SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military appreciation Karma - SIG Sauer P229 //// ** WINNER = chellim1 **
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military appreciation Karma - SIG Sauer P229 //// ** WINNER = chellim1 ** Login/Join 
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
Entering on behalf of my son (USMC Veteran). Thanks for the generosity and thanks to all those that serve or have served!

Posts: 601 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Extremely generous!!
Dad served in Vietnam (Army) Grandpa WWII (Army).

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14014 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity. Lots of family members that have served. Uncles on both sides of my family and several cousins included.

I am probably the most proud of my maternal grandfather. He was a giant of a man standing at 6'7. He served in WWII, and saw fighting in Germany. He had a couple of brothers that saw combat as well.

He lost his right arm in a farming accident and almost lost his life. A concerned neighbor seeing an open gate, stopped and found him bleeding out. He fought and survived. His story was actually told in Reader's Digest "Tales of Courage" series.

I really miss him. Thank you Grandpa Wolf for everything.

Thank you to everyone who answered the calls throughout the history of this country.

There is part of a song that I always think is appropriate for today:

"Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground. Mother Earth will swallow you, lay your body down."

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a chance at this! Thank you!

US Army 1986-1994

Posts: 1363 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Very generous karma. Please count me in. My Dad served in Vietnam.

Thanks
Chris

Posts: 1698 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q, you are very generous with your karmas. I would love a chance at this one. I am retired AF, one uncle did two tours in Vietnam (Airborne) and my Grandfather was in an artillery unit in WW II (Africa and Italy).

Thank you!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Thank Q for the chance.

I served 82nd Airborne (ABN/Infantry)
Brother 7th Infantry Division
Dad Infantry and Drill Sergeant.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I would be honored to try for this very generous Karma. USAF 1977-1981. Proud to have served. Thanks for the chance at this most desirable Sig.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10915 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q, super generous karma.

Dad and 3 grandfathers were Army. Grandfathers served in WWII in Europe.

Uncle and 2 cousins were Navy, uncle was in Korea.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q.
USCG 88-11

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11312 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma as always. While I'm not a veteran YET, I will be on about a decade.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6358 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for another fun chance, Q! Grandpas Army, dad Navy!

Posts: 1707 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Thanks for a chance at this very generous karma! Dad was infantry, and was at Omaha Beach in 1944. Dad has been gone 21 years now, and I still miss him every day.
My brother was Green Beret, uncle was USN.

Posts: 1481 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the wonderful karma!

I was in the Army from 1989 to 2017.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 806 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please count me in, thank you.
USMC 1976-1979

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me. US Army 2nd AD(FWD) Thank you and God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
How generous! As I had mentioned in a post earlier this week, Me, my brothers and my dad all served. I don't post a lot here but I am on here several times a day. Keep my opinions to myself and gain wisdom from those who are far more insightful than me. Thanks very much!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 240 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity. US Navy.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1698 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Please put my name in your karma. It is a very generous offer.

United States Marine Corps
1978-1985

Semper Fi

Posts: 540 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q, please count me in.

US Army, 1990s.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12807 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post