SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ Is that true?
Is that what was 'scrubbed' from her Facebook page? If so, this is over. She's not going to show up and testify and have to answer for that. But we will need proof that she actually posted that.

Hey turnabout is fair play.

I’m at the point where I really don’t care if she said/posted it or not. If someone “believes” she did, then we have to be sensitive and supporting of that belief and repeatedly point out she may have posted it because we can’t call the person saying she did a liar. To do so would be to harm them again and force them to relive the experience.

She should call for a full blown FBI investigation on whether she posted it, because that is what an innocent person would do and welcome. To not want the FBI digging in suggests guilt after all.

She needs to testify before a senate panel to answer questions about what she did or didn’t post, and she needs to go first before anyone who says she posted shit to tell their side of the story.

I cannot guarantee the veracity of the post I made—wish I could. I truly believe that she a radical leftist and is fully capable of it.

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
She had already agreed to testify IF....

Let's see what the "details" are.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
She wants to testify on Thursday. Doesn't that push the confirmation vote to one more week past Thursday? I believe that's what Tucker said.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Well, still weasely. Sorry.

quote:
Below is the full text of the letter Ford's legal team sent to Senate staffers:

Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week. Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on September 21, 2018, at 2:33 pm, are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee's promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details. Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz

Lisa Banks

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is ridiculous

How could Grassley agree to this ?

They don't agree to a specific day

They don't agree to Grassely's ground rules (such as Ford goes first)

Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week. Although many aspects of the proposal you provided via email, on September 21, 2018, at 2:33 pm, are fundamentally inconsistent with the Committee's promise of a fair, impartial investigation into her allegations, and we are disappointed with the leaks and the bullying that have tainted the process, we are hopeful that we can reach agreement on details. Can we set up a time for later this afternoon to continue our negotiations?

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz

Lisa Banks

If Grassely agrees w this, he has been completely steam rolled

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

maybe there is hope

sarah westwood:

A senior White House official tells me Kavanaugh's team isn't viewing this response from Christine Blasey Ford as a "yes" because it asks for more time to negotiate

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Monday ? no way

look at this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/c...committee-next-week/

Lawyer Michael Bromwich has joined Katz's legal team.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Browmwich is Andrew McCabe's lawyer

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Let's see if Grassley's smart enough to not get bogged down in another conversation over "details". Set a day and date certain and be done with it - either she shows or she doesn't.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because Grassley is no longer in charge. Schumer is.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Who was it that said they had some bombshell that would exonerate Kavanaugh completely and Feinstein would be apologizing soon.

I think it's time to see what ya got pal Grassley is getting deeper and deeper into the weeds on this and the clock is ticking down.

If Tucker Carlson knows the time clock drill on this Grassley surely must. Right. Right?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What an absolute sham.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
This is ridiculous

They don't agree to a specific day

They don't agree to Grassely's ground rules (such as Ford goes first)

Sincerely,

Debra S. Katz

Lisa Banks

If Grassely agrees w this, he has been completely steam rolled

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

maybe there is hope

sarah westwood:

A senior White House official tells me Kavanaugh's team isn't viewing this response from Christine Blasey Ford as a "yes" because it asks for more time to negotiate

You realize it is not Grassley’s unfettered call but that of any one of the 50 other Senators who must stay in line.

This is the weakness of publicly negotiating for someone else. Even if you are firm and decisive, the other party can get behind you.

This afternoons negotiating session will be like those of the recent past. Get nowhere, get a deadline, just before deadline agree to further negotiations, lather, rinse, repeat.

What is Grassley going to do? Come in Monday, announce that she never agreed to anything and call for votes?

It’ll be Thursday before ya know it!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Paul Sperry is a reporter. He has been reasonably reliable

Paul Sperry:

Radical anti-Kavanaugh activists from several national leftwing groups planning to bus in protestors and hold protest-training program in DC on Sunday & then stage massive protests and disruptions next week on Capitol Hill to intimidate senators ... details to come ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

protesters took over Grassley's office the other day. They ate their lunch there.
guessing it was about a dozen of them from a short video

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is Grassley going to do? Come in Monday, announce that she never agreed to anything and call for votes?

Not exactly.

He should announce that now. Right now.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Radical anti-Kavanaugh activists from several national leftwing groups planning to bus in protestors and hold protest-training program in DC on Sunday & then stage massive protests and disruptions next week on Capitol Hill to intimidate senators ... details to come ...

That should do for the midterms what the anti-war protesters in 1968 did for President Humphrey. Big Grin

Posts: 18180 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This is an ask to continue 'negotiations' without committing to anything. It's a clever way to push off the vote Monday without committing to appear Wednesday," a senior White House official said Saturday.

Staff for GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch (Utah) echoed the White House, saying in a tweet that "this is exactly where we were on Monday morning— without agreeing to a date, time, and terms."

"We are no closer to hearing from Dr Ford then we were when her lawyers said Dr. Ford was willing to testify during their media tour," they added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...xt-week?userid=47328

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Waiting is what will sink this. You simply cannot give the left time to organize. They are too good at it. Of course it dosen't help that the republicans are a bunch of cowards. Just little bitches being led around by the left.

The way it seems like the left is still running the country you'd be hard pressed to believe they lost the last election.

Oh well.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
She did not agree to testify-- just as I thought. (Though I thought she would not even respond.) She agreed to continue negotiating.

It's clear and simple: Grassley needs to announce that she has in fact *not* agreed to testify-- and the twice-extended (or is it thrice-extended? I'm losing track) deadline has lapsed.

The vote on Kavanaugh will be taken on Monday.

This is absolutely imperative at this point.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

Not exactly.

He should announce that now. Right now.

Well, that would give enough time to scrub all the guests now set for the Sunday talk shows, and substitute new ones who can then spend the entire hour denouncing Grassley, the Republicans, old white males as so cold and hell bent to unfairly prevent this victim from telling her story. All they need, all they were asking for, is one more day, one more day! ONE MORE DAY! What could be more unreasonable, more unfair in this crucial matter of gravest import.

You obviously have no feelings, no sympathy for this poor victim.

posted Hide Post
To this day I still laugh at the clip in the movie Mars Attacks where the aliens roasted congress on tv and the old lady watching started laughing and said "THEY BLEW UP CONGRESS...HAHAHA"

That is where I'm at with these front holes. The lefts play is obvious. It could not be more clear. The democrat bully stole thier lunch and is now eating it in front of them. Roll over and expose your belly or start swinging. It isn't going to get better.

Vote Now. Negotiations are over.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post