SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Alan Dersowitz has stated that the raid on Trump's lawyer was unconstitutional. Dershowitz had dinner with Trump last night to discuss. Wink

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10...ershowitz/index.html

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
On another note, Jason Chaffetz said on Fox News this morning that Sessions was no different than Holder or Low-Retta when it comes to transparency and providing information requested by Congress.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
On another note, Jason Chaffetz said on Fox News this morning that Sessions was no different than Holder or Low-Retta when it comes to transparency and providing information requested by Congress.

I’m not sure that is entirely accurate.

Contrary to the attitude of some that Congress is entitled to get anything it wants any time it wants it, there are a couple of limitations that ought to be observed.

One is premature disclosure of legitimate law enforcement investigative activities. Sometimes the unsuspecting suspects don’t need to know the eyes of law enforcement are turned on them, or that that the FBI just succeeded in planting a court ordered wiretap in somebody’s office, or car, or kitchen. I bet Joe Pistone would be horrified to think his existence might be disclosed to some Congressman, or a bunch of them. Evidence presented to a grand jury is not to be disclosed, not even to Congressmen, until the evidence has served its purpose.

National security is often a cover to avoid disclosing embarrassing information, like the hullabaloo over the House memos, which turned out to be bogus. Maybe something like that is involved, although scepticism is warranted. Pistone can appreciate the care they are exercising to review each document and record to see that dangerous information is redacted.

Remember, three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

Be patient.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Nunes, Gowdy, staff get look a memo.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/576...9001/?#sp=show-clips

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Good for Nunes. He had said if he didn't get the 2 page document, he would call for impeachment of Rosenstein and Wray.

some "cooperation"

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Good for Nunes. He had said if he didn't get the 2 page document, he would call for impeachment of Rosenstein and Wray.

some "cooperation"

And even so, the two page memo had a couple of redactions, as I have heard it.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know when they are going to make any part of their basis for the Russian Investigation public. Best reasons I have heard were uncorroborated hearsay from a former spy, and some dude getting drunk at a bar trying to brag. Let's see some fucking evidence or shut the thing down for the love of God.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
all funding and salaries for the 'special' investigations should be withheld

we've been playing this charade for a year

you want to get paid, bring a conviction to the table for collusion. If you can't, you're done.

this needs to stop, these leeches need to have salt poured on them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
DeGenova and Dershowitz on Hannity just ripped Sessions a new one-- "a bump on a log," "disgraceful." Why doesn't Trump fire this asshat?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Because their TV spot riled you up, as it was supposed to.

The more I read, the more I think Sessions was an inadvertently genius pick by POTUS, aside from the needed recusal.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^agree. Why the hell would sessions telegraph his moves? Trumo doesnt. He must appear be and appear unbiased if you want him prosecute the traitors.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sessions having already appointed an outside Prosecutor Huber (?) to me indicates he's serious about trying to do the right thing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Let's hope McConnel stays aggressive. We need these judges confirmed.

http://www.oann.com/mcconnell-...emocrat-obstruction/

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because their TV spot riled you up, as it was supposed to.

Their spot riled me up because they are both very smart lawyers who have a clear legal sense of what the AG should be doing and is not doing.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Let's hope McConnel stays aggressive. We need these judges confirmed.

http://www.oann.com/mcconnell-...emocrat-obstruction/

Sorry, but over his career the only thing McConnell has been aggressive about has been his reelection campaigns. I can't think of a single thing he's been aggressive about as Senate Majority Leader.

Yeah, I know, someone will chime in momentarily and say he blocked Obama's last SCOTUS nominee, but that was not due to McConnell's "aggressiveness". It was to save his own skin.

McConnell has been no friend to conservatives. He was an avid never-Trumper. He is a swamp creature to his marrow. He needs to go.

Nonetheless, I do hope he stops blocking Trump's court nominees. We could get a lot more done if he would just stay out of the way.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are both very smart lawyers who have a clear legal sense of what the AG should be doing and is not doing.

How do you (or they) know what the AG is doing or not?

Just because Sessions isn't on TV every day telling the entire world what he's doing doesn't mean he's not doing any of it.

I've said it from the beginning, and I still believe it today. I think some of these guys are playing very smartly and letting those on the left dig their own hole. We all wish things moved at a faster rate, but they don't. I'm still confident things will play out in our favor.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
The swamp creatures will go BigBore. It just takes time. You cant unfuck something in 2 years thats been fucked for 20.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Sessions having already appointed an outside Prosecutor Huber (?) to me indicates he's serious about trying to do the right thing.

I hope so.

Nevertheless, there is this huge, very public "special counsel" investigation of the sitting President, with the intent of bringing him down, or at the very least impeding him from enacting his agenda. It goes on and on. It goes into things far beyond and prior to his campaign.

We know that Hillary/Obama are guilty of far more extensive "collusion" to sway our election. What we don't know is what if anything is being done to investigate Hillary/Obama.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A couple of things occurred to me with this out-of-control Mueller going after Trump with this Stormy Daniels and Access Hollywood crap now:

1. We are watching a slow coup unfold here against President Trump.

2. It's clear Mueller has NOTHING on Russia, the entire scope of his investigation and he's desperate to find something, anything to burn this President with to justify him having this job.

3. Mr. Magoo Sessions had recused himself from the RUSSIA investigation. He however is not recused from this SEX investigation that Mueller is now running. Why doesn't he wake the fuck up and put an end to this guy going way outside his boundaries?

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because Sessions isn't on TV every day telling the entire world what he's doing doesn't mean he's not doing any of it.

And it doesn't mean that he is, either.

DiGenova and his wife are beltway insiders. What's going on publicly and behind the scenes-- that is their whole life. The way he ripped Sessions last night indicates to me that this man-- who has far more insight than I, far more than most people-- is convinced that the man who seems to be standing around with this thumb up his ass is in fact standing around with his thumb up his ass.

Dershowitz added to the attack on Sessions: Sessions should have told Trump that he was going to recuse himself. Not to have done so was wrong. Trump does not need a part time Attorney General.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyojXRgm0tc

The discussion about Sessions is around the 27 minute mark.