SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hannity reported that WH sources said they will take several days to review the memo before it is released. Maybe Wed or Thu.

Sara Carter, who seems to have good sources, said there are reports (maybe the DOJ IG report) that McCabe had 302s changed.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Dennis Prager admits he was wrong about Trump
quote:
Dennis Prager Comes Clean on Trump: ‘My Opposition to Donald Trump Was Wrong’

By Joe Setyon
January 28, 2018 at 11:08am

Conservative commentator and outspoken Trump critic Dennis Prager has admitted he was “wrong” to oppose Donald Trump during the 2016 Republican primaries.

Speaking on his radio show Thursday, Prager noted that Trump was his very last choice among the the Republican candidates who sought their party’s nomination, though he did support the former businessman over Hillary Clinton in the general election.

But Prager’s initial fears regarding a Trump administration have been alleviated now that he has watched the president’s first year in office. In fact, he said Trump has been a “great president,” despite his “communication flaws.”

“I was wrong,” Prager said, according to Breitbart News. “My opposition to Donald Trump was wrong, in retrospect.”

Prager said that at first, he was put off by Trump’s “over-the-top statements,” like when the then-candidate suggested Arizona Sen. John McCain was not a hero because he got captured during the Vietnam War.

However, according to Prager, even Trump’s often “objectionable” statements show that he “doesn’t give a d— about what the press says about him.”

“That is the only way to govern. It is the only way to advance the principles of conservatism in the United States is to not give a d—,” the radio host continued.

Prager went on to compare Trump’s temperament to that of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney — the 2012 GOP presidential nominee — who he said would have been far too concerned with how members of the media perceived him.

“Would I like Donald Trump to have Mitt Romney’s temperament, or for that matter Barack Obama’s temperament? Yeah,” Prager acknowledged. “So what? I would like a whole host of things. People are packages. What a president does is more important to me than a president’s demeanor.”

Trump, he said, “is so much better a president than Mitt Romney would’ve made.” Though he admitted that a Romney victory in 2012 would have been better than the alternative — four more years of former President Barack Obama — Prager still thinks Romney would have been a “tepid” leader.

“Nothing comparably conservative compared to Donald Trump,” he added.

Prager indicated that despite the issues he has with Trump’s temperament, he places greater importance on his performance in office. In that respect, he’s pleased.

“He has turned out to be a great president with big communication flaws, in the way he tweets and some of the things he says and his temperament,” the host said.

“My temperament is the opposite. I love dignity. I love understatement. OK, so be it. So what? I’m not sure I’d be as good a president as he. How do you like that? That’s how good he’s been.”

It’s not the first time Prager has expressed how grateful he is that Trump was elected president.

“Do conservatives — or non-leftists, for that matter — appreciate just how terrific Donald Trump has been as president?” he wrote in an April 2017 column posted to his website.

“What I do know is that they ought to be deeply appreciative of him, and deeply grateful for luck or providence, and certainly for Trump himself, that he was elected president,” he added, not just because Trump defeated Clinton, but because his conservative principles rival those of former Presidents Ronald Reagan and Calvin Coolidge.
All of this winning should bring around more people like Prager for the 2020 mid-term.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No shit, Sherlock. The term is "fair weather friend". Ever heard that term, Sherlock?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No kidding.

I always judge people on actions, not words...especially politicians. What they say don't mean jack.

I defy any lib to name any action Trump has taken that has been racist, sexist, elitist (or any -ist).

In contrast, he has offered a solution for a DACA pathway to citizenship, taken actions that resulted in the lowest unemployment in the black community in decades, came out immediately and forcefully in support of the gay community after the Florida night club shooting and just nominated the highest ranking gay person to a diplomatic gig.

Love these dim bulbs finally having the switch thrown and the light come on 1 year after the fact. Roll Eyes

It's a bit late, Trump-train left the station July '16 after he stomped a mud-hole in all those other stellar primary contendeers (JEB! Big Grin )

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If all this winning continues, the democrats are going to be slaughtered in the midterm elections. Time for new leadership, because they are not going anywhere with who they have.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We have entered Baghdad Bob territory now

https://www.politico.com/magaz...tico-216545?lo=ap_d1

Sen Mark Warner, the intel committee’s top Democrat, says “end-of-the-year document dumps” produced “very significant” revelations that “opened a lot of new questions” that Senate investigators are now looking into, meaning the inquiry into Trump and the Russia hacking—already nearly a year old—will not be finished for months longer. “We’ve had new information that raises more questions,”

Warner also warns about a “coordinated” attack by the president and “Trump zealots” in the House of Representatives to undermine the legitimacy of the investigations against him

The Nunes memo, which is apparently drawn from information contained in the same late-2017 document dumps that have caused the Senate panel to expand its inquiry, is based on “fabrications” and “connecting dots that don’t connect,” Warner asserts.

and

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joe Digenova on WMAL 1/22/18

Joe Digenova on WMAL 1/29/18

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
James Comey: "He served with distinction for two decades. I wish Andy well."

Maybe they can ask to be cell mates?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There will be five (5) responses to the SOTU message. All five (5) will be broadcast by The Cartoon Network.

Presented by the characters we all have come to enjoy and love. Host on all five (5)---Wile E. Coyote.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to bet that the democratic memo (a.k.a, propaganda) that was blocked for release will somehow be "leaked" to the media.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
EDIT - Just posting these here since YT seems to have removed the versions Cliff posted.

Joe Digenova on WMAL 1/22/18

Joe Digenova on WMAL 1/29/18

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I didn't see this anywhere, and I have no idea where to even put this, but this seemed as good a thread as any.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
We can dream, can't we? Big Grin

President Trump (at SOTU tonight): "My fellow Americans. I've decided that instead of reading the speech prepared for me this evening, I've decided instead to read the four page FISA memo to you all. I'd also like to tell you that at this time warrants are being served for the indictment of over 50 federal employees implicated in this. By the time I've finished reading these four pages, the following criminals will be in custody: Obama, Hillary, Lynch, Podesta, Comey..."

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I heard that many of the black causus were staying away because the rumor was that Trump was rescinding the Emancipation Proclamation, and they would all be sold into slavery upon conclusion of the speech.

Good grief.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I'd be willing to bet that the democratic memo (a.k.a, propaganda) that was blocked for release will somehow be "leaked" to the media.

Funny how that works isn't it? Republicans "try" to play fair but the Democrats can't help but play dirty. That's all they have ever known, at least in my lifetime. Whenever it does happen (because we know it will), the DOJ should do some super sleuthing to track down the ones that leak it to set an example. I know it's really just wishful thinking, but a man can dream Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was a Cruz supporter and make no apologies for that.
However, TODAY if Ted Cruz or anyone else was in the oval office (Conservative/Republican) I don't think we would be any better off than we are today.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

this is an FBI org chart from 2014 (couldn't find a 2016 one)

Added in where some of the key players were

Note that for all the DEM protests of no corruption,

Comey = gone
McCabe = gone
Baker = reassigned
Rybicki = quit
Strzok = reassigned
Page = reassigned

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
There will be five (5) responses to the SOTU message. All five (5) will be broadcast by The Cartoon Network.

Presented by the characters we all have come to enjoy and love. Host on all five (5)---Wile E. Coyote.

Anybody remember this one? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I had forgotten about it, laughing out loud right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWA-Y92KymQ
quote:
I'm a proud democrat, but first and foremost I'm a proud republican and democrat and mostly American

(The karmanator is down right now <I sent Chance an email>, so I can't embed -it's a 10 second video of Steve Beshear's response saying that he's a proud republican and mostly American)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Everybody sitting behind and around him looks like the product of a taxidermist.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

Anybody remember this one? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I had forgotten about it, laughing out loud right now...

I hear that the Democrats have a top contender coming in tonight to try and top that. I think they have it locked. Tune into BET after the SOTU. Be there or be square!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post