SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maligator Takes Down Felon
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maligator Takes Down Felon Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Give Rambo some steaks tonight

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
He was hollerin like it hurt. OMG, hope I'm not being cruel if I find the humor in that.. Big Grin. Wish we could have seen when he first locked on. Those dogs seem laser fast.

I think Rambo was latched on the crybabies arm with CB on one side of the fence and Rambo and arm on the other until Rambo got his toenails dug in and got over the fence.

Yeah, stupid is supposed to hurt. And that boy had a lot of stupid going on. <<<<<----- (not Rambo...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43920 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Is it procedure to just let go of the leash?
Dog could get hung up or injured.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
What was the fence count on that. 3 fences the dog jumped? Look like he got em halfway over the wood fence. Super impressive.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8228 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perpalicious!! Good pup Rambo!!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
You did a good job Rambo....Good Boy! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8950 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Serious question.

Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

Serious answer. The Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission sets minimum standards for all law enforcement training. The Florida Administrative Code lays out training certification requirements for canine teams, which includes a minimum of 480 hours of certification training and continued maintenance of training standards. The US Police Canine Association certification standards heavily influence the state standards. Most canine teams do nothing but train one shift per week. The canine recall is a key element of the training and a lot of that 480 hours is spent on recalls after being given the command to apprehend. The dog is trained to hold the suspect and not release until the handler commands him to out. The team must also demonstrate that the dog can be recalled at any point during the pursuit; failure to recall is a failure for the team. A bite on the wrong person is a really bad thing and will result in remedial training and re-evaluation of the team. The dogs are trained to apprehend only upon command, except when there is gunfire or if the handler is being attacked.

The dual personality of these dogs is incredible to see.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
That video made my day! Thanks for posting. Smile

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must be because if he stays on for 8 seconds, you got to give him a belt buckle.

Internet win for today! Big Grin

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
HayesGreener, thank you very much.

That kind of training was my understanding based on conversations with professionals, and your explanation implies the answer to my concern.

To fine tune my inquiry, if the officer has lost sight of the canine and the subject, and does not issue a recall,

is there anything the subject can do to surrender to the canine, without a bite, before the officer arrives?

Hands on head? Prone out?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The suspect seemed perfectly cooperative. As a matter of fact, he seemed downright eager to cooperate.

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this one on Live PD from Florida. Here is the long clip of body cam from YouTube.

Deputy grabs one, sends the dog after the other. The other seems really happy to see the deputy, he definitely complied with the dog.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4bOAQDr0Ss

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Several points...

The agility of working dogs never ceases to amaze me.
I like how Rambo assisted in getting the arm behind suspects back. Good dog.
How about the dipshit hanging out behind the K9 and handlers in what looked to be an enclose area between shed and fence. Are you trying to get bit and or shot?. Oh, and take your time when he tells you to back up, don't hurt yourself.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
HayesGreener, thank you very much.

That kind of training was my understanding based on conversations with professionals, and your explanation implies the answer to my concern.

To fine tune my inquiry, if the officer has lost sight of the canine and the subject, and does not issue a recall,

is there anything the subject can do to surrender to the canine, without a bite, before the officer arrives?

Hands on head? Prone out?

The dog is going to grab and hold. How bad you get bitten depends on how much you resist.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
In the retriever world, we call that "hard mouth". BwaHahahaha

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3765 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Awesome

Posts: 22941 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
There's a good boy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Serious question.

Once the dog has been released, how does one surrender to an officer and his K-9 in order to submit without being bitten?

Enjoy the bite Smile

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A lot of these dogs have lost their teeth over the years due to constant training and biting, so the vet installs STEEL replacement teeth, and boy do they work!!

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That is a good dog.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15619 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post