SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maligator Takes Down Felon
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maligator Takes Down Felon Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
If you wanna hear something retarded, the sheriff's officers here have to write an additional 'justification' report if one of their dogs is allowed to stay on the garbage they're chasing for more than 6 seconds (have no idea where that 6 second number came from). Since they all wear body cams, management has a way to monitor how long the dogs are on scumbags. As I've mentioned to the K9 guys I've met, I'm good with six minutes. Six seconds, not so much.

Must be because if he stays on for 8 seconds, you got to give him a belt buckle. Big Grin

This was the funniest damn thing i read tonight!

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Those dogs are just aching to chase someone, aren't they?

They are trained for it man, extensively. They have massive verts. My Mal can touch her front paws almost 7 feet of my 8 ft privacy fence. Chain link or 6 ft fence she can get over it.

They are like working line GSD’s with an extra set of batteries. The recoup time between work is insane. Literally an all day working dog.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12655 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:

Imagine a K9 handler with a HEAVY southern/texas accent...A buddy of mine was a US Army MP/K9 handler with a texas accent. It was hilarious to hear him training with his K9. When he gave the commands he would pick up a fake German accent in Texan (Texas accent) no less.

Some K9s and Schutzhund dogs are trained to "Automatic Out" as well as out (Aus) on command. An Automatic Out is when the dog will release when the subject stops resisting/struggling. I cannot imagine how you could stop resisting when you've got a MaliGator attached to your body. If/when the dog does perform the automatic out, they are trained to bark and hold. A bark and hold is basically what it sounds like. The dog barks at the dirtbag until Daddy (the K9 Officer or the dog's handler) gets there.

I too have worn the bite sleave on ocassion when training Schutzhund. The club I belonged to was 90% Rottweilers. Imagine having your back to the blind (like 1/2 a teepee) with a 100 pound Rottie doing a bark and hold...He/she is likely drooling, usually in an almost sit but with their ass bouncing off the ground in rythem with their bark AND that big ol' bucket heat at CROTCH level inches away from the twig and berries. Big Grin BTDT

I’ve done it too. Behind a blind, here it comes, bark and hold. Some scary shit when one of the handlers has a Sch III titled dog (male) that is less than 24 months old. I’ve worked with Rotts, Dobes, Dutchies, GSD’s, and Mals. The Mals are the scariest, they just enjoy it that much more. Some can get real stubborn and retaliate on corrections.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12655 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Now that’s what I call a Scooby snack Wink

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
He didn't look too happy about letting go.

Good Boy!

They never are! It’s a big game with a reward at the end!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Shame the dog didn't bite him in the balls so the worthless piece of shit wouldn't be able to breed (again?).

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post