstein, who is supervising special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, said the Department of Justice was not convinced the memo accurately describes its investigative practices. He said making the document public could set a dangerous precedent, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

While Wray also expressed opposition to the memo’s release, Rosenstein did much of the talking, according to a senior U.S. government official. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was not present at the meeting.

In response, Kelly told Rosenstein and Wray that the president was still inclined to release the memo but the White House would go through a review led by the National Security Council and the White House Counsel’s Office, a senior administration official said. That review is expected to take at least several days, a senior White House official said.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to hear the Sgt at arms introduce Donald J Trump as President of the United States,

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post