SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple update 14.8
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple update 14.8 Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Because Apple is allowing it, I am staying on 14.x. Even though they postponed the CSAM thing, I highly suspect that 15.0 has put in place the mechanism necessary to scan local phone data. There are no features of 15.0 that I am really looking for.

This ^^^^^

I'll stay on 14.x as long as I can. When I no longer can I may switch back to Android.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Moved to iOS 15. So far, so good.

It keeps asking me about “new features” that want to share this or that.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12142 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I suspected, "Do not disturb" no longer works with 15 on my XS Max phone. This morning my girlfriend tried to call and was sent to voicemail. The previous iteration allowed people that were in my Favorites file could call through and ring or leave a message even if it was on the blocked off times of DND. I use DND to block notification from banks etc that do their processing and notifications at ungodly hours. I sure hope they get this fixed as it was an excellent way to allow sleeping through the night.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2896 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. It was bad enough with the last update which now displays DO NOT DISTURB constantly.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:

As I suspected, "Do not disturb" no longer works with 15
The feature is still there, but your previous settings / preferences were not preserved with the update.

There is a new group of settings in iOS 15; the group is called "Focus." Drill down there, and you should be able to restore the behavior that you want.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30737 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. Focus. That is really intuitive.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you VTail!

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2896 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Whelp, Apple has release another iOS 15 update: 15.0.2

Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4339 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apple took their sweet time in getting that 14.8 release out.

I never upgrade to a newer IOS version until it has been out for a while and the bugs have been fixed. It looks like they already have one patch out for IOS 15 and are working on another one.

Posts: 476 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Whelp, Apple has release another iOS 15 update: 15.0.2

Roll Eyes

I stupidly updated to 15 a few weeks ago and now I'm hoping this update fixes some of the glitches. Notably bluetooth items aren't working properly (my fit track scale) and the Sirius XM App on Carplay.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post