SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Yep. I hardly use the classifieds but it's a treat to know we have people keeping it clean. And kudos to Para for having the wisdom to delegate and share the work.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping this place better than so damn many.
Keep up the great work.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
para,

When we see something like ->this<-, where the OP hasn't responded to follow-ups in ±48 hours, should be intervene, as you did, or hit the "report" button on it and let you handle it?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Boom. The Eagle has landed.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
When we see something like ->this<-, where the OP hasn't responded to follow-ups in ±48 hours, should be intervene, as you did, or hit the "report" button on it and let you handle it?
Just let me know about it. As you can see in this instance, there's more to it than meets the eye.

This is a vendor who is on their way out, and as sure as I'm typing this, I'll get an email three or four months from now, asking what happened. As I said in that post, I just love to have my time wasted. This is especially true when dealing with someone who asks aquestion and then ignores the response completely.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Not to mention one can buy the same pistol brand new for the same price from Armsunlimited using a CC.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Not to mention one can buy the same pistol brand new for the same price from Armsunlimited using a CC.
armsunlimited- now there's a company which was on my shit list for a few years. As a matter of fact, if you had tried to post the name of that business a few months ago, your post would have got caught by the moderation queue and I wouldn't have let it through.

The problem started when I bought a "Colt" BCG from them, and it didn't appear to be a Colt part; it did not bear the markings one would expect of a Colt BCG. I contacted them and told them I was going to return it and they didn't want to take it back, so I disputed the charge with my CC company. Ultimately armsunlimited acquiesced while still insisting this was a Colt part. They took back the BCG and my money was refunded, but the damage was done, and for years, their business name did not appear on the pages of this forum. It is safe to assume that I managed to prevent at least a few sales they would have made otherwise.

They had also accused me- after they got their BCG back- that the part showed evidence of having been used, which is a flat-out Goddamned lie. As soon as I took the BCG out of the package and examined it, I put is aside and began my efforts to return it. Their accusation was uncalled for, especially since the refund had already credited to my card. What was the point of making such an accusation? That's what really tore it for me.

Finally, I realized what was going on. armsunlimited did obtain the BCG from Colt. It was Colt and not armsunlimited which was the problem. Colt is now obtaining OEM parts from a variety of vendors. This is part and parcel of the decline of Colt's reputation and the quality of the parts they use in their AR15s, so I took armsunlimited off the naughty list.

The deceptive, dishonest drop-shipping vendor Optics Planet is still on the list, as well as the just plain weird Botach.

posted Hide Post
Wow, terrible communication, zero.
The way I read it, it falls on Colt.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
yep....lots of Colt stuff I have gotten recently has been sub-par. Bought a pair of upper receivers from Brownells...same SKU mind-you as one I got a couple years back with Square forge code and Colt CAGE. The pair I got a few months back...no such markings and visible wear in the ano, like A4 takeoffs or something sold as surplus. Needless to say, they went back for a full refund and I ordered a pair from Damage Industries (top notch vendor); they were nicer and no reason to pay a 3x more "Colt" premium for not Colt parts

edit: https://www.brownells.com/rifl...6.aspx?sku=160302053

See the pic? Yeah, that's what they USED to look like. No C, no CAGE and rough condition. Premium price and nothing Colt nor premium about it

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The newer rules and extra eyeballs on the classified's has certainly helped a lot.
The more recent issues seem to have been low post count users. I know there is a requirement to be involved in more than just transactions and a minimum post count of time here but they still manage to post.
I don't know what specific restrictions can help any more without being too restrictive.
Members watching and reporting anything suspicious seems to be the only realistic (but partial) solution.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Para has not posted the Final Classifieds rules, yet. That's why any noobs can just come on and post their trinkets for sale.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Jared" has been removed from the forum and all his posts deleted.

After he joined last year, he contacted me and said that he was unhappy with gunbroker fees, so he was trying to get more exposure outside of GB. He asked what was required of dealers in this forum and I told him that we require from dealers the same as we require from non-dealers, and that's to be a real member of this forum, and not someone who comes here just for the free bandwidth to sell their stuff. He never complied and to make things worse, he posted ads in Classifieds that he failed to monitor, resulting in frustration and wasted time for our members.

Members were trying to buy things from him and he didn't even read the ad he posted, just like he never read the email I sent him in response to his initial query. I didn't send him a canned response I had copied and pasted from some previous conversation with someone else. I sent him a personal, detailed response and he didn't have the courtesy to even respond. A complete waste of time for all involved. Ain't that great?

Good riddance

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of the little business I used to run out of the house was talking to folks on the forum.

Hal from MN, he was a fantastic man. Jljones would educate me from time to time, always felt like I was unqualified to be in that conversation. But that's how we learn right.

Not having the personal connection would have made it like real work for me. Guess that's why I never made it out of house with the business.

Doesn't sound like anyone is missing out with Jared being gone.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Just let me know about it.
Let's amend this. Those of you on the Classifieds team can feel free to post in any ad where it appears a seller is not responding, and ask them if they are monitoring their ad. If you get no response within 24 hours, let me know about it.

Anyone who cannot or will not check their ad at least once a day should post their items elsewhere. One thing I've noticed is that if a seller is not monitoring ad ad they place in this forum, it usually means that they have posted it on many other gun forums, which violates our rules.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Jared" was also banned from the other SIG site. Good riddance is right.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shocked, I'm shocked, I tell you!

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I love it when members DTRT, obviating the need for us to intervene.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Awesome initiative to keep the classified goin strong and give us sig fans a place to sell, buy and trade with fellow sig fans.

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Para,

Just sent you an email.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thank you, and thanks to them for all of your time, and hard work

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post