SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
folks, there are some things we all need to understand to be effective.

I'm not preaching to anyone. I am sharing my experience to get Daniel Gade on the Republican primary ballot for U.S. senator.

1. For a VA statewide election (like U.S. senator), a candidate needs to get 10,000 petition signatures.

The petition says you agree that person should be on the Republican primary ballot. The Republican primary election is 9 June 2020

2. Here is the hard part. You can only collect signatures from 1 Jan 2020 to 26 Mar 2020. If you don't have 10,000 signatures by 26 Mar 2020, you don't get on the primary ballot. Your campaign is effectively over (except as a write in)

3. You need at least 400 signatures from each of the 11 VA congressional districts. (that is 4400). And then you need another 5600 from anywhere in Virginia

4. Only VA registered voters can sign the petition. Each individual petition sheet has room for 12 signatures. So you need at least 1000 filled out petitions to account for signatures and sheets that will be thrown out for one reason or another.

5. I don't think Scott Taylor had 10,000 signatures in the short time from 1 Jan to when he switched to the 2nd district House race.

6. Most people have no idea that if you don't get this done by 26 Mar 2020, it is over.

I am a volunteer for Daniel Gade.

https://gadeforvirginia.com/

I am collecting signatures on petitions to get him on the ballot. Remember signing the petition is NOT a commitment to vote for a person. It just says that person should be on the ballot. You could sign petitions for all the candidates trying to get on the ballot.

I will contact all the VA people in this thread by email and ask if you would sign the Gade petition. If you would agree to do that, we can work out how to meet.

For each petition sheet (12 signatures) there can only be one collector for the whole sheet. That collector has to swear to a notary public that they witnessed each signature. Each sheet has to be notarized.

I urge you to look at the candidates that are running for this senate seat. Pick the ones you like and sign petitions for each of them.

I will support whoever wins the June 2020 primary in the general election.

You have about 8 weeks to get the job done.

I am reminding people that if a Republican candidate beats Mark Warner, that person will hold the highest office in Virginia held by a Republican. Hopefully we elect a new Republican leader to rally around.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, sdy for the reminder. I will be reaching out to the R candidate for the US House. I thought we had several weeks longer for the petitions to be submitted.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Sdy
I am in the 5th Congressional District. If it's possible for me to add my signature, please email me.

We have an excellent representative in my area. 15th senatorial district. Frank Ruff, Jr.

http://www.senatorfrankruff.com

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
This is an example of the general Virginian that is frustrated by the left.

I hear and see it daily.

https://www.facebook.com/dionn...s/10216106629390971/

There is so much or all in his thoughts and views we agree with. Well spoken.

I tried to use the link, and was told by facecrap that my account had been closed, and if I wanted to renew/reopen it I could by providing some additional info. Every option I looked at was WAY MORE PERSONAL INFO than I am prepared to put on the internet. Wish I could say I am surprised, but I am not.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
folks, there are some things we all need to understand to be effective.

I'm not preaching to anyone. I am sharing my experience to get Daniel Gade on the Republican primary ballot for U.S. senator.

1. For a VA statewide election (like U.S. senator), a candidate needs to get 10,000 petition signatures.

The petition says you agree that person should be on the Republican primary ballot. The Republican primary election is 9 June 2020

2. Here is the hard part. You can only collect signatures from 1 Jan 2020 to 26 Mar 2020. If you don't have 10,000 signatures by 26 Mar 2020, you don't get on the primary ballot. Your campaign is effectively over (except as a write in)

3. You need at least 400 signatures from each of the 11 VA congressional districts. (that is 4400). And then you need another 5600 from anywhere in Virginia

4. Only VA registered voters can sign the petition. Each individual petition sheet has room for 12 signatures. So you need at least 1000 filled out petitions to account for signatures and sheets that will be thrown out for one reason or another.

5. I don't think Scott Taylor had 10,000 signatures in the short time from 1 Jan to when he switched to the 2nd district House race.

6. Most people have no idea that if you don't get this done by 26 Mar 2020, it is over.

I am a volunteer for Daniel Gade.

https://gadeforvirginia.com/

I am collecting signatures on petitions to get him on the ballot. Remember signing the petition is NOT a commitment to vote for a person. It just says that person should be on the ballot. You could sign petitions for all the candidates trying to get on the ballot.

I will contact all the VA people in this thread by email and ask if you would sign the Gade petition. If you would agree to do that, we can work out how to meet.

For each petition sheet (12 signatures) there can only be one collector for the whole sheet. That collector has to swear to a notary public that they witnessed each signature. Each sheet has to be notarized.

I urge you to look at the candidates that are running for this senate seat. Pick the ones you like and sign petitions for each of them.

I will support whoever wins the June 2020 primary in the general election.

You have about 8 weeks to get the job done.

I am reminding people that if a Republican candidate beats Mark Warner, that person will hold the highest office in Virginia held by a Republican. Hopefully we elect a new Republican leader to rally around.

SDY. I’m in the 36th Senatorial District. Happy to sign the petition. Thanks.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's encouraging to see the rise in activism here in Virginia. I'm doing my own part.

Friday, I sent my application and check to the LCRC (Loudoun Country Republican Committee) and tonight I will be attending their meeting in Leesburg (1 Harrison Street, Board of Supervisors Meeting Room 1, 7:00pm - 9:00pm). There is currently a vacancy for District Chair in my community, and while I don't think I can just walk in a take it, I'm aiming for it. I will make my intentions known tonight.

It starts at the grass roots, and it doesn't get any grassier or rootier than this.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
informative site

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot...ndidates_in_Virginia

there are 11 congressional districts in Virginia. One congressional district for each of our 11 members of the U.S. House of Representatives.

7 of those 11 seats are held by DEMs. 4 are held by REPs. All these 11 seats are up for reelection Nov 2020.

In just 10 months we can send VA DEMs a message that may slow them down some

from a 2014 exit poll of Warner's last election:

Does anyone in your household own a gun ?

39% yes for Warner (D) voters
58% yes for Gillespie (R) voters

50% yes across all voters

for House of Representative signatures a candidate only needs 1,000 signatures

if all this sounds weird and cumbersome, join the crowd. I didn't know any of the details until 3 months ago. I am a rookie campaigner just like probably most of us on the forum.

A friend of mine keeps reminding me. 2020 is a warmup. We are going to learn a lot and then go even smarter and harder in Virginia 2021 elections.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I'm not up to speed on VA ballot and petition law and welcome any corrections... but, in my experience with other petitions and ballot issues (Colorado law has a provision in which voters can directly petition for a ballot initiative or recall to happen), but it bears noting that duplicate signatures on different sheets for the same petition can cause both signatures to become invalid...or, in some cases invalid until the information is vetted to determine if the signer is two different people with the same name, or a single signer that had a change of address...or a signer who forgot they had signed previously. I mention this because, sometimes in an enthusiastic effort to be helpful, voters sign the same petition multiple times, but when working against a signing deadline the effort loses those signatures while being vetted, and if the deadline passes before vetting those signatures are permanently lost.

Also, you should be prepared for counter-signing efforts. I've seen the opposition (Bloomberg funded) send teams door to door attempting to harass and intimidate potential petition signers into not signing while spreading outright lies about the issue or candidate...and this counter-effort was coordinated with Bloomberg funded radio & TV commercials falsely accusing some of the petition supporters of having criminal backgrounds with some being pedophiles or having sexual assault records...patently false. Oh, and if you do see counter-protesters working against your signing efforts, many of them will be paid activists from out of state.

Last year, while asking questions about a petition before signing, I got into it with a young counter-protester. She kept dodging my questions but eventually admitted she was being paid and had been flown in from Alaska.

... so, be prepared for downright ugly, underhanded, down-in-the-mud bare-knuckle tactics.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just received a call from Nick Freitas' team. There will be an event on Wednesday 1/29/20 at 7PM @ Roma's Italian Restaurant in Louisa. If you're close by, come out and show your support.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Mr. Levine made the news on Breibart.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...fine-assault-weapon/

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waynesboro voted for “Constitutional City” not 2A Sanctuary city this evening I heard from a friend who lives there

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ Dude just looks like the typical Virginia white supremacist to me.

I am flabbergasted at the Central Left rural voters that are coming out of the wood work. They are opening their eyes and seeing that their small d party died in the 90's. This gun issue has forced them to look at the laws that have passed, and that will be passed if they don't change how they vote. They can no longer say, Oh that candidate is just saying that. Because they are all saying that.

People are pissed. It isn't just the gun issue. It is the issue that the modern Big D party does not represent their live and let live life.

Will that pay off come the November elections? I think it will. Will we see a shift back to the standard quo here in VA?

That I worry about. I am not sure our Republican party is together enough to fight for quality candidates till the 2021 elections.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
What you're describing will (I hope) have one of two outcomes...

1. As you state, I hope they're so fed up with the HARD left turn by the Progressive Demotards that they pull the lever for President Trump.

2. As you state, I hope they're so fed up they have no choice but to throw their hands up in "surrender" and stay home come election day.

Either way...KAG 2020!!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
VCDL

On Monday, January 27, the Waynesboro City Council voted for Waynesboro to become Virginia'a 137th sanctuary!

Fairfax County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, January 28, at 4:30 pm

Please make plans to attend the Fairfax County Board of Supervisor meeting at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, January 28. Gun Owner of America's Erich Pratt is the fifth scheduled speaker, and he will be testifying in favor of making Fairfax County a Second Amendment Sanctuary County!

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

From the Leesburg Town Hall meeting on Saturday. Sig2340 not sure if this was before or after you left, either way good getting to see you briefly.

That's my blond-haired head and green shirt in the foreground.

Neither elected official has a clue about guns, save for Gooditis has some measure of PTSD surrounding her brother killing himself with a pistol, AFTER a deputy sheriff gave it back to him after a hour-long conversation with a suicidal person. In short, someone made a bad decision, so punish every gun owner.

So, you support red flag laws? Cause I can tell you up front I have nothing good to say about them.

I can say a great deal about these Commie Colored Confiscation orders. I've even practiced enough I've stopped spraying spittle during my profanity laced diatribe.

Here are two reasons I oppose them:

Existing law provides the means to seize the firearms from people who are a threat to themselves or others. See VA Code 18.2-308.1:4

As proposed it leaves the person considered a threat to themselves or others on the street and free to used a car, truck, butcher knife to kill and injure others.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

and

Gade Campaign will have a booth at the

Virginia Beach Gun Show FEB 1-2

Virginia Beach Convention Center
1000 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I had the great pleasure to meet and speak with Daniel Gade last night. His story is one of adversity and triumph, and the juxtaposition of Gade (military hero, presidential appointee) and that dweeb he's running to unseat in the Senate, Mark Warner, is striking.

I also met and spoke with Aliscia Andrews (again!), Rob Jones and Matt Truong. The first two are also military veterans (USMC); Jones is a double above-the-knee amputee (Gade lost one leg) who after receiving his prostheses, ran 31 marathons in 31 days! Truong was a 13 year-old refugee from Vietnam, who has successfully started and run his own business, obtained a Masters Degree in engineering, and is a powerful speaker. All three are running to become the Republican candidate for Virginia's 10th Congressional District, with an eye to unseating Jennifer Wexton, a Bloomberg-sponsored robot. Andrews was passing out #Wexit stickers!

The turnout last night was encouraging. Republicans are awake to the fact they screwed up in 2019, and are mobilizing to take on the Democrat machine head-on. I also heard Chris Anders, president of Virginia Constitutional Conservatives giving details about the massive anti-2A bills coming out of committees in Richmond.

We're in for the fight of our lives. But we have some terrific soldiers (literally and figuratively) on our side!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
https://wset.com/news/local/ve...lities-to-join-state

VEXIT: West Virginia extends 158-year-old invitation for Va. localities to join state

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WSET) -- West Virginia became its own state in 1863 in the middle of the Civil War.
Creation of the West Virginia/Virginia border required multiple elections, including a decision by President Lincoln to override objections by half of his cabinet, and a Supreme Court decision validating an irregular election. In the end, 50 counties would be incorporated into a new state, and 99 counties would be left behind in the remnant of Virginia.
West Virginia is the only state to be formed by seceding from a Confederate state.
Some Virginia border counties were given the choice to become part of the new state if their residents approved. Berkeley and Jefferson counties gave their nod, siding with the Union.
West Virginia now has 55 counties.
Earlier this year, the West Virginia Senate adopted a resolution by voice vote to remind residents of Frederick County, Virginia, that the county has a standing invite — from 1862 — to become part of West Virginia in response to the legislation being proposed in Virginia.
Frederick was formed in 1743, and much of it later was carved out to create several other counties. It remains much closer to Richmond, at 136 miles, than West Virginia’s state capitol of Charleston, at 268 miles.
At a press conference Tuesday with West Virginia Governor Jim Justice and Liberty University President Jerry Falwell, they announced that legislation has been passed to reiterate the 158-year-old invitation stands for any locality in Virginia.

Falwell said Gov. Justice came up with the plan and decided to host a press conference to extend the invitation.
Falwell said that Virginia first became home to his family in the 1600s and by the early 1800s and into the early 1900s, his family was operating numerous businesses in the Lynchburg region, eventually picking the site for Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the world.
Using Thomas Jefferson's words in the Declaration of Independence, "When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation", Falwell and Gov. Justice said it's time for a new declaration of cause.
"While Governor Justice and I have always shared great pride for our states, what’s happening in Virginia right now is a tragedy in the making," Falwell said. "Democrat leaders in Richmond, through their elitism and radicalism, have left a nearly unrecognizable state in their wake. Despite a spate of scandals over the past two years, the Democrats control every statewide elected office throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as both chambers of the State Legislature — and they are using their power to strip away the God-given rights held by every person in the state, despite their due protections under the U.S. Constitution."
The Democrats are anti-life, anti-Second Amendment, anti-liberty, and even anti-business with their oppressive environmental regulations — and now they’re doing even more damage by making it more difficult for the most needy college students in the state to finance their education. Governor Northam’s recent budget proposal aims to eliminate student aid for thousands of online students attending private colleges while increasing aid for more affluent resident students attending those same colleges — a plan that would affect military, minority, and lower-income students the most.
Earlier this month, Falwell said he would support 'civil disobedience' if certain gun legislation passes.
Democrats in the Virginia House advanced a package of gun-control measures less than a week after tens of thousands of pro-gun advocates from around the country rallied at the state Capitol. Similar bills already passed the full Virginia Senate.
"All of this smacks of elitism at a time when populism under leaders like Donald Trump and Jim Justice has restored America’s founding principles and hope for the future. But it has also awoken a sleeping giant of passionate conservatives who will stand up against this infringement of their God-given rights," Falwell said.
Falwell said this has also drawn attention to the fluid border that has existed since West Virginia seceded from Virginia during the Civil War.
Dating back to when the war was tearing families and communities apart, the opportunity for counties in Virginia to join the ranks of those in West Virginia has remained an open invitation to this day. While action by the legislature in both states, and possibly even the U.S. Congress, might still be required, the palpable yearning in Virginia for a pathway to greater freedom with our family in West Virginia grows greater by the day. Petitions are already circulating and one group has dubbed the movement VEXIT!
"While there will likely be a robust debate about how cities and counties could leave their home state of Virginia, one thing is absolutely certain: many counties are taking a long, hard look at escaping the barbaric, totalitarian, and corrupt Democratic regime in Richmond that is trampling on individual rights throughout the state," Falwell added.
"We stand strongly for the second amendment and stand strongly for the unborn," Gov. Justice said. "West Virginia stands with open arms."
Gov. Justice said that each locality in Virginia would have to put a referendum on the ballot in November and voters would have to decide. Falwell said he was told that there has to be a petition, that would then go to the Board of Supervisors or City Council, then would be added to the ballot in November.
Then it would go to the General Assembly.
"If the groundswell of support grows for counties and cities to leave, what’s also certain is that they will be joining the Mountain State miracle that Governor Jim Justice has engineered with the help of his good friend, President Donald Trump," Falwell said.
Virginia has divided peacefully twice already to create the Commonwealth of Kentucky in 1792 and the State of West Virginia in 1863. I hope history will also record one day how Virginia divided once again in our decade because the interests of those in Richmond were so divergent from those of us to the west- just as they were with Kentucky and West Virginia. We need a state government that is not elected by federal workers in the suburbs of Washington, DC that will protect our God-given rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and I believe West Virginia will do just that.
Gov. Ralph Northam and Democratic lawmakers have credited their focus on gun control for helping them win full control of the General Assembly for the first time in more than two decades. Virginia has become a key flash point in the national debate over gun violence.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

Keep that offer up till after july first.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post