SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5 Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Your daughter is in our thoughts and prayers - best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to you and your daughters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Daughter just got the pathologist's report.

Good News is that the lymph node was clear so no sign that it has spread.

Bad News is that the edges of the portion removed are pre-cancerous so they're going back in to take out some more.

All in all, not a horrible report, we'll take it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent!

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to be so late to the party. I wish her well and my thoughts are with all of you. Three unrelated cancers in a one year period here. First was medulary cancer of the thyroid. Removed. All of a sudden, cold feet and cold hands. "They" say that is normal. Anyway, good luck to all of you.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Dear God…it’s hard enough to be a dad and even harder to learn both daughters must fight cancer. One of us is going through this now. I know You know. Let PHPaul know You know, You care, You are fighting, and You love the PHPaul family. Your Word teaches us that You never leave us. Your Word teaches us that You limit the harm we all face. Your Word teaches us that You provide for our every need. Your Word shows us that You know the pain we feel, that You weep with us, and that You heal us. Be with the PHPaul family every day. Touch them with grace, and strengthen them with courage as they face a continuing unknown. Give PHPaul himself a special measure of calm assurance, that he may be a tower of strength to his little girls. Guide the hands of the medical teams. And, listen to PHPaul in his questions, his anger, his cries, and his fear. Grant the PHPaul family the peace that passes understanding, every day they face the future. Let PHPaul and his family glorify You as they tell the story of Your provision, Your providential care, and Your peace.

In Christ’s Holy Name,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
2nd Update:

Pathology report from second surgery indicates there are still pre-cancerous cells in the excised material.

She goes in for a third round of surgery Thursday. She may be looking at a complete mastectomy, but trying to avoid that at the moment.

Amazingly, she still puts up a cheerful front, but I know she's scared spitless.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
sending positive thoughts for your daughter, you, and your family.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
May the third round achieve the desired result on Thursday. All the best to you and your family, PHPaul.

Posts: 7314 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Still pulling for all y’all… keep the faith

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
She's in our thoughts and prayers

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I had lunch yesterday with a guy in his seventies who had stage 4 cancer 6 years ago. I had to confirm he said stage 4.

At least, they know a whole lot more today about cancer and especially breast cancer.

Both your daughters are in my prayers.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
She will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 5696 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
3rd surgery went well this morning. Now we wait for the pathology report.

Doc told her if this one doesn't come back clean, next step is a mastectomy. She's resigned to that possibility.

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Prayers this one comes back clean.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers for your family. I hate cancer.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Praying she’s gets good news

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Paul, I hope the best for your daughters. I hope you can get a little rest too. I imagine you’re pretty stressed and worried. Be sure to eat well and rest. Same for your wife.

Take care and hoping to hear good news soon.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Keep kicking she is in our prayers!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post