SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Let the message of the upcoming election be as undeniable and un-spinable as the 2016 so even the Left which loves and lives lies must admit at least to themselves their balls-out blitz to tyranny is rejected and freedom loving people everywhere know who they are now and are watching them like a hawk.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that the gathering was orderly and did not have any violence--any such would certainly have worked against the purpose of it.

I have not heard--was the location left clean or littered? (Hopefully clean)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, SteadyHand, your point is made. Everybody got their shots in. Let's have you and arcwelder unload and show clear.

Come on, guys. Let's put aside our differences in this thread.

Sorry Para, I was typing my reply as yours posted.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'm glad that the gathering was orderly and did not have any violence--any such would certainly have worked against the purpose of it.

I have not heard--was the location left clean or littered? (Hopefully clean)

flashguy

Cleaner than we found it.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
ShakeyKnees, why don’t you throw out that 100% disabled veteran shit a few more times. Get a clue bud. It’s great if you served but that doesn’t give you the right to come in here and shit all over our massive rally in VA, our mods/admins in this forum or excuse your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Damn fellows we are all on the same side.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Full Northam comment:

https://www.wsls.com/news/loca...bby-day-in-richmond/

Gov. Ralph Northam has released a statement after Lobby Day in Richmond.

One person was arrested during an otherwise peaceful demonstration Monday at the Capitol that drew more than 20,000 people.

Below is Northam’s full statement:

"We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

Virginia’s law enforcement and first responders demonstrated tremendous professionalism. I’m proud of their work. I have spoken with Colonel Settle of the State Police, Colonel Pike of the Capitol Police, and Chief Smith of the Richmond Police Department, as well as leaders of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney’s office, and thanked them for keeping Virginia safe.

Thousands of people came to Richmond to make their voices heard. Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully. The issues before us evoke strong emotions, and progress is often difficult. I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

side comment: David Archer was the lead FBI agent supporting Mueller's phony Russia collusion investigation. David Archer is now the head of Richmond's FBI

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
ShakeyKnees, why don’t you throw out that 100% disabled veteran shit a few more times. Get a clue bud. It’s great if you served but that doesn’t give you the right to come in here and shit all over our massive rally in VA, our mods/admins in this forum or excuse your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Damn fellows we are all on the same side.

We sure are, and this _whole_ time, what I've been saying is let the VA members be positive, and show support. This isn't a thread for "the sky is falling," and I don't think that attitude is particularly welcome here generally.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cleaner than we found it.

When I was watching the Breitbart livestream towards the end, I saw some guys in the background picking stickers off the pavement. At the time I thought someone must have a bunch of them, no need for used ones. Now I know they were part of the clean up crew. Great job to all. We all know how trashed up places are after leftists have an event.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I just drove up 9th st. Empty trash bags hanging on the temp fencing because just like every meeting of patriots I've been to, we clean up after ourselves and leave the place looking better than when we left it.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
your bullshit cut and run attitude.

Seemer: you do recognize my forefathers, your forefathers, our forefathers, "cut and run" from England...thank God for them.

Leaving Massachusetts healed my family...thank God. That's not a cowardly move to me.

Would healing your family be cowardly to you?

I would posit that staying, avoiding the cost of being upside down in a mortgage and other moving troubles, at the expense of one's family's health would be cowardly...

In other words, from my perspective, staying (the easy thing to do) would have been more cowardly than struggling off to another land far, far away.

So, am I really a coward? My family thanks me. I thank God they are healthy now.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
One person was arrested during an otherwise peaceful demonstration Monday at the Capitol that drew more than 20,000 people.

One that appears to be an Antifa member or something - not from Virginia as reported, but from Colorado, according to her Facebook page. She refused to unmask. 21-year-old Mikaela E. Beschler.

https://m.facebook.com/VACapit...osts/110037593873526

quote:

Below is Northam’s full statement:

"We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

The police didn't de-escalate anything, because it was never escalated. Northam is not used to being surrounded by people that are able to control their emotions and act rationally. He is used to being around democrats, who are completely devoid of rationality and completely disconnected from their conscience.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, I think you ll be by far better by quitting while you are ahead, pal.

Right or wrong, you just need to let it go.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
The police didn't de-escalate anything, because it was never escalated.

These LEOs would agree.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hey I agree with AOC for once:

"And that image conveys it all, conveys it all"

Hopefully she sleeps on it and understands it does convey it all. For the record, I don't recall seeing a single Confederate flag.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/NbIDExpUuYI

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
There are a bunch of people I'd like to single out for recognition.

I do not know their names, but they were on a couple of live streams I watched.

These were the folks with trash bags.

Who on their own hook were going around and picking up every scrap of rubbish, every cigarette butt, and every "Guns Save Lives" stickers that were attached to things other than people (e.g., lamp posts, manhole covers, road surfaces).

Those people truly show what responsible gun ownership is all about.

If I knew their names, I'd be looking for a way to get them the recognition they deserve.

This deserves quoting in whole for emphasis. It’s folks like this who show up for “range cleaning days, picking up staples and shredded target pieces and other garbage who realize that not everyone’s going to do it and some of us just need to be good community members. That the 2A community attracts such people is absolutely worth highlighting.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Honestly I think anyone who considered it was likely shocked at the sights of a visibly well armed populace.

It's one thing to start fights and throw liquid on people when maybe 1 out of 100 may have a firearm, but when the majority of peaceful gals & guns are decked out and any one of them can kill you 100 times over, it likely took any wind out of their sails.

Brings this quote to my mind - “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Also deserves a full quote. This was on my mind all day. I saw much mention of very positive interactions with the VSP and other police on-site, and that they were thanking our people for not spitting on them, throwing rocks at them, and passing out hand warmers and jokes instead. The 2A community that showed up the Richmond today made a fantastic accounting of themselves, and hopefully by extension, the rest of us as well.

Likely, there were bad actors and people thinking about trying to stir something up, but when you’re nut-to-butt with a sea of armed people ready and capable of turning you into meatsauce, your expectations get tempered a bit. This is why leftist rallies are violent and conservative rallies are peaceful and everyone’s polite and if you weren’t there, it feels like you missed out on a great time. And yes, and armed populace is a polite populace. When “is this worth dying for immediately” is a question in your mind, the equation changes.

There could not have been a more stark contrast from the way the leftists try to lobby or “peacefully assemble” and the way ya’ll did today.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ha, that's great. Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
All respect, SteadyHand.
Like wise and thank you sir.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I looked for things to clean up and I found a total of one sticker on the ground to pick up. It was already quite clean and we made an effort to pick up even that which was there before we arrived in town. You guys are absolutely right, it shows a level of integrity far beyond most gatherings we see in these times.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

This is the kind of brotherhood that I long for in this nation.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post