SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5 Login/Join 
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
As a father of two daughters myself, the thought of what yours are going through scares the crap out of me. Have faith and stay strong for them; prayers headed their way…

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I feel what you are going through. My oldest daughter has been fighting breast cancer for 5 years. Months of Chemo, radiation. CT and MRI's. Hang in there and just love them, listen to them when they cry, cry with them. Prayers sent.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for you family.

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent as well and good thoughts for both daughters.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your children and your family Paul.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Your girls and your family have my prayers. Sending strength and healing their way too.

While I have never been a parent I can certainly understand how hard it must be to see your children suffer at any level.

God bless you all.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
prayers up for both daughters and the family

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Prayers and good thoughts for your daughters and family.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Praying for all of you.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
That’s terrible news. I’ll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
As you know from both my post here and my thread ... will always be thinking about you and your daughters.

Though still tough to hear, good news about the breast cancer in the milk duct ... sounds like a promising outcome.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for both of you daughters.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
best of luck for complete recoveries

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I wish your family all the best. My SIL was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer a few years ago and through a miracle of God she was able to beat it. Her Oncologist actually cried when she gave her the good news.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
DAMN it!

She just called and they have revised her prognosis. It seems they found a "marker" that indicates a VERY aggressive form of cancer and she's looking at a year of chemo after the surgery.

She enquired about a full mastectomy and they said it wouldn't make any difference due to the type of cancer.

Shit, shit, shit!

It's bad enough she got hit with a diagnosis of cancer, but this yo-yo prognosis is really tearing her up.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Your daughters and family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
PHPaul - I will be willing to translate and interpret the diagnosis/treatment plan.
Send the details estrogen/progesterone receptor status and Her2 status to my e mail. I think I can explain what is going on.
Frank

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
PHPaul - I will be willing to translate and interpret the diagnosis/treatment plan.
Send the details estrogen/progesterone receptor status and Her2 status to my e mail. I think I can explain what is going on.
Frank

I'll email you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Prayers said and sent your way.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post