SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"I feel portraying her as much of a victim as Kavanaugh due to the Democrats power lust is a damn smart move"

and there's the rub

The REPs have a tough election in about 5 weeks time.

More women vote than men. Many women have been intuitively sympathetic w Ford.

The REPs may have to win the immediate battle, and then settle w the guilty after the election.

It is getting ever difficult to figure this out w/o Christine Ford being a willing participant in an attempt to not only block Brett Kavanaugh, but to utterly destroy his life.

Posts: 19611 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Know what made the Dems walk out during the hearings for Kavanaugh? They thought they would tear him apart instead from the beginning he exposed them for what they are and why their doing it and it scared the hell out of them that this guy will fight for his reputation and his family. Then the snakes slithered away.

Oh please. You got to be very naive to think him fighting back would scare these cockroaches away like so. If you haven't realized already, these commies have no shame whatsoever. It's just political theater, what they did.

Q

Posts: 26530 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This is it kids. Put up or shut up.

Right now I am willing to trade 30 years of Kavanaugh on the bench for 6 more years of Joe Manchin.

Get him to a yes. The people of WV are 58-28 in favor. Use that. Press him.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
The REPs may have to win the immediate battle, and then settle w the guilty after the election.

It is getting ever difficult to figure this out w/o Christine Ford being a willing participant in an attempt to not only block Brett Kavanaugh, but to utterly destroy his life.

The Dems may have miscalculated in one important sense; as long as no conclusions have been drawn, how women in America will see and judge Ford remains up in the air. With the passage of time emotions always tend to subside a little, and stories and doubts about everyone tend to emerge.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

She's lying through her teeth. Sociopaths can do that and still genuinely believe what they are lying about.

Anyone in this country who's turned on the news at any point in the past two weeks knows damned good and well that that offer was on the table.

She's lying.

You'e right. Anyone bold enough(or dumb enough) to lie about being afraid to fly, when the record can be so easily researched, is an habitual liar, most likely pathological.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many women have been intuitively sympathetic w Ford.

Outside of died-in-the wool fascists, who vote Democrat anyway, I am not sure about this statement. In fact, I know a lot of women who are incensed that the "sexual assault" claim is being abused like this. They know it can make it harder for real victims to come forward.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Know what made the Dems walk out during the hearings for Kavanaugh? They thought they would tear him apart instead from the beginning he exposed them for what they are and why their doing it and it scared the hell out of them that this guy will fight for his reputation and his family. Then the snakes slithered away.

Oh please. You got to be very naive to think him fighting back would scare these cockroaches away like so. If you haven't realized already, these commies have no shame whatsoever. It's just political theater, what they did.

Yep, and in case it slipped by...

A while back the Republicans said sorry so sad we have business and will be in session during prime campaign season. In case someone missed it this hearing became a campaign studio, many sound bites were recorded for ads.

Folks that don't give two fucks about destroying a life long public servant for personal gain, damn sure don't care about - YOU - or your country.

Posts: 428 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'e right. Anyone bold enough(or dumb enough) to lie about being afraid to fly, when the record can be so easily researched, is an habitual liar, most likely pathological.

Did she say that, or did her attorneys say that? Seems to me as if it's possible the attorneys were having conversations without consulting their client.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15737 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ford: "I was hoping they would come to me, but then I realized that was an unrealistic request"

and rather than jump right on that, Rachel Mitchell makes a joke.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/asia...of-flying/vi-BBNDsTJ

Posts: 19611 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ford: "I was hoping they would come to me, but then I realized that was an unrealistic request"

and rather than jump right on that, Rachel Mitchell makes a joke.

Annnnnd again: The entire point of having a female prosecutor experienced with dealing with sexual abuse victims was to avoid the whole "old white guys attacking a poor victim" thing.

She let Ford hang herself.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
More women vote than men. Many women have been intuitively sympathetic w Ford.

My wife and I were discussing a couple of days ago; she as a person feels Ford is a lyin' bitch, but as a woman, she feels what the Democrats did has been a disservice to women. That what happened to Kavanaugh can happen to any innocent man, including some in this forum, with a position of power, influence or money. A boss, manager, company owner, coach, teacher, commanding officer, etc.

Men hiring women could very well second-guess that decision in the future. From now on, if I had to hire a woman, I'd want that whole exchange on video to cover my ass.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Ok, so here's a question that's been nagging at me for the last few days. Bare with me for a second.

No thanks! I ain't barin' with you for even so much as a NYHB. We don't know each other that well.

Maybe it’s my head cold, but wut? Confused

I was having a bit of grammar Nazi fun at your expense.

bear v. To hold up; support. v. To carry from one place to another; transport. v. To carry in the mind; bear a grudge.

bare adj. Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked: a bare arm. adj. Exposed to view; undisguised: bare fangs. adj. Lacking the usual furnishings, equipment, or decoration: bare walls.

"Bear with me" suggests "consider this." "Bare with me" suggests getting nekkid with you.

You two picked out a china pattern yet?

Posts: 7024 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough, please.

Clutter, guys. Watch the clutter. Big thread. Difficult to trudge through.

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Annnnnd again:

I think some were expecting her to go down there and physically kick Ford's ass the first time she was caught in a lie, and are disappointed that she was able to leave on two unbroken legs.

That would show that crazy woman! Right?

Chess, not checkers. Surprisingly the Republicans have done a pretty good job thus far. We're on the right track. Let's let it play out.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15737 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Enough, please.

Clutter, guys. Watch the clutter. Big thread. Difficult to trudge through.

Para, you have the patience of Job...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is next up their sleeve?

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, the FBI investigation that they wanted (more or less) is both underway and out of their control. The logical guess would be that they're gearing up for the actual confirmation vote by trying to figure out how to get the voters of Maine and Alaska to seem to threaten punishment for Collins and Murkowski if they vote the "wrong" way. I just don't think they have any more shots to take via the hearing process - and an orderly, structured discussion is going to weaken the impact of the arguments they can make anyway.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
What is next up their sleeve?

Nothing. Now all they have is to rely on Soros paid agitators to go hard after the fence sitters like Collins and Flake. And even though Flake has the spine of a jellyfish, I still think at this point they'll all eventually vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30452 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that tht Judge will get confirmed but I also think it is some what naive to think the Democratic Party will just throw their hands up and surrender.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I like the cut of his jib-
...and Trump has shown extreme confidence in the last couple of days.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post