SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is Up With All These Yellow “Student Driver” Stickers On Cars?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Up With All These Yellow “Student Driver” Stickers On Cars? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
They should be mandatory just like in the UK with the big red L sticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6236 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I will sometimes put one on the back of my Charger Hellcat.

Almost always get laughs with it, and have a couple thumbs-up from CHiPs

60+ year-old man, 717 hp sedan, with a "Be Patient, Student Driver" on the trunk.

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The student driver I was behind today did some extremely impressive moves overtaking me. He was behind me in the left lane, I was going ~55 in a 45. He crossed 3 lanes of traffic within 200 yards twice in heavy traffic to get in front of me only to immediately brake in front of me and turn left. I'd say he can rip that bad boy off and buy one that says asshole driver or maybe just buy a BMW.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just saw another one today and I went out of my way to see who was driving.

Yep, a 70-ish looking woman

Student drivers my ass Roll Eyes

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I confess that I've not seen a gaggle of those. Of course, I'm not doing much driving, myself, these days.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is crazy.

It has to be some sort of notion that got out there that you won’t get hassled if you have the sticker on your car.

Ever since I posted this, whenever I see one of these stickers, and I get a chance to look at the driver, I take note

Every time now it’s some late middle aged or very senior looking person driving with these goofy stickers on their car.

Posts: 33862 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was outside Sam's today. Ney York plate had one on the back. Indiana

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
OK, just saw one of these yesterday and it actually made me laugh out loud, NOW that’s a good sense of humor and a good version!

posted Hide Post
200,000 illegal aliens can now apply for a license in MA.

All have to be a student driver before getting the license.

Cost to the state 28 million dollars.

I always thought it was a profit center.

Fees for learner permits, fees to take the written test, fees to take the driving test, and fees to get the plastic License.

Lies, Dam Lies and Statistics.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
200,000 illegal aliens can now apply for a license in MA.

All have to be a student driver before getting the license.

Cost to the state 28 million dollars.

I always thought it was a profit center.

Fees for learner permits, fees to take the written test, fees to take the driving test, and fees to get the plastic License.

Lies, Dam Lies and Statistics.

Does this mean they can also buy,register and insure a car or is it only for driving someone else's car that is insured and registered?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2575 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post