SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
LIKE !

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Thanks to our new soldiers on sentry duty. Your commitment to the forum members is appreciated.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:<SNIP>

Para, if we report a post in Clasifieds, will these 3 members be copied on those reports?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Not messin around.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, the permissions for our new team should now be correct. They now have the ability to edit, lock and delete posts/threads, although I don't foresee the need for a lot of that.

For now, the primary thing will be making sure that members using Classifieds (especially those newer or infrequent members who post WTB ads) are aware that they must be skeptical of anyone who contacts them saying "I have what you need."

Also- instructing members the correct and safe way to provide their email address by putting it in the Display Email field of their profile and never posting the email address in the body of their post. BTW, Classifieds or no, posting an email address in a public forum is a sure way to increase the amount of SPAM that address is receiving.

Given the diminished scammer activity at this point, I think we've made good progress, and having a team monitoring Classifieds will discourage the thieves.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see it.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Outstanding.

Thank you.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for getting this done and best wishes to the members taking on this responsibility.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rolin808
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para - and the team for keeping this the great place to hang out.

Everyone has their own personal Demons , I just tend to let mine out

Posts: 709 | Location: Honolulu | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Kudos to all concerned.

When first seeing the thread title my imagination conjured up images of rough riders with electric cattle prods, pitchforks, and coach shotguns. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is the type of thing required, though it's not necessary to go into such detail:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0097394&r=2110097394

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is the type of thing required, though it's not necessary to go into such detail:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0097394&r=2110097394

Saved for future re-use Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
SIGforum stake-out unit.

Great idea.
Thanks to the volunteers for helping out.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You!

Posts: 138 | Location: NoVA | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post

Para, thanks both to you and our new A-Team members.

Question; will our new Classifieds A-Team members be charged with working to enforce all the Classified rules, or will they focus only on schwacking scammer activity?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to the Posse!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Good.

I hate scammers.

I love this forum.

I have made many transactions here where I know the person and would gladly send them an envelop full of cash (because I've chatted with them for 20 years).

I think this is a great idea,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes, kudos!

Posts: 7232 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Thank you to Para and the members who are taking on the new responsibilities.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post