SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Dianne Feinstein proves that California banning straws has not stopped Democrats from sucking.

Posts: 5783 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My god.....Comey & friends are making J. Edgar Hoover look good.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
Dianne Feinstein proves that California banning straws has not stopped Democrats from sucking.

CUT for the funny man.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Jib jab. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/8340026644/p/147

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
What is next up their sleeve?
The Dims are already complaining about a 1-week investigation that was agreed to.

IMO, either:

a) Dims will find fault with the FBI investigation report or latch onto something in the report, demand a fuller investigation (and another delay), and some Rep jerkwad like Flake will side with them, or,

b) someone will come out from under a rock to corraborate Ford's story or make new allegations

Posts: 4024 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good news!
Big Grin
McCaskill takes a hit in the polls after opposing Kavanaugh confirmation

Incumbent Democratic Senator Claire McCaskill came out in opposition to confirming Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court 10 days ago. This move may have been ill advised as polls show she now trails her GOP opponent, Josh Hawley.

Previous polls in the last month have been tied. Hawley's slight surge after the senator announced her opposition to Kavanaugh may be an omen of things to come.

Breitbart:

A new poll released by The Missouri Scout on Saturday shows that Republican challenger Josh Hawley has taken a two point lead over Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) in the Missouri Senate race just days after she announced she will be voting against the confirmation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

Hawley leads McCaskill by a margin of 48 percent to 46 percent in the poll conducted by Missouri Scout over two days, from Wednesday, September 26 to Thursday, September 27.

McCaskill announced her opposition to Kavanaugh on September 19. The second day of the poll was conducted on the same day Judge Kavanaugh and Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused him of attempting to sexually assault her 36 years ago at a time and place she cannot recall and with no corroborating witnesses or evidence, testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Significantly, the poll found that 49 percent of likely voters said the Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh has made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while only 42 percent said it made them more likely to vote for her.

The overall seven point deficit for McCaskill on this important question helps explain why Hawley has jumped into a two point lead. Even though the results are barely within the 2.5 percent margin of error, they are different than three national polls conducted earlier in September, all of which showed the race tied.

At least in Missouri, Democratic tactics against Kavanaugh may be backfiring:

Among female respondents, 47 percent said the confirmation process made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while 42 percent said it made them more likely.

Among male respondents, 50 percent said the confirmation process made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while 41 percent said it made them more likely.

Among Non-Partisan respondents, 46 percent said the confirmation process made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while 39 percent said it made them more likely.

I think you'll find this to be true in most Republican states. The process has been so tainted that voters could be in the mood to punish Democrats for their actions. How much of a difference it might make nationwide remains to be seen.

The bottom line is that McCaskill is going to need a significant number of GOP conservatives to get re-elected. Missouri has more Republicans in it than Democrats and McCaskill's opposition only makes it that much harder for her to overcome the GOP advantage in the state.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...n.html#ixzz5SdBUgedU

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24272 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
#DrainTheSwamp
Picture of P229 357SIG Man
posted Hide Post
I've focused so much on Ford that I can't remember if the Deborah Ramirez accusations have been discredited. Have they?

P226 9 mm
P229 .357 SIG
Glock 17
AR15 Spikes - Noveske - Daniel Defense Frankenbuild

Posts: 944 | Location: Glen Allen, Virginia | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"I feel portraying her as much of a victim as Kavanaugh due to the Democrats power lust is a damn smart move"

and there's the rub

The REPs have a tough election in about 5 weeks time.

More women vote than men. Many women have been intuitively sympathetic w Ford.

The REPs may have to win the immediate battle, and then settle w the guilty after the election.

It is getting ever difficult to figure this out w/o Christine Ford being a willing participant in an attempt to not only block Brett Kavanaugh, but to utterly destroy his life.

I think your wrong I don’t see it as that tough. I think the republicans walk through this. Particularly with the set of circumstances. We are talking about maybe 7% of the swing vote?republicans get 4 of that. Early indications are most voting women are with Kavanaugh. Many women have a brain and not just a front hole. The Democrats vastly underestimated that!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8555 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P229 357SIG Man:
I've focused so much on Ford that I can't remember if the Deborah Ramirez accusations have been discredited. Have they?

Nothing much got said about that. On the FBI's list for the one-week investigation, perhaps?

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have zero confidence in the FBI.

They are corrupt to the core and still are 100% under the influence of the democrats. Until REAL careers in the bureau are destroyed, they will continue to be a weapon of the left.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34219 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Reports are out that Ramirez spoke to investigators today

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I have zero confidence in the FBI.

They are corrupt to the core and still are 100% under the influence of the democrats. Until REAL careers in the bureau are destroyed, they will continue to be a weapon of the left.

FBI doesn't get this right, they will become part of DNR.

Posts: 7028 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My rather limited Twitter feeds suggest that the backup line of Democratic attack is to go more into Kananaugh’s characterization of his drinking vs. possibly contemporary accounts that differ. Nothing matters but keep going until something sticks to derail this nomination.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1534 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Maryland legislators, all Democrats, wanted to have authorities investigate the claims against Judge Kavanaugh and felt that they had standing as a third party to initiate an investigation. WRONG!
These are some seriously stupid people if they actually believed that.

They have been pushing the Montgomery County Police and State's Attorney to open an investigation.

Both have politely told them no.

police response

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16425 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
Maryland legislators, all Democrats, wanted to have authorities investigate the claims against Judge Kavanaugh and felt that they had standing as a third party to initiate an investigation. WRONG!
These are some seriously stupid people if they actually believed that.

They have been pushing the Montgomery County Police and State's Attorney to open an investigation.

Both have politely told them no.

police response

It's only because no victims have come forward to file a complaint. They made it clear. So, what do you think the maggots are doing right now? That's right. Training more "victims".

Q

Posts: 26779 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Ok, so here's a question that's been nagging at me for the last few days. Bare with me for a second.

No thanks! I ain't barin' with you for even so much as a NYHB. We don't know each other that well.
I saw that, too, but wasn't going to comment on it (unusual for me, actually).

One thing I do think the FBI could attempt to do would be to locate where the party took place. I believe someone has already made a conjecture about that--perhaps the FBI could follow up on it?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and even IF they found it, what does it matter?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53383 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

It's only because no victims have come forward to file a complaint. They made it clear. But, what do you think the maggots are doing right now? That's right. Digging for more "victims".

As someone said previous, they are now going to pursue a strategy that goes after his drinking. Reports now are that some Yale classmate, some guy who is no doubt a hard leftist, is going to recount to the FBI stories of a drunken, out of control Kavanaugh during his college years. It'll be pure bull of course.

So now they're shifting the focus of their attacks toward him being a heavy drinker in his youth to somehow back up Miss Mouse's testimony. Of course, somehow we're to believe that the FBI missed all of this during their first six background checks. Sure.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post