SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum now has a team of members patrolling Classifieds Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's a chance for members of our new team to try out their tools in order to make sure things are working for them:

This should be locked: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/8740067294

This should be deleted: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1600077394

Locks are reversible, but regarding deletions, make certain there appears to be no need to retain a thread (for instance, if there is a dispute about a transaction and the OP requests deletion. In such a case, it would be better to lock it and give it some time)

Why bother at all? Because the first page of Classifieds is prime real estate, where active ads should take precedence. Housekeeping, plain and simple.

Posts: 98512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I didn't see this until after the one you said should be deleted was, well, deleted

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 22966 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Boss, what, if anything should we do about things like this: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...290018394#6290018394

As you can see: I warned him. I'm guessing he saw it, because he did add a display email address, but his email address remains in the advert.

Should I edit it for him, or let him (possibly) learn the hard way?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
"The dominant media is no more ``mainstream`` than leftists are liberals." -- me

Posts: 22966 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Give him until this evening and if he doesn't respond, you can edit the post.

That's merely a courtesy, because the damage is done already, of course. The spiders have surely picked up that address.

When it comes to a member's ad, it's always preferable to allow the member to do the editing, but if they don't respond within a reasonable time, have at it.

posted Hide Post
Imagine how on top of everything we’d be if we could run our Country like this forum?! Kick ass!

Posts: 5071 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for taking this on.

Posts: 2967 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If it chambers, fire it
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Strong move.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5664 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Para, would this be something that should be deleted after a suitable length of time: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...890068394#8890068394 ? If so: How long?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Longtime member, several hundred posts. You can delete it now if you like.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you (new and old) putting in the time for other members.

Posts: 1806 | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post