SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Local news this morning showed King Ralph saying he has heard the 22k+ people who showed up on Monday, but also hears the 2 million voters in the state who put Dems in office. I couldn't help wondering if that was code for, "I also hear the 2 million dollars Mikey and the boys sent my way." Roll Eyes

He went on to say that we have to "agree to disagree," yada yada yada. Jiminy Cricket, Ralph! It's pretty darned obvious we disagree!

Compromise is an unknown word to Democrats.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
So I've been thinking about the last few days and Monday in particular and made some observations.

If you all are wondering why this event has dropped out of the news cycle so fast...it's because we completely destroyed some long standing narratives.

1) We're just a bunch of entitled old white men.

Nope..we are concerned citizens from all walks of life. Races, colors, creeds....on the 2A we stand together.

2) White supremacists control the gun narrative.

Nope. See above. If there were white supremacists in the crowd, they sure kept their mouths shut.

3) Guns are inherently dangerous.

Nope. I believe a more accurate number of those attending would be in the nature of 50-60 thousand. 10,000 were on the capital grounds unarmed. That leaves a whole lot of folks who attended armed and not one single negligent discharge.

4) Gun owners are a bunch of extremists intent on violence.

Nope. See above.

Some other observations on security and police activity.

First let me say that in the majority, the police kept their cool and worked hard not to incite anything. I appreciate how hard they worked at this. I spent the majority of my time there on a few streets and saw the same officers stationed at the same locations throughout the day. I was there early and saw them take up their positions. When they felt they needed to give direction they were very polite with the exception of one Richmond City cop. About 8am he was in the process of asking some folks to move off the sidewalk and was pretty rude about it. Rude enough that I took note, as did lots of folks around me. Nobody on our side said anything. He wondered away afterwords and throughout the day I scanned the area for him and never saw him again although I saw several others all day long. If I had to guess somebody sent his ass to go issue parking tickets up in the Fan or something.

At this point I am not convinced that there ever were any credible threats to this gathering. If there were, then whoever planned the security is a complete moron. There was one entrance to the Capital grounds and three exits that were around 5 feet wide. The folks that took one for the team and went onto the grounds would have been in major danger had something jumped off. Ten thousand folks trying to get out of a fenced area through small gaps onto blocked streets would have been a disaster. Given the nature of the layout I don't lay this at the feet of the police but directly at the feet of Northam and his emergency order. The fenced area only increased danger.

A word about the one arrest.

That arrest took place a block away from the capital grounds on Broad street at 1:30pm. I have no doubt the girl asked for it. She was reportedly asked twice to remove her bandana. I would just like to point out that on the rally area proper there were hundreds of folks who wore masks throughout the day and I never saw anyone address this with them. Again it's a completely different thing to address an unarmed 21 year old girl over something frivolous than it is to address thousands of armed folks over the same thing.

After the rally several Richmond Police came into my hotel for coffee. I thanked them for doing a good job and they all had two things to say. "Thanks" and "It was cold". Yes. Yes it was.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Given that the Democrats ran roughshod over the pro-2A crowd in yesterdays bloodbath Assembly session, as expected, the next step it seems to me is to begin a "one and done" campaign against the incumbents:

"This is the cost of infringing civil liberties. You will be voted out of office the next election, and your replacements will be working hard to reverse your actions."

Hell, I might even start running myself.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Given that the Democrats ran roughshod over the pro-2A crowd in yesterdays bloodbath Assembly session, as expected, the next step it seems to me is to begin a "one and done" campaign against the incumbents:

"This is the cost of infringing civil liberties. You will be voted out of office the next election, and your replacements will be working hard to reverse your actions."

Hell, I might even start running myself.

The Democrats view on the rally was, look at all those people we need to disarm.

Thunderson, thank you for the writeup.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
One thing we must keep in mind: The war didn’t end with Lobby Day, it has just begun. Flood those email accounts, write letters, light up those phones. If they refuse to wise up then let’s make them nervous and uncomfortable about their future in politics.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
^ Absolutely

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used the VCDL mail-blast posted above, this morning.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
keep it ups, along with the vcdl emails. besure to email about popular vote for federal and governor elections. Here are the Del and Sen emails. besure to use bcc and send out your own email blasts.

DelDAdams@house.virginia.gov
bcc: DelLAird@house.virginia.gov,
DelLAdams@house.virginia.gov,
DelAAskew@house.virginia.gov,
DelJAvoli@house.virginia.gov,
DelHAyala@house.virginia.gov,
DelLBagby@house.virginia.gov,
DelABatten@house.virginia.gov,
DelRBell@house.virginia.gov,
DelRBloxom@house.virginia.gov,
DelJBourne@house.virginia.gov,
DelEBrewer@house.virginia.gov,
DelDBulova@house.virginia.gov,
DelKByron@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCampbell@house.virginia.gov,
DelRCampbell@house.virginia.gov,
DelBCarr@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCarrollFoy@house.virginia.gov,
DelLCarter@house.virginia.gov,
DelJCole@house.virginia.gov,
DelMCole@house.virginia.gov,
DelCCollins@house.virginia.gov,
DELKConvirs-Fowler@house.virginia.gov,
DelKCox@house.virginia.gov,
DelCCoyner@house.virginia.gov,
DelGDavis@house.virginia.gov,
DelKDelaney@house.virginia.gov,
DelJEdmunds@house.virginia.gov,
DelMFariss@house.virginia.gov,
DelEFiller-Corn@house.virginia.gov,
DelBFowler@house.virginia.gov,
DelNFreitas@house.virginia.gov,
DelTGilbert@house.virginia.gov,
DelWGooditis@house.virginia.gov,
DelNGuy@house.virginia.gov,
DelEGuzman@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHayes@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHead@house.virginia.gov,
DelDHelmer@house.virginia.gov,
DelSHeretick@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHerring@house.virginia.gov,
DelKHodges@house.virginia.gov,
DelPHope@house.virginia.gov,
DelSHudson@house.virginia.gov,
DelCHurst@house.virginia.gov,
DelCJenkins@house.virginia.gov,
DelJJones@house.virginia.gov,
DelMKeam@house.virginia.gov,
DelTKilgore@house.virginia.gov,
DelBKnight@house.virginia.gov,
DelKKory@house.virginia.gov,
DelPKrizek@house.virginia.gov,
DelDLaRock@house.virginia.gov,
DelJLeftwich@house.virginia.gov,
DelMLevine@house.virginia.gov,
DelJLindsey@house.virginia.gov,
DelALopez@house.virginia.gov,
DelDMarshall@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMcGuire@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMcNamara@house.virginia.gov,
DelDMcQuinn@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMiyares@house.virginia.gov,
DelJMorefield@house.virginia.gov,
DelMMugler@house.virginia.gov,
DelMMullin@house.virginia.gov,
DelKMurphy@house.virginia.gov,
DelIOQuinn@house.virginia.gov,
DelBOrrock@house.virginia.gov,
DelKPlum@house.virginia.gov,
DelCPoindexter@house.virginia.gov,
DelMPrice@house.virginia.gov,
DelMRansone@house.virginia.gov,
DelSRasoul@house.virginia.gov,
DelDReid@house.virginia.gov,
DelRRobinson@house.virginia.gov,
DelDRoem@house.virginia.gov,
DelCRunion@house.virginia.gov,
DelNRush@house.virginia.gov,
DelISamirah@house.virginia.gov,
DelDScott@house.virginia.gov,
DelMSickles@house.virginia.gov,
DelMSimon@house.virginia.gov,
DelSSimonds@house.virginia.gov,
DelSSubramanyam@house.virginia.gov,
DelRSullivan@house.virginia.gov,
DelLTorian@house.virginia.gov,
DelKTran@house.virginia.gov,
DelRTyler@house.virginia.gov,
DELSVanValkenburg@house.virginia.gov,
DelWWalker@house.virginia.gov,
DelWWampler@house.virginia.gov,
DelJWard@house.virginia.gov,
DelLWare@house.virginia.gov,
DelVWatts@house.virginia.gov,
DelMWebert@house.virginia.gov,
DelRWillett@house.virginia.gov,
DelTWilt@house.virginia.gov,
DelTWright@house.virginia.gov,
DelSWyatt@house.virginia.gov,
district39@senate.virginia.gov,
district13@senate.virginia.gov,
district33@senate.virginia.gov,
district38@senate.virginia.gov,
district11@senate.virginia.gov,
district14@senate.virginia.gov,
district25@senate.virginia.gov,
district08@senate.virginia.gov,
district12@senate.virginia.gov,
district30@senate.virginia.gov,
district21@senate.virginia.gov,
district31@senate.virginia.gov,
district24@senate.virginia.gov,
district10@senate.virginia.gov,
district32@senate.virginia.gov,
district07@senate.virginia.gov,
district06@senate.virginia.gov,
district02@senate.virginia.gov,
district18@senate.virginia.gov,
district37@senate.virginia.gov,
district01@senate.virginia.gov,
district09@senate.virginia.gov,
district04@senate.virginia.gov,
district29@senate.virginia.gov,
district16@senate.virginia.gov,
district23@senate.virginia.gov,
district03@senate.virginia.gov,
district26@senate.virginia.gov,
district22@senate.virginia.gov,
district34@senate.virginia.gov,
district40@senate.virginia.gov,
district17@senate.virginia.gov,
district15@senate.virginia.gov,
district35@senate.virginia.gov,
district05@senate.virginia.gov,
district20@senate.virginia.gov,
district28@senate.virginia.gov,
district19@senate.virginia.gov,
district36@senate.virginia.gov,
district27@senate.virginia.gov

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a double post, but it seems to belong in both threads. Longer version also in President Trump thread

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...th-gun-control-push/

Trump: Northam Putting Virginia ‘in Play’ with Gun Control Push

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's what I saw, but quite a few more folks with sticks.

---------------------

What is the consensus of having a very large number of people in VA getting on the ballot?

As far as I know, the filing fee may be 2% of the base salary for the office being sought, and possibly the requirement for signatures to petition.

That said, if tens of thousands of people in VA all sought to be on the ballot, would it have any effect on bringing attention to what the anti-patriots-in-office are doing and trying to do?

Just wondering if it would be a viable means of putting them on notice, building support base and getting people educated and aware of the shenanigans.

Sometimes taking an illogical approach becomes a logical means.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The war didn’t end with Lobby Day, it has just begun. Flood those email accounts, write letters, light up those phones.

quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
keep it ups, along with the vcdl emails. be sure to email about popular vote for federal and governor elections. Here are the Del and Sen emails. be sure to use bcc and send out your own email blasts.

ABSOLUTELY!!

And thank you DSgrouse for the list.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wondering if it would be a viable means of putting them on notice, building support base and getting people educated and aware of the shenanigans.

According to Virginia Constitutional Conservatives one of the best ways to put them on notice is the do just that. One of the methods they use is to simply tell whatever politician they are speaking to that "We came for one of two things...your vote or your seat. If we don't get one we'll take the other." Razz

Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

I was on the phone with my better half checking in when this scene showed up. The cheers from the crowd and the chants of "USA" made the hair on my arms stand up. It was one of the highlights of the day for me.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:...
According to Virginia Constitutional Conservatives one of the best ways to put them on notice is the do just that. One of the methods they use is to simply tell whatever politician they are speaking to that "We came for one of two things...your vote or your seat. If we don't get one we'll take the other." Razz

Thanks. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
So I've been thinking about the last few days and Monday in particular and made some observations.

If you all are wondering why this event has dropped out of the news cycle so fast...it's because we completely destroyed some long standing narratives.

1) We're just a bunch of entitled old white men.

Nope..we are concerned citizens from all walks of life. Races, colors, creeds....on the 2A we stand together.

2) White supremacists control the gun narrative.

Nope. See above. If there were white supremacists in the crowd, they sure kept their mouths shut.

3) Guns are inherently dangerous.

Nope. I believe a more accurate number of those attending would be in the nature of 50-60 thousand. 10,000 were on the capital grounds unarmed. That leaves a whole lot of folks who attended armed and not one single negligent discharge.

4) Gun owners are a bunch of extremists intent on violence.

Nope. See above.

Some other observations on security and police activity.

First let me say that in the majority, the police kept their cool and worked hard not to incite anything. I appreciate how hard they worked at this. I spent the majority of my time there on a few streets and saw the same officers stationed at the same locations throughout the day. I was there early and saw them take up their positions. When they felt they needed to give direction they were very polite with the exception of one Richmond City cop. About 8am he was in the process of asking some folks to move off the sidewalk and was pretty rude about it. Rude enough that I took note, as did lots of folks around me. Nobody on our side said anything. He wondered away afterwords and throughout the day I scanned the area for him and never saw him again although I saw several others all day long. If I had to guess somebody sent his ass to go issue parking tickets up in the Fan or something.

At this point I am not convinced that there ever were any credible threats to this gathering. If there were, then whoever planned the security is a complete moron. There was one entrance to the Capital grounds and three exits that were around 5 feet wide. The folks that took one for the team and went onto the grounds would have been in major danger had something jumped off. Ten thousand folks trying to get out of a fenced area through small gaps onto blocked streets would have been a disaster. Given the nature of the layout I don't lay this at the feet of the police but directly at the feet of Northam and his emergency order. The fenced area only increased danger.

A word about the one arrest.

That arrest took place a block away from the capital grounds on Broad street at 1:30pm. I have no doubt the girl asked for it. She was reportedly asked twice to remove her bandana. I would just like to point out that on the rally area proper there were hundreds of folks who wore masks throughout the day and I never saw anyone address this with them. Again it's a completely different thing to address an unarmed 21 year old girl over something frivolous than it is to address thousands of armed folks over the same thing.

After the rally several Richmond Police came into my hotel for coffee. I thanked them for doing a good job and they all had two things to say. "Thanks" and "It was cold". Yes. Yes it was.

great write up,

I was one of those inside the fence,

one group came marching thru before the speakers holding a couple small banners and chanting 'no white supremacy' and something else similar,

funny thing is the only person that was paying them any attention was the news guy from whoknowswhere that jumped in front of them and started speaking into a camera,,

no one else seemed to care,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I agree that is a great write up. I can proudly say I was there and part of one of the best assemblies of people I have ever seen.

I ran in to two women and man who were very well dressed. We started talking and I asked if they were lobbyist. One of the women said no, just concerned citizens that had come to lobby for another cause other than guns. She said she was intimidated at first seeing all the guns, then she said she started listening to people, talking with them and decided she had nothing to fear. She said they don't own a gun, but that may now change and she got a Guns Save Lives sticker and proudly wore it in support of her new friends.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SB240 is now out of the senate.

Fire up those emails everyone.

I am glad to see pressure has caused dunnavant to vote with the republicans. We need to keep the pressure up on all of them, but her included.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
If any of you guys follow Sootch on youtube he was at the rally on Monday. I did get to meet him when I headed down a few blocks to get some air.

I'm posting his video because it really shows the number of folks on the side streets like 9th and Franklin that really didn't get much by way of photos and illustrates why the 22,000 number is light. It's worth a watch.

posted Hide Post