SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
THE TRUMP SHOW.....A FEEL GOOD VIDEO Big Grin

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...0001/?#sp=show-clips

Running America will become even more of a Trump show: Varney

Mar. 26, 2018 - 2:16 - FBN's Stuart Varney on what to expect from President Trump's leadership.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting take on why the President signed the omnibus spending bill. Most of you are vastly more politically astute than I will ever be, but it does give me hope. Or am I being naive?

Thomas Wictor on Twitter: "(1) All right. So here's what's going on...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...tion-back-on-census/

In a historic moment for President Trump’s administration, Commerce Department Secretary Wilbur Ross has announced that a question asking United States residents if they are American citizens will be placed on the 2020 Census.

Secretary Ross has determined that reinstatement of a citizenship question on the 2020 decennial census questionnaire is necessary to provide complete and accurate census block level data.

Since 1950, the citizenship question has not been asked on the full Census, leaving the nation without an exact estimate of how many citizens are in the country and how many noncitizens and illegal aliens are in the country.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Here's an interesting take on why the President signed the omnibus spending bill. Most of you are vastly more politically astute than I will ever be, but it does give me hope. Or am I being naive?

Thomas Wictor on Twitter: "(1) All right. So here's what's going on...

Who the heck is Thomas Wictor?

And what combat with North Korea is he going on about? They surrendered? How did I miss that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30411 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

In a historic moment for President Trump’s administration, Commerce Department Secretary Wilbur Ross has announced that a question asking United States residents if they are American citizens will be placed on the 2020 Census.

Secretary Ross has determined that reinstatement of a citizenship question on the 2020 decennial census questionnaire is necessary to provide complete and accurate census block level data.

Since 1950, the citizenship question has not been asked on the full Census, leaving the nation without an exact estimate of how many citizens are in the country and how many noncitizens and illegal aliens are in the country.
What makes anyone think they will get honest answers?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We will see a groundswell of "yes".
Tremendous amount of "new" citizens.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

California has already said it will sue Trump administration. Calls the question illegal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
California has already said it will sue Trump administration. Calls the question illegal.

Every government official in California should be arrested and sent to Gitmo. Hopefully, their transport will hit heavy seas. Very heavy seas.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

Every government official in California should be arrested and sent to Gitmo. Hopefully, their transport will hit heavy seas. Very heavy seas.

And we should make those officials crew their own ship, I don't want to lose any good guys.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

And we should make those officials crew their own ship, I don't want to lose any good guys.

Bridge crews from the Fitzgerald and McCain are available

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Sounds to me like Trump got funds to build a wall. Am I wrong?

Wasn't Mexico supposed to pay for it?

Posts: 20119 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

That doesn’t mean they will finance it. Build now, pay later.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some people took that literally to mean that Mexico was going to get out their checkbook, put 1/3 down, and then pay in installments until the wall was completed.

The more reasonable among us didn't take it that way. We took it to mean that we would recoup our expense from Mexico one way or another. We're going to get our businesses back here. Tax base here, not there. We're going to do things that take money out of their pockets, and put it into ours.

Looks like that's working so far.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15723 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Some people took that literally to mean that Mexico was going to get out their checkbook, put 1/3 down, and then pay in installments until the wall was completed.

The more reasonable among us didn't take it that way. We took it to mean that we would recoup our expense from Mexico one way or another. We're going to get our businesses back here. Tax base here, not there. We're going to do things that take money out of their pockets, and put it into ours.

Looks like that's working so far.

I took it that way too, but...we'll see.

Posts: 20119 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Just what exactly is your problem? Huh?

You can take that snarky bullshit out of this forum. Pull that shit elsewhere.

When I see shit like that, it tells me that the person saying it does not support President Trump's efforts and that they do not want him to succeed.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was on the road yesterday coming back from a 500-mile trip to Ohio, and each place we stopped at to take a break (lots of breaks with a baby and a toddler) had CNN on it seemed, and holy crap are they OBSESSED with this skank Stormy Daniels.

Much like that stupid plane that disappareded a few years back, it's 24/7 for them; it's like there is no other news going on in the world at the moment.

These idiots actually think they finally "got" Trump and he's going to be forced out of office! Big Grin

Posts: 33830 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

May I also suggest the census form be in the English language only?
If you can’t read and write basic English then you don’t count and shouldn’t vote.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Townhall.com
Stephan Moore
March 27, 2018

Hillary Clinton is being universally panned by Republicans and Democrats for her recent rant against people who voted for Donald Trump. While giving a speech in Mumbai, India, Clinton boasted that she "won the places that represent two-thirds of America's gross domestic product." She went on: "So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward." As evidence, she pointed to places such as Illinois, where she won by sizable margins. Then she added that those who voted against her "didn't like black people getting rights, and don't like women ... getting jobs."

Many have commented on how her speech was offensive and arrogant -- which it was. But what hasn't been noted for the record is that Clinton had her facts wrong.

For at least the last two decades, most of the dynamism and growth -- as measured by population movements, income growth and job creation -- has been fleeing from the once economically dominant blue states that Clinton won and relocating to the red states that Trump won.

Here's the evidence. Of the 12 blue states that Hillary Clinton won by the largest margins -- Hawaii, California, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, New York, Illinois, Washington, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware -- all but three of them lost residents through domestic migration (excluding immigration) over the last 10 years. In fact, combined, all 12 lost an average of 6 percent of their populations to net out-migration over the past decade. California and New York alone have lost 3 million people in the past 10 years.

Now let's contrast the Clinton states with the 12 states that went to Trump with the largest margins. Ten out of them -- North Dakota, Oklahoma, Idaho, South Dakota, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Nebraska and Kansas -- were net population gainers.

The outpouring of residents from blue to red states almost has been one of the biggest demographic stories in American history, with a thousand people making the move every day on average. If you go to states such as Arizona, Florida, Tennessee and Texas these days, you'll see many blue-state license plates.

Pretty much the same pattern holds true for jobs. The job gains in the red states that Trump carried by the widest margins had about twice the job creation rate as the blue states Clinton carried most comfortably.

Clinton mentioned gross domestic product numbers. While it is true that the blue states of the two coasts and several of the Midwestern states are richer than the redder states of the South and mountain regions, she failed to mention the giant transfer of wealth from Clinton to Trump states. IRS tax return data confirm that from 2006 to 2016, Clinton's states lost $113.6 billion in combined wealth, whereas Trump's states gained $116 billion.

The Clinton states are in a slow bleed. That is in no small part because their governments have adopted the entire "progressive" playbook: high tax rates; high welfare benefits; heavy hand of regulation; excessive minimum wages; and war on fossil fuels. These states dutifully check all the progressive boxes.

Even more unbelievable to us was Clinton citing Illinois as a dynamic place. There probably isn't another state in America that can match it for financial despair and incompetence. After decades of left-wing rule, things are so bad in Illinois that residents are fleeing on net to West Virginia and Kentucky to find a better future.

Even when it comes to income equality, the left's favorite measure of progressive success, blue states carried by Clinton fare worse than red states. According to a 2016 report by the Economic Policy Institute, three of the states with the largest gaps between rich and poor are New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Sure, Boston, Manhattan and Silicon Valley are booming as the rich prosper. But outside these areas are deep pockets of poverty and wage stagnation.

The "progressive" tax-and-spend agenda has been put on trial. The policies not only lead to much slower growth but also benefit the rich and politically well-connected at the expense of everyone else.

Getting these statistics right -- about where the growth and dynamism is really happening in America -- is important because if we want to be a prosperous nation, we need to learn what works and what doesn't.

We need national economic policies that have been shown to work at the state level. Trump wants to make America look like Florida and Tennessee. Clinton wanted to make America look more like Illinois and Connecticut. Maybe that's the real reason why she lost.

Link

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
quote:
Just what exactly is your problem? Huh?

I don't have a problem. I'm simply pointing out that the American taxpayers are being saddled with the cost of this thing when Mexico was supposed to pay for it. That may still happen, I don't know. We'll see.