SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Here we go, it is breaking news top story headlines at CNN. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes But I won't post a link to that crap website but you can take my word for it that it is there.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Good God, is RBG even still fit to sit on SCOTUS? She was barely coherent in "feersum dreadnaught's" clip.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.

This nonsense has run the gamut.

In High School, seriously? Could give two shits what happened decades ago in High School. If it wasn’t important enough then it is not important enough now.

did he cop a feel on prom night??

maybe get caught with a Playboy magazine in his room?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
"but the one consistent theme was that it describes an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school."

That should be girl, not woman, unless Kavanaugh was the victim.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This sounds like an incredibly desperate Hail Mary/October Surprise move by the DemoShits which will backfire on them.

OMG, he felt Suzy's boob in 11th grade! Eek

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Or a horrible case of he show her his, she show him hers incident that has left her scarred for life.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
They’re doing with Kavanaugh what they tried to do with Thomas and what they did to Bork.

And they’re reminding us why their Garland grandstanding was bullshit.

Vote now, shove Kavanaugh down their throat, give zero shits.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has blasted the charged Senate confirmation process for Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh as a 'highly partisan show.'

The liberal Ginsburg denounced the process, which many court observers have blasted as broken, during an event at George Washington Wednesday – on a day when Democrats who were virtually shut out of the confirmation process bombarded the nominee with 1,200 questions on issues ranging from gambling to his days as a clerk in a fruitless effort to slow down Kavanaugh's nomination.

'The way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong,' Ginsburg said at the GW Law School, the Washington Times reported, drawing applause from a crowd.

'It was the same for Justice [Stephen] Breyer who was nominated a year later. Or think of Justice Scalia, who was certainly a known character … He had been a law professor and written many things. He had been on the D.C. Circuit [Court of Appeals].'

'The vote was unanimous. Every Democrat and every Republican voted for him. But that’s the way it should be. Instead of what it’s become, a highly-partisan show,' she concluded…”

https://dailym.ai/2p6PfyW

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well--RBG is correct--the current way IS wrong, and it IS a "partisan show". However, the partisanship is being displayed by the Democrats, who are energized to simply block any candidate that President Trump nominates. She should remember that she was confirmed by 93 to 3, which included Senators of both parties, even though her leanings were known to be decidedly Liberal.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
edit

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tubetone,

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
<snip>
She should remember that she was confirmed by 93 to 3, which included Senators of both parties, even though her leanings were known to be decidedly Liberal.

flashguy

She does remember. She states in the article:

“'The vote on my confirmation was 96 to 3 – even though I had spent about 10 years of my life litigating cases under the auspices of the ACLU … and I was on the ACLU board and one of their general counsel,' she said, referencing the American Civil Liberties Union.”

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Here we go, it is breaking news top story headlines at CNN.
So an anonymous person has offered some anonymous info, which has been sent to the FBI, though no one will discuss what was in the Feinstein letter created from the anonymous person or info, and the media calls it one of the biggest breaking news story of the day. Is there really any question why the media has zero credibility and why majorities of Americans loathe them?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the 'anonymous' person is Hillary or one of her FBI minions...

you know they're so very good at fabricating and falsifying stuff...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
DiFi is a tease. Why is DiFi teasing instead of dropping what she seems to think is a bombshell?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has blasted the charged Senate confirmation process for Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh as a 'highly partisan show.'

The liberal Ginsburg denounced the process, which many court observers have blasted as broken, during an event at George Washington Wednesday – on a day when Democrats who were virtually shut out of the confirmation process bombarded the nominee with 1,200 questions on issues ranging from gambling to his days as a clerk in a fruitless effort to slow down Kavanaugh's nomination.

'The way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong,' Ginsburg said at the GW Law School, the Washington Times reported, drawing applause from a crowd.

'It was the same for Justice [Stephen] Breyer who was nominated a year later. Or think of Justice Scalia, who was certainly a known character … He had been a law professor and written many things. He had been on the D.C. Circuit [Court of Appeals].'

'The vote was unanimous. Every Democrat and every Republican voted for him. But that’s the way it should be. Instead of what it’s become, a highly-partisan show,' she concluded…”

https://dailym.ai/2p6PfyW

Good for her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well--RBG is correct--the current way IS wrong, and it IS a "partisan show". However, the partisanship is being displayed by the Democrats, who are energized to simply block any candidate that President Trump nominates. She should remember that she was confirmed by 93 to 3, which included Senators of both parties, even though her leanings were known to be decidedly Liberal.

flashguy

Republicans have been every bit as partisan lately. Remember Merrick Garland. Don't act as if it only goes one way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

flashguy

Republicans have been every bit as partisan lately. Remember Merrick Garland. Don't act as if it only goes one way.

Yes, but that was in reliance on the bipartisan Biden Rule.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
What is on the early October SCOTUS docket? This smacks of something the Dems want a lower court ruling upheld with a 4 to 4 vote.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

flashguy

Yes, but that was in reliance on the bipartisan Biden Rule.

Be that as it may (and I know Biden said it), it is still an example of the extreme partisanship going on.

Biden was wrong when he said it, and the R's were wrong to do it. Even though I am a little glad they did.

Presidents get to make appointments, and the Senate should pass on their basic competence and fitness, not whether they agree with their politics.

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
What is on the early October SCOTUS docket? This smacks of something the Dems want a lower court ruling upheld with a 4 to 4 vote.

I’ve heard that they’re expecting one or more redistributing/gerrymandering cases to come up. The Dems are claiming the Republicans have done it improperly in NC and PA (I think those are the correct states) so they hope to have the maps redrawn to let them pick up another seat or two in each state. If the appeals court agrees with the original rulings and the SC is still tied up at 4-4, the lower court ruling will stand.

Edit: NC case confirmed but one source said the SC has passed on it and sent it back down. Other cases included Wisconsin, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, but several of these appear to have been resolved earlier this year.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post