SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I thought this was a cool photo. Well done Virginia!

What do the yellow bandanas tied to their arms represent? Gadsden flag?

I read on ar15.com that members there were doing that to identify one another.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, SteadyHand, your point is made. Everybody got their shots in. Let's have you and arcwelder unload and show clear.

Come on, guys. Let's put aside our differences in this thread.

To quote Al Capp in The Schmoo, " Once again logic wins."
Cool Cool

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I wonder if those police would do as they're told.

Yep, they absolutely would. They are fueling the black helicopters now and punching in the GPS coordinates.

You have been on SF long enough to know this has been discussed to death. Why be such a downer and be so negative? You know better? Want me to summarize every gun confiscation thread ever? People pontificate on what they want to believe and inside of the first two pages someone blurts out “Katrina!!!!!!” as the holy grail trump card.

Why do people insist on shitting on yesterday’s success? Why? It’s not like what you posted is new or even original.

Hmm. I was thinking Northam doesn't have the power he thinks he does with them. I'll bet they'd disobey.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

one thing I noticed when I got home and watched the local NBC station,

the reporter in a helicopter showed footage of the crowd, at supposedly 1130am, that had only a few people standing where I was , (I was with a group of 7 inside the fence)

later, LesDolt showed similar footage and it was obvious there were more people, not just in the area I was in, but overall from the '1130 ' time shot,

I think a lot of the photos released were from the 9-10 am time frame. not the peak 11 to 12-time frame. I doubt the media, and the state government leadership really want to release accurate photos. just like the pictures of the Trump inauguration.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Here is how the LeftStreamMedia is portraying today. Wow.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UdAOlXrAgLQ

That video certainly displays a big disconnect. Yes, those people marching are in a way "intimidating" the government. However, that's the point of the 2nd Amendment. The government is absolutely supposed to be scared of the citizens if they overreach or become tyrannical.

That was an impressive show of force imo. Most terrorist groups have put up a decent fight with far less.

As for the whole "white supremacist" thing, it again shows a massive disconnect. They can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that normal everyday folks have all this gear and will defend their right to have it. They can only make sense of it by calling them white supremacists.

2020 will be a big moment for everyone. If Virginia votes republican, it will send a message that guns are still the third rail of politics. If they don't, I think we'll see Dems get bolder in other areas of the country and nationally.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
this was the one arrest ?

A 21-year-old Richmond woman was charged Monday with wearing a mask in public following the gun-rights rally in Richmond

The arrest was made about 1.5 hours after the official end of the Lobby Day rally .

I'll bet you it went like this:

Governor Blackface: "F#@*cking shit! Arrest someone, anyone. DO IT NOW!" We need something for the media!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
PASig,

I was thinking along those lines too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diff item

Before the rally, VCDL was discouraging people from bringing long guns. I forget their exact language, but it was something like that would be a bit too extreme for a lobbying rally.

At the time I agreed w VCDL about that.

But after a ton of people said NO - they were bringing their long guns - and having watched a lot of video of the event, I now agree w those who brought them.

It was impactful. w all the displayed firepower, everyone was polite and law abiding.

And I definitely think it added to the message.

I've been wondering how this is going down w Democrat voters who own guns. Some do. I'd like to meet some of them and start to spread the idea they voted the wrong way in the last Virginia election.

that should be part of our "messaging"

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I didn't take a long gun, but seriously thought about it based on the Governors ban on the grounds, just to make a point. I wish I would have.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
PASig,

I was thinking along those lines too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

diff item

Before the rally, VCDL was discouraging people from bringing long guns. I forget their exact language, but it was something like that would be a bit too extreme for a lobbying rally.

At the time I agreed w VCDL about that.

But after a ton of people said NO - they were bringing their long guns - and having watched a lot of video of the event, I now agree w those who brought them.

It was impactful. w all the displayed firepower, everyone was polite and law abiding.

And I definitely think it added to the message.

I've been wondering how this is going down w Democrat voters who own guns. Some do. I'd like to meet some of them and start to spread the idea they voted the wrong way in the last Virginia election.

that should be part of our "messaging"

feel the same,

no so sure I would ever get all dressed up in the tacticool gear, since I am low speed, high drag,

did see one guy with a shooting stool (type used in Service Rifle)

after seeing that, and in hindsight, it would have been nice to see a few guys with Service Rifles, shooting coats etc in a small group on a corner, promoting the sport,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
this was the one arrest ?

A 21-year-old Richmond woman was charged Monday with wearing a mask in public following the gun-rights rally in Richmond

The arrest was made about 1.5 hours after the official end of the Lobby Day rally .

I'll bet you it went like this:

Governor Blackface: "F#@*cking shit! Arrest someone, anyone. DO IT NOW!" We need something for the media!

Only Person Arrested at Virginia Gun Rights Rally Was a Mask-Wearing LGBT Activist

The Left caused the threat at the rally.

Published 13 hours ago

on Jan 20, 2020

By Shane Trejo

Share Tweet Flip

While today’s gun rights rally at the Virginia Capitol was an incredibly peaceful event, there was one masked suspect who was arrested by police, and it turned out to be a far-left LGBT activist.

The Virginia Capitol announced on Monday that 21-year-old Mikaela E. Beschler was arrested at approximately 1:30pm at the 800 block of East Broad Street after being repeatedly warned not to use her bandanna as a mask. She has been charged with one felony count of wearing a mask in public as a result.

Beschler’s Facebook profile is evidence of her far left politics with multiple posts promoting the LGBT agenda. She has made posts blasting President Trump and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as well. She was released shortly after her detention.

Trending: Report: Federal Asset Ordered Terror Attack by Group Allegedly Conspiring to Storm Virginia Capitol

While this infiltrator may have been arrested, the lawful gun owners who showed up to stand for their 2nd Amendment rights were incredibly civil, and made Governor Blackface Northam look absurd for his unconstitutional emergency declaration last week.
take our poll - story continues below

Should Democrats be charged with TREASON for the impeachment scam?

Big League Politics reported on how the rally was an incredible success for the gun rights proponents:

Thousands of Second Amendment activists peacefully rallied at the Virginia Capitol on Monday, January 20, 2020. The rally had a strong police presence.

The focus of the rally was to protest plans by the state’s Democrat-controlled government to pass a litany of gun control legislation.

Although there were fears that the state could experience violence reminiscent to Charlottesville in 2007, the rally finished peacefully around noon, with attendees spilling into the streets, chanting and waving signs.

According to a spokesman for the Capitol police, there were no reports of arrests or injuries as of 11 a.m.

The Richmond protesters came out to send a strong message to legislators.

“The government doesn’t run us, we run the government,” said Kem Regik, a 20-year-old private security officer from northern Virginia who was at the rally peacefully protesting.

President Donald Trump tweeted in support of the protestors’ goals.

“The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are working hard to take away your 2nd Amendment rights,” he tweeted. “This is just the beginning. Don’t let it happen, VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2020!

Virginia gun owners have a lot of momentum now against the war that is being initiated against the gun rights by their state’s Democrats. Expect even more cities and counties to become 2nd Amendment sanctuaries, new sheriffs deputizing citizens to prevent tyranny, and more lawful constitutional militias to spring up in the upcoming weeks.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...aring-lgbt-activist/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Really good show of gun owners in Virginia. 50,000 armed people show up at the Capitol and nothing happens, because gun owners aren't the problem.

The best the media can do is say there was one arrest and the media can't even be honest about that because the person arrested was a counter-protestor at best.

National NBC News last night spun it as white supremacists were arrested ahead of the rally and they may have been thinking about attendeing the rally.

Really? The real story is a bunch of like minded folks showed up armed and cleaned up the trash. No fire fights broke out, no buildings were burned, no cars over turned, no rocks thrown at police, not a single store was looted, etc. In fact, it was the very definition of a peaceable assembly.

Again, well done Virginians.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

National NBC News last night spun it as white supremacists were arrested ahead of the rally and they may have been thinking about attendeing the rally.

Really? The real story is a bunch of like minded folks showed up armed and cleaned up the trash. No fire fights broke out, no buildings were burned, no cars over turned, no rocks thrown at police, not a single store was looted, etc. In fact, it was the very definition of a peaceable assembly.

You just have to accept the fact the we will NEVER, EVER get fair treatment by the MSM and instead have to ignore them and go around them and get the true story out.

Who really is watching NBC News anymore? Maybe a bunch of older people who are stuck in their ways, but the vast majority of people don't even get their news from these dinosaur networks anymore. Screw 'em!

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who really is watching NBC News anymore? Maybe a bunch of older people...

It's what's on before Wheel of Fortune down here. Frown

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
ShakeyKnees, why don’t you throw out that 100% disabled veteran shit a few more times. Get a clue bud. It’s great if you served but that doesn’t give you the right to come in here and shit all over our massive rally in VA, our mods/admins in this forum or excuse your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Ok this is one of the most disrespectful and disgusting posts I have read here or anywhere else for that matter!! Jesus Christ you can't be serious!?! And this goes unchallenged by members or admin?? Guess it didn't reach the threshold of "negative" Roll Eyes

This place doesn't deserve the caliber of someone like Steady Hand. Thank you Steady Hand for a long career of service and I hope God will heal you.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Slight drift.....

If I may make a request when performing a copy/paste of articles from websites (and this has been mentioned in other posts as well)…

I'm just using your post, Mr. downtownnv, as an example, so please don't take it as a personal attack. Imbedded in the copy/paste is extraneous links to other stuff, like:

"take our poll - story continues below

Should Democrats be charged with TREASON for the impeachment scam?"

As users and purveyors of information, please be cognizant of this and take care to edit out the "trash" when you're posting an article from a website. It would REALLY enhance what you post. Many thanks!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
ShakeyKnees, why don’t you throw out that 100% disabled veteran shit a few more times. Get a clue bud. It’s great if you served but that doesn’t give you the right to come in here and shit all over our massive rally in VA, our mods/admins in this forum or excuse your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Ok this is one of the most disrespectful and disgusting posts I have read here or anywhere else for that matter!! Jesus Christ you can't be serious!?! And this goes unchallenged by members or admin?? Guess it didn't reach the threshold of "negative" Roll Eyes

This place doesn't deserve the caliber of someone like Steady Hand. Thank you Steady Hand for a long career of service and I hope God will heal you.

:: sigh ::

So...Virginia, right?

I’m very proud of the way things went. At the rally.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

He's using his disabled veteran status as a shield against criticism of his shitty attitude. Great, he served, he got hurt doing it, that doesn't mean he can't be called out, it's not a get out of douchebag card.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Can we get back on-topic before management locks the thread?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I guess I've failed my duties by not seeing what is apparenty one of the worst posts ever in this forum.

lastmanstanding, did it occur to you to use the report-this-post feature, which is in the bottom right hand corner of every post? Were you too busy envincing righteous indignation to actually give me a chance to intercede?

Listen, I've been a bit under the weather lately and I'm not feeling all that hot today, but even on my best day, I can't read every post in every thread. The Lounge especially has new content each time you refresh the page.

If you look back a page or two, you'll see that I tried to get everyone- member and mod alike- to play nice.

To condemn the administration of this board and the forum itself for some remark or other, while not even being certain- and apparently not even considering- whether I have seen the post or exchange in question, is not fair.

In short, give me a break, huh? Everyone is going to be nice in this thread from now on. Stop shooting at each other, and for God's sake, stop shooting at me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
By the way- you're all welcome here. Say what you want to say. Speak your mind, but do it politely. Step back and take a moment to consider the subject of this thread. Let's just be cool, please.

Posts: 107501 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post