SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
seen on CT

reported by Laura Jarrett (yes that is Valerie Jarrett's daughter):

News - former DOJ inspector general Michael Bromwich has joined Christine Blasey Ford’s legal team. (Note he also represents former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe). He has just resigned from his law firm effective immediately in light of objections within the partnership.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bromwich:

Posts: 19614 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sdy:
seen on CT

News - former DOJ inspector general Michael Bromwich has joined Christine Blasey Ford’s legal team. (Note he also represents former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe). He has just resigned from his law firm effective immediately in light of objections within the partnership.

Gofundme money I would wager is buying his services.

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, if Republicans confirm Kavanaugh before November, Democrats have indicated that the fight would not be over are raising the prospect of further investigations and even impeachment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...if-is-confirmed.html

That should just about wrap up the midterms in favor of Republicans.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Who was it that said they had some bombshell that would exonerate Kavanaugh completely and Feinstein would be apologizing soon.

I think it's time to see what ya got pal Grassley is getting deeper and deeper into the weeds on this and the clock is ticking down.
<snip>

I believe it was LBJ that reported it.

ETA: LBJ post on page 23, about half way down.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9023 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Who was it that said they had some bombshell that would exonerate Kavanaugh completely and Feinstein would be apologizing soon.

I think it's time to see what ya got pal Grassley is getting deeper and deeper into the weeds on this and the clock is ticking down.
<snip>

I believe it was LBJ that reported it.

I believe that was the conjecture put together by Ed Whelan on Twitter then removed with apologies, showing the houses, the house much like where this incident is supposed to have occurred and concluding that anoher lookalike was the culprit. This has been withdrawn, although not debunked.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dr. Ford accepts the Committee's request to provide her first-hand knowledge of Brett Kavanaugh's sexual misconduct next week.

This could mean she does not testify directly,but provides first hand knowledge.

Is anyone else reading it this way.

posted Hide Post
How many witnesses can put Kavanagh and Ford in the same room? At any time?

15 year olds and 17 year olds don’t typically travel in the same circles.

Also, she was 15. Unless she walked to this party, someone drove her. There have to be more witnesses out there. I don’t doubt she was assaulted. I suspect the reason she can’t fill in all the missing pieces is that she’s spent years convincing herself it was Kavanaugh. That way, she’s not just a “survivor”, but a survivor of a federal judge. That’s some solid victimhood.

Her lack of specificity, also makes it impossible for Kavanagh to provide an alibi. Very convenient.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
She said she couldn't remember how she got there.

She couldn't remember which house it was.

She couldn't remember how she got home.

She thinks it was 1982.

A nice "construct" so little can be checked out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Bromwich charges $1100 per hour

http://www.abajournal.com/news...pointed_monitor_defe

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
I don’t doubt she was assaulted.

I am curious as to why you think she was sexually assaulted. Many people make up lies to harm other people or for political gain,or avoid jail etc,etc.

All she has provided is a vague account with no details that can be verified.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I am curious as to why you think she was sexually assaulted.

By all accounts I've heard, she and her friends were quite the little sluts.

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
So three R Senators from AK, AZ, and ME are holding the process hostage, again.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
How could Grassley agree to this ?

Because Grassley is no longer in charge. Schumer is.

Yes, he basically admitted that on Twitter.

Posts: 9758 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am curious as to why you think she was sexually assaulted. Many people make up lies to harm other people or for political gain,or avoid jail etc,etc.

She told her therapist. As I recall, she didn’t say who did it. I find it easier to believe she was assaulted (perhaps while drunk?) and convinced herself (with the help of others) that it was Kavanagh, if for no other reason than they were in the same circles.

I also suspect she’s a leftist who thinks it’s up to her to save the Supreme Court. Lots of justification in her mind to belive it was him.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sdy:
seen on CT

Gofundme money I would wager is buying his services.

That's a lot of high power well connected lawyers, who are quitting their day jobs, for someone that supposedly just wants to tell the committee her story based on the letter she gave to Feinstein. I also remember MSM last week parroting you don't need a lawyer if you are telling the truth. Roll Eyes

I hope Grassley holds firm to terms including no later than Wednesday but I am starting to lose some faith in that.

Posts: 9758 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

She told her therapist. As I recall, she didn’t say who did it. I find it easier to believe she was assaulted (perhaps while drunk?) and convinced herself (with the help of others) that it was Kavanagh, if for no other reason than they were in the same circles.

I also suspect she’s a leftist who thinks it’s up to her to save the Supreme Court. Lots of justification in her mind to belive it was him.

This.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
If Repub's want to forfeit their majorities in the house and senate, failing to get Kavanaugh confirmed should go a long way toward that outcome. Talk about trying to rip defeat from the jaws of victory.

Not saying its the best analogy, but when I coached baseball I was know for always keeping our foot on the throttle and forcing the action. Controlling the tempo and flow of the game usually resulted in the tournament trophy going home in my truck, rather than me having to try and explain to angry parents why the trophy was headed home with someone else. Play to win or get off the damn field.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Probably just a coincidence,

Christine Ford went into marriage counseling in 2012 and told about the alleged sexual attack. Apparently at the time of counseling, she did not mention Kavanaugh's name.

In a March 2012 article, the last line was

"If a Republican, any Republican, wins in November, his most likely first nominee to the Supreme Court will be Brett Kavanaugh"

https://www.newyorker.com/maga.../03/26/holding-court

"Brett M. Kavanaugh is a judge who sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, which is often described as the second most important court in the country."

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
So three R Senators from AK, AZ, and ME are holding the process hostage, again.

Some of us warned last December what the consequences of Ray Moore smear in Alabama causing him to lose the senate seat could be and yet here we are. Another known yes vote at this time could be absolutely crucial. The democrats knew very well that a SCOTUS justice opening could happen before the mid terms and had been preparing for it at that time and committed to win by any means necessary.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
If Repub's want to forfeit their majorities in the house and senate, failing to get Kavanaugh confirmed should go a long way toward that outcome. Talk about trying to rip defeat from the jaws of victory.

Not saying its the best analogy, but when I coached baseball I was know for always keeping our foot on the throttle and forcing the action. Controlling the tempo and flow of the game usually resulted in the tournament trophy going home in my truck, rather than me having to try and explain to angry parents why the trophy was headed home with someone else. Play to win or get off the damn field.

A win in that game is determined by play on the field under definite rules, and tactics conceived with those rules and your players capabilities in mind.

Here the rules are not fixed to the same degree, not even to the degree that they would be in court, and the outcome will be determined by 100 scorers not all of whom have the same attitude, fears, or incentives, or susceptibility to public pressures. Think of it as the winner being chosen by the fans in the ballpark or like the old Roman gladiators where 100 Emperors give thumbs or down.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
People lie to therapists often. I'm not sure that this crazy woman would be believable if she told me it was currently raining outside, to which it is. I would still go to the window and look outside if she told me it was.

She has forfeited her credibility. She is a pawn of the left, or a willing accomplice, and I am 50/50 on which. Based upon the lies, drama, more lies, and general fuckery that this event has generated, I wouldn't believe anything she had to say if I were on the jury and armed with all of the facts that she is being manipulated, or is complicit, as a democratic operative.

Furthermore, she is hurting future sexual assault victims because the left is loosing their minds over this to the extent of saying "Men are all guilty, women are all believable" when the numbers on reported sexual assault, versus the numbers of those cases that are unfounded, or downright lies, do not lie. The problem in this country is that we rarely prosecute the ones who claim false allegations of sexual assault when it was a clear lie with falsely reporting because society frowns upon it because "it might keep real victims from coming forward". Just like we rarely prosecute the ones that falsely obtain a protective order as a means of manipulation when the narrative is a lie. That needs to stop, quick fast and in a hurry.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post