SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter(s) and Cancer UPDATE 3 Page 5 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Posts: 869 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. That’s a heavy load to carry at any time, let alone all at once.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
May God bless and keep you and your family. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Your family is in my thoughts, prayers sent.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I just prayed for your daughters.
I want them to win.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Thinking of your daughters, you, & your family. One day at a time, hills and valleys. Take all the wins and stack them!

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with your daughters for their recoveries and the strength to you and your family supporting them. I know if you could take them out to your shop and fix this you would.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Younger daughter just found out she has breast cancer. The "good news" is that it's 'contained' which I take to mean it hasn't spread and they should be able to get it all with surgery.

One thing to be aware of, is that MD's like to follow up the surgery with radiation. I know of a couple cases where the patient developed cancer again, after 6-7 years, and the cancer was only in the areas that were radiated. Personally I would never radiate an area to "cure it".

Also you might want to check out Fenbendazole, an anti parasite drug used on humans and animals. It has also been used "off label" to successfully treat cancer. I know someone with stage 4 prostate cancer, that was doing very well with FenBen. His PSA count dropped from 71 to 1. He was also receiving ablative treatment to the prostate.

https://www.globalhealingallia...dazole_de-wormer.pdf

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
Very best wishes for positive outcomes for your daughters.

Some positive encouragement:

My wife had breast cancer almost 20 years ago and had surgery and radiation treatment. She worries each time she's due for a mammogram but thankfully has been cancer-free ever since her treatments.

My oldest son had thyroid cancer, again almost 20 years ago. He had his thyroid removed and will be on medication for the remainder of his life. Again, cancer-free ever since and the meds seem to work well and are not a significant issue for him.

Two highly successful outcomes for which my family is eternally grateful! And, the knowledge base and technology has improved in the last 20 years. My hope is for your outcomes to be every bit as successful as ours!

Posts: 1987 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Cancer is a very isolating disease.
Keep an eye on their spirit as well as their physical well being.

Best wishes for both your daughters for a speedy and complete recovery.

Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's tough. Some families have a cancer gene although it doesn't sound like that's what it is for yours since it's two different kinds. But I don't know anything.

My wife's family is predisposed to breast cancer. We also knew someone whose family had the breast cancer gene that hers got studied in particular.

I prayed for your family.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
She has a consult with an oncologist on the 8th. We'll know more then.

Again, thanks for all your support!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15232 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Will keep all of you in my daily prayers

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent. Hoping for the best for both of your daughters.

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
She had her consult with the oncologist today. She has a 1/2cm mass, Stage 1, Grade 2/3

It was detected early, but it's a pretty aggressive form of cancer so they're going to go after it with a pretty aggressive treatment plan.

1. Surgery to remove the cancerous growth and check the lymphatic system (lymph nodes) followed by (Assuming the lymph nodes are clear):

2. Chemo one day a week for 12 weeks, then:

3. Radiation (5 days a week for 4 weeks) and finally:

4. Antibody treatment every 3 weeks for 9 months.

The idea is if they can beat it into submission early, it greatly reduces the chances of it coming back.

Posts: 15232 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That's a tough regiment, praying they kill it dead.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That is very similar to the treatment regimen that I went through for my stage 3 cancer in 2016. The bad news is that she is going to go through a very rough time. The good news is that it all worked for me and I've been cancer free ever since. She'll need a lot of support through the process but it will end and I'd bet with a positive outcome like mine. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all of you from TampaBay.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
That is very similar to the treatment regimen that I went through for my stage 3 cancer in 2016. The bad news is that she is going to go through a very rough time. The good news is that it all worked for me and I've been cancer free ever since. She'll need a lot of support through the process but it will end and I'd bet with a positive outcome like mine. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

The doc said it would be relatively low dosages on the chemo, so hopefully it won't be too awful. She does have a pretty good support network between friends (her bestie is an LPN who has had breast cancer) her son's girlfriend is a medical pro as well, and of course Mom and Dad will be right there whenever she needs help.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Younger daughter had her operation for breast cancer yesterday.

AFAIK, it went well other than that they really had to dig for the lymph node to biopsy. It was an outpatient procedure, she was home that evening.

I'm going up here in a bit to sit with her. She's in quite a bit of pain from them rummaging around in her armpit for the node and a little nervous about the pain meds.

Crichton knew Mom wasn't feeling well...