SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1984 Celica Supra...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1984 Celica Supra... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One of my customers has one just like that in his garage, never driven in the winter and very low miles in the summer. Premium condition.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
One of my customers has one just like that in his garage, never driven in the winter and very low miles in the summer. Premium condition.

You should show him the crazy numbers on this one so he can make some good money while the auctions are hot for Toyota Supras

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I had an '89 Turbo.
Black with the rad targa roof, leather , and all the options.
One of the coolest cars I've ever owned.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Auctions up. Did you win?

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
A sleeper car that was very similar in appearance was the Isuzu Impulse turbo. My uncle had one I’m and it seemed very quick to my 6th grade self.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Brings back memories, I had the 1985 S model, I think I paid around $17.5k brand new off the lot. Loved that car.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Auctions up. Did you win?

The site shows the winning bidder. If his handle is the same there as here, he did not.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
This was my '82 that I bought new. The only Toyota I've ever owned. Very reliable, reasonably quick. I think it was about $15.5K MSRP. It was only a week or so old when this picture was taken.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
27k orig miles is why.

From the windshield back, it’s a Celica. Much easier parts to come by.

Windshield forward, body parts are hard to find and expensive.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
The Supra has always been one of my favorites. My neighbor had one across the street when I first started driving, but hers was late-70's vintage.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Man, that got intense at the end!

But I could tell that the other guy just would not stop. After I threw down $35K and he immediately came back with $35,250 I said forget it, he can have it.

I’ll still be on the lookout for one but I may have hosed myself by bidding this nice one up so high!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
This was my '82 that I bought new. The only Toyota I've ever owned. Very reliable, reasonably quick. I think it was about $15.5K MSRP. It was only a week or so old when this picture was taken.

That was double the money I paid for my 1982 Celica ST, which was the base model. In today's dollars my car was $20K, yours - $40K. I drove my Celica 175K miles, clutch, front pads and rear shoes were original and not worn out.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
Man, that got intense at the end!

But I could tell that the other guy just would not stop. After I threw down $35K and he immediately came back with $35,250 I said forget it, he can have it.

I’ll still be on the lookout for one but I may have hosed myself by bidding this nice one up so high!

So far nothing I’ve bid on there stayed reasonable in price. I thought I was getting a nice 90’s dually diesel some time ago but I think the price shot up 10k in the last 30 minutes. Everything else I’ve bid on goes for way too much. There are occasionally some decent prices on AMG Mercedes.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
We used to call it the "Japanese Ferrari".

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
I bought in 1985 a red Supra with moon roof (color and roof were the 2 options...) and drove 89k miles in 28 years. It only cost me 1 set of tires and a clutch. Other piddly things I did using the Service Manual. Best $29 I spent! Stainless steel exhaust --never replaced any part of it.
My only grip was it needed 25-30 more ponies. But once out of 1st, 2nd was powerful--for a 8 second car. Tracked it at Watkins Glen; they let me run it & fun was had

Toward the end, the car got lower...mostly my perspective, and needed about $4k worth of lower body work. Even though it was seldom winter driven, time grates on things. Sold it to a young man whose uncle had a old style 3 bay garage. He is still enjoying it.
Much as I still miss it, a Genesis 2.0T Auto is a great replacement

--If some one would direct me to a How To Post A Picture, it would be appreciated

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rustyblade,

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
OK fellas, time for another Celica Supra auction!

This one should start to go crazy in Monday...

Celica auction.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Had two Supras.
Story has been told on the 88 already. Long story short. Son always wanted a Supra, when he became driving age we were going to buy him a car and told him we would give him so much for car. He said if he worked for the rest could he get what he wanted. He worked his tail off and began his search. Found this 88 in Phoenix, he paid for my flight I drove it back to MO. On my eventful drive back (semi purposely tried to run me off the road). Somewhere between Oklahoma City and Tulsa it began blowing oil. I got it home. Asked my son do you want to learn how to rebuild an engine. All summer we spent on pulling parts and bagging. It truly was one of the memorable times for both of us. 10 pm one night we called my wife out for the start-up. Turned the key and nothing. Silence, son said Pops we pulled the ignition fuse. Put the fuse in and it fired right off.

91 we bought a short time later from a local police chief who was selling his deceased fathers car with only 60K miles.
The first photo below I see is being used by Toyotareference.com. Searching 91 Toyota bugandy Pearl. Both the 88 and the 91 were turbos. Fun to drive. The 7mgte engines are stout and capable of some serious HP.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Man, I used to want one of those so bad. My favorite body style for Supras.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Disregard. Accidental repost.

Plato

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Honda CRX Si is my crack of choice there. I try to avoid looking, but now, well, thanks a lot..... Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12419 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post